Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anyone else facing absolute tryhards?

mikewelk
mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
edited January 17 in General Discussions

The entire time I've been playing today, each killer has hard/turbo tunneled each survivor out of the game. They proximity camp and immediately disregard the unhooker to tunnel. Once it comes to a two person situation, they just slug the other survivor and stand right on top of them and I was forced to just wait four entire minutes because the killer needs to get their 4k that desperately. One had a mori so I just died by endgame timer running out to deny them the satisfaction which resulted in them pretending to hump me as I was getting sacrificed. They nearly bled the other survivor out then mori'd them and had the audacity to say gg. My teammates are far from my MMR and the killers' which also doesn't help a bit, I've faced Wesker, two nurses, and a huntress and their playstyle was literally just doing that at five generators. No provocation.

I'm loving the double XP and BP!

Best Answers

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753
    Answer ✓

This is just standard DBD atm. It’s not every match and some days are better than others but this is often the case.

depending on your team they will only get 1-2k or at least that’s become standard with my MMR.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238
    edited January 18 Answer ✓

The matchmaking is always random for me. Earlier I was matched with a 6000+ hour deathslinger and a 5200 hour P100 ghostface. Then afterwards I got a hag and a pig who played like they just installed the game. It just goes from one extreme to the other. I often wonder if this game even has matchmaking at this point.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,222
    Answer ✓

Yes and yes. Same on both sides. Don't really blame anyone. Every other game is a sweat fest and you never really know what to expect from match to match. Could be chill or it could be a comp scrim. No way of knowing beforehand, but it sucks to lose because the other side was trying harder.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    Answer ✓

Its the sad part of the game, which is why MMR has to be a thing. Your skill doesnt matter much when the ability to stack meta can overlap the skill. I believe a Trapper with iri addons, stack 4 slowdown and tunneling is stronger than Blight without addon, using meme perks and play it fair.

I dont think the mindset of wanting to win so hard making the game sweat fest. But that mindset combined with meta stacking make it feel like so.

When 1 side have the mindset plus stacking meta. If you either try hard but use meme build; or use meta but not try hard...may make you lose the game (assume both side have equal skill)

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Answer ✓

I’ve played one game this year. It turned out to be against a 4 man bully squad running headon among other mess. It goes both ways.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,940
    Answer ✓

Similar experience on killer:

3 to 4man swf (asked them and they said yes), one or two syringes and one or two bnp, map offerings for McMillan, coldwind, ormond and Garden of joy on top of strong items and the same 8 perks every game.

People just like to win I guess?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Answer ✓

Classic double bp event in dbd

You bring cake for everyone just to get turbo tunneled by sweaty nurse with mori and after several shitty games like that, you start to use only personal bp offerings like everyone else.

Times like these makes me wonder if I shouldnt start playing in swf finally and get some bp

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,637
    Answer ✓

Yeah. Since early december my matches on killer have become a lot harder. Survivor feels about the same for me. I'm not playing much because the effort to win is not worth it anymore. Before this though matches were too easy, so it's not good either way really. I'm just waiting for Alan Wake and the Rift to come out so i can focus on that.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 677
    Answer ✓

@mikewelk

I'm able to get 1-2 kills more or less consistent, but its brutal to get more than this. Well i play singularaty at the moment and I don't play him very much, maybe thats why xD

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 378
    Answer ✓

When I play as Killer I get the Black Ops Squad

When I play Survivor I get the trained assassin and the footsoldier Survivors.

It gets worse the more events that occur.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963
    Answer ✓

Honestly, when playing as killer, it seems there are far more sweaty matches than usual. DbD always had a bit of a randomness where you never knew if you would face a chill match, an extremely easy match, a fun but challenging match or a ridiculously stressful match where survivors play almost flawlessly, do gens in the most fast and efficient way possible and also bring the strongest stuff they can, the best perks, BNPs, Syringes, Styptics and even map offerings. Well, the last one is happening almost all the time recently, and I think it's happening due to the matchmaking changes that made it more strict to MMRs close to yours.

Answers