Casual Mode in Dead By Daylight.

Options

I have an idea on how to create an interesting Casual mode in DBD that seperates itself enough from ranked to be interesting. What if we were essentially to effectuate "Kustom Kombat Modifiers" from Mortal Kombat X into DBD?

Basic Idea: Spend an offering to apply a random effect to the match. The effect applies to all players in the match and can be a fun and new way to introduce chaotic elements to the match, prioritizing fun over balance preferably. I personally think this would introduce a more "fun focused" enviroment rather than a competative one.

Comments

• Horrific777
    Horrific777 Member Posts: 8
    edited January 17
    Options

5 Modifier Ideas to start this off.

1. Plague Outbreak: All survivors will cough during the match, making stealth more difficult.

2. Rift Tear: Ghost appear all over the map, jumpscaring anyone who gets too close.

3. EMP: All generators that arent completed or are not actively being worked on will regress.

4. Rot: All healing done in the match is slowed.

5. Dream Realm: All pallets on the map respawn, but not all of them are real.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,602
    Options

5. Dream Realm: All pallets on the map respawn, but not all of them are real.

Me playing Killer, having chased one survivor for 2min, finally about to down them. Pallet respawns...

"fun focused" 

Hahah yes super fun focused, that's exactly how ill feel if that happens.

• Horrific777
    edited January 18
    Options

The idea is to disrupt the monotony of DBD with basically a randomizer that makes the game different everytime you play it. It could be heavily in your favor, or it could be a total ######### show. Thats the point.

Anyways if the devs made this, they can easily tweak the ratio of fake to real pallets and buff fake pallets if it becomes problematic.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 615
    Options

Idea I had:

- Base Kit: All players have equipped all existing perks.

• Horrific777
    edited January 19
    Options

I think a funny one would be to switch builds with a teammate in the match.