Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Locker displacement bug

freshlyblinded
freshlyblinded Member Posts: 4
edited January 10 in Bug Reporting

Several times while playing, I have encountered a bug that somehow causes the locker to displace. Sometimes the hitbox isn't touchable, other times it can still be interacted with but displays its contents (hatches or people) floating above it midair. Unfortunately i was unable to snag a cap of the people floating but was able to do so with hatchets. I am unsure if the survivors are able to see it as well since the were on console but it seemed they did?

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as killer in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, use locker (killer or survivor)

Step 4 : locker glitches out, laying on the floor.

Additional information

• Platform - PC
  • Game edition - Live
  • Killers: Huntress, legion
  • Maps: Macmillan estate, Autohaven, Red forest
  • Frequency of the issue: 1st time was on the 7th, twice today (the 9th/10th)

first time triggered by a survivor's use, they had taken off when i went to check it,

2nd time i was unable to get a screenshot due to rowdy survivors, they were found popping in and out of it, causing the one "inside" to float midair. When I tried to open it after they exited it, hatched appeared midair and then stayed there.

3rd i was able to get a shot showing the floating hatchets after i tried to reload.

not sure if the log is needed, but here.

Post edited by freshlyblinded on
1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 855

This isn't the only Locker bug in the game right now. I don't know if this has been reported yet, but there's a bug where if you're in front of the locker and the Survivor rushes out, you can be thrown backwards or directly up in the air. The Survivors do not have Head On equipped, so it's nothing to do with that. Here's what it looks like (this Cenobite player also got stuck):

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/18jcwux/that_weird_locker_jump_bug_made_me_permanently/

It's happened to me multiple times now. I don't know if so many Survivors know about it that they're exploiting this bug regularly, but I think some might be.

• freshlyblinded
    freshlyblinded Member Posts: 4

locker bug returns, on survivor this time! FT a lovely artist in Racoon city. I was able to still enter the locker while it was face down, causing me to float midair where it should be. The artist attempted to shoot me in confusion, but because i was technically in a locker it didn't do anything.