The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do You Think The Entity Gets Upset When Killers Hold A Match For 60 Min?

I mean... really think about it.

After 60 minutes, all Survivors "die", but we dont see any animation like the EGC animations, they just vanish.

And with the new Anti- 3-Gen stuff, the Entity just straight up blocks the Generator as if they are trying to tell the Killer to "do your job".

I just think it's interesting.

Comments

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited January 13

I think more like it gets bored when the cat and mouse entertainment it sets up for itself grinds to a halt for up to the 60 minutes mark.

Just like when survivor out stealth each other until then and it simply goes "meh, they couldn't catch the prey I prepared for them. Time for another try, this has gotten boring and went on long enough. Restart."

Same with your example, "Hey dude, I know you prevent them from escaping but you will get nowhere this way. Restart."

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,159

I mean yea, I guess that would also explain Crows swarming Survivors who sit still for too long.

The Entity is just poking them with a stick and saying "come on, do something".

• Theo_Urista
    Theo_Urista Member Posts: 31

I keep hearing about that whole after an hour the whole game ends and I never seen it, like a footage of it happening

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,159

You can find some footage of it on YouTube.

Hens has a Knight video where it is shown off.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,995

The Entity definitely get upset about that. Why you think the entity kept the knight disabled for so long? Punishment for his sins.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

There's a lot the Entity could do

Like making the exit gates power up after an hour... but only one an be opened ( if it's the killer who's just standing by a Gen)

Like making the exit gates stay open for a minute after being opened (if the Survivors want to play Hide and Go Seek)

Like making the Hatch be closed upon spawning in

Like making hooks come back once the gens are powered

Like allowing the Killer to open both Exit Gates (Yea I am kinda salty about some of my games... but hey that's why I play the game)

Like allowing the Killer to work on a Gen (LOL)... Pig would love that

Like making a observational port (free camera) so we can see the whole map

Like giving the Map Item an addon that gives the Survivor a Mini-Map... cause why not at this point

Like having a few new gamemodes to feed it more...

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,706

I always thought they should institute an 'entity is bored' mechanic. This would have caught up face camping, slugging for the 4 minute bleed out, 3 genning, and on the survivor side, hiding out for hatch and refusing to leave via the gate. Lore wise it would give them a reason to tackle together elements on both sides of the game that are disliked. It looks like we'll get some of those (and already have), but without any concern about the lore.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,661

The entity feeds on physical suffering and sacrifices.

Camping a hook or gens is basically the equivalent of the killer staring at a piece of furniture for an hour and not doing their job of feeding the entity.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 551
    edited January 13

Thats why mori's are a reward for most killers except Pyrimid Head as the Entity doesn't get as much of a feed from it hence why you can't get merciless if you do a mori. Also it probably gets boring spectating a trial where the killer is just standing still watching gens. Clearly map reworks or the new anti 3 gen is the entity going this was a bad idea.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 919

Whatever the entity may think of it, it is... curious, that the devs chose to have the survivors die when the matchtimer runs out. This I suspect is big part of the reason why trying to indefinitely hold generators even was as much of a thing. If they had simply closed the game server and told players as much, or dressed it up as "the entity lost interest" or whatever, with all players just transitioning straight to the tally screen, I guarantee at least not nearly as many instances of gen hostage situations would have occurred.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

"Hey, do your job, killer. Start slashing, not kicking."

Food for thought: I feel like the Entity would canonically loathe camping and tunneling because there's not much action going on other than a single survivor being forcefully taken by the Entity while less survivors are panicking. Only being able to feed on the fear of a single survivor must sound boring when there are three other survivors with potential tastier fears. It wouldn't be much of a surprise if the single survivor getting camped/tunneled is moreso disappointed and mildly annoyed about getting targetted rather than scared or frightened, being punished by the Entity simply because the killer refused to go for anybody else. There's a reason why the Entity rewards less bloodpoints for such, after all...

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

The entity feeds off emotions mainly the negative ones, if survivors become more bored than scared it probably doesn't love that. It's the same reason that the entity doesn't love it when say Myers just instakills a survivor without hooking them, they die too fast for it to really feed off them.

I suppose the entity doesn't love longer trials but only when it still results in hooks that's probably why the entity shuts the trial down after 60 minutes, it holds them to feed and if it's not being fed it'll just scrap it and move on to the next so it can be fed sooner.

• UnusedAccount
    UnusedAccount Member Posts: 130

Guess that explains why the Entity added end game because Survivors wouldn't leave and hold the Killer hostage.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

Heehee I like that it's a girl :D We are the entity mwahaha.

That's much better than the picture someone else posted of it. One of those disgusting house centipedes EW.

Also to stay on topic, I've never seen the game just end like that! That's interesting. Everyone disappears. For some reason that's more scary to me than being hooked and sacrificed.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,424

I think these technical details are hard to fit within the lore, to be honest. The way I see it, in terms of lore a trial would go on until everyone was either dead or managed to escape (as it used to be).