If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

dbd urgently needs a graphical improvement

Options
LeGranEmi
LeGranEmi Member Posts: 80
edited January 17 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't understand why the graphics haven't improved, it still looks horrible unlike other games, the devs said they didn't want to change the graphics engine for the players of the old generation of consoles but having games like rerdead redemption and halo infinite that visually look very good and are five times as big in content as dbd

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 17
    Options

The smoke effects from the fire barrels are so pixelated that it constantly reminds me of how old DBD really is. It shouldn't be like that.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

This thread is 6 years too late.

• Kubui
    Kubui Member Posts: 60
    Options

probably in some years we will get an U5 update. If you do that now, dbd might lose a big playerbase because a lot of players play on potatoes

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

Honestly, I want this game to never have any kind of major graphical improvement, PS3/´´ugly´´ graphics are unique and give off a much better atmosphere, it just needs better optimization

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

it's the worst performing game i have ever had. It consumes so many resources and the quality is #########. I play most games in 4K, and dbd has to have the graphics in medium or it dies... Performance got even worse since the releasd of skull merchant. Trees now are basically 50/50 chance to be a MSPaint texture or not...

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 928
    Options

I'd say that survivor animations are my biggest issue with the game atm, for an animation set that is reused for tons of characters... it's really mess and makes the models look ugly.

That and stop caking everyone with excessive dirt and pores, it looks awful

• Harbinger1985
    Harbinger1985 Member Posts: 58
    Options

I find many random textures pixelated. I wondered something at my side or the graphics really that... dated. I could say old since it's still a 2016 game with lots of updates, but older titles looks better. Don1t know the performance side I use Adaptive-sync and this make it 60 cap on maximum at FullHD. But I remember played the game at free weekend at my old build i5 4460, 8 GB RAM and a GTX 960, had performance issue!

Also, I experimented by turning off AA. Well, it looks... weird and ugly. Just like many games which requires TAA to to certain elements don't looks bad like hair. Since TAA gives you an obvious ghosting effect doesn't we need to change between AA methods? I know TAA off function recently implemented to the game. Just like FSR 1.0.