The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Mods, can you clarify "holding the game hostage"?

I've seen some discussion both here and on reddit about what counts as "holding the game hostage", and I've seen peanits weigh in on what's NOT holding the game hostage, but I haven't seen examples of what IS.

So here's my understanding, based on discussions and what peanits has said:

• slugging all remaining survivors is not "holding the game hostage", because after 4 minutes survivors bleed out
  • killer bodyblocking the last survivor in a corner before EGC is holding the game hostage, because that last survivor can't end the game.
  • killer bodyblocking the last survivor in a corner after EGC is not holding the game hostage, because when EGC runs out the game ends.
  • killer bodyblocking a survivor in a corner while there are still other survivors is not holding the game hostage, because the other survivors can still progress the game (e.g. do remaining gens, open gate, or blind the killer so the trapped survivor can escape). However, if the other survivors choose not to progress the game, then that is holding the game hostage. This is a case where killer and survivors are working together to hold the game hostage, although I guess it would only count as such if the trapped player wants to progress the game but everyone else is conspiring to prevent them from doing so.
  • all survivors hiding and not progressing the game is holding the game hostage. I originally thought that head crows were supposed to help in this situation, but in my experience head crows only happen to indicate a survivor who has gone completely idle, and not survivors who are moving around but not progressing the game.
  • Using exploits is itself a bannable offense. Using exploits that make it impossible for the other side to progress is also holding the game hostage.

Is that about right?

Comments

• mugi
    mugi Member Posts: 54
    edited January 21

Suppose I could lock all the survivors in a corner. Do I have to move from there? Survivors do not have to leave because they all die after one hour.

How about adapting the disappearance of hit points to all killers and survivors like in The Twins?

Oh... did Killer get kicked out of the game if he didn't move for a long period of time? Forget what I said.

Post edited by mugi on
  • oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307

Blocking people to kill them with EGC has actually been said to be considered a reportable/bannable action on this very forum before, even if other survivors are still alive. Unless it's after EGC has started or "shortly before".

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 810
    edited January 21

"killer bodyblocking a survivor in a corner while there are still other survivors is not holding the game hostage, because the other survivors can still progress the game (e.g. do remaining gens, open gate, or blind the killer so the trapped survivor can escape)."

I don't feel like searching for the screenshot in the moment but the mods said, that this szenario ist bannable, because the Killer prevents the blocked player from playing the game, regardless of the actions of the other survivors.

(Oxygen already said that, I missed it)