We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Toxic killers tunnel newbies now + Suggestion

Imagine you tunnel, camp at the basement and then spam 'ez' in the endgame chat.

This game has a serious issue with toxic players. As if tunneling wasn't a thing already. I get that in high mmr you kind of are forced to do it because you don't have a chance if 4 survivors stay in the game for long. But don't come here and pretend it's a valid tactic when 3 out of 4 players in the match have less then 100 hours in the game while your killer is at level 47 (3k hours in the game).

I may not be new to the game but just witnessing this was awfull. How is this game going to survive or attract new players if they are welcomed by a toxic tunnel camper who spams 'ez' in the chat.

My suggestion:

The game as far as I can tell can monitor a lot of things so it shouldn't be difficult to detect toxic players. So add a toxicity score to the game. If a killer tunnels hard, nods aggressivly, humps a downed player or hits a player on the hook, he gains score. If a survivor tbags, nods aggressivly, flash light clicks or fast vaults windows, pallets, lockers far away from the killer he gains score. If someone types 'ez' in the endgame chat or something similar he gains score.

Match them up according to their score like mmr.

This would clean out the game from toxic players as non toxic players keep a low score, while bully squads and toxic killers can have their beatdown and be toxic somehwere else.

I want this game to stay fun and keep atracting new players. Newbies shouldn't be stomped and spit on by people with a fragile ego.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,997

lmao I hit survivors on the hook to cancel their screaming, to protect my bloody ears. I guess Im toxic now-

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 618

I hit Survivors on the hook all the time. Auto-aim is a harsh mistress.

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 269

What most of you seem to misunderstand is that this toxic behaviour will prevent new players from joining dbd. My friends told me so when they started to play that they see a lot of newer players complaining about not getting a chance to get to know the game.

If you're fresh in the game and someone with 5k experience laughs about you thats what I call pathetic. Ultimately this game will sign it's own end if it is not capable of attracting new players.

I don't have an answer how to handle this perfectly as @Simfeliz pointed out. But we can't just keep acting like toxicity in this game is not a problem.

MMR system might be not working but there is absolutely no reason to drop Chuck Norris on freshmans and then laugh about them when they loose quick. That's why I adressed it in this post. Toxic sweaty killers are a problem for all players in all games but in this case (where they seem to get paired up with newbies for whatever reason) it will cut out a large amount of new players from dbd.

Thats not good for BHVR, and thats not good for us because, as I said, it will lead to the end of this game a lot faster.

Most of the time I don't care about people trying to be toxic. But imagine you are new to this game, why would you bother playing dbd ever again if this is the experience in your first games.

• phenomenal1256
    phenomenal1256 Member Posts: 4

why is the humping a down player bad when a killer does it? But survs can teabag killers all day?

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 618

And what some people fail to understand is that calling everything they don't like toxic will diminish the term and allow actual toxicity to fly under the radar because we've all long since tuned it out and stopped caring. Ironically, this will harm newer players more than the things you're claiming are toxic. I mean, nodding aggressively?

• Atom7k

While this is true it doesn't invalidate my point. Tbagging for example is widely know to be toxic. I don't think anyone can seriously defend that. Nodding may be an edge point and is imo not that important.

I don't see how adressing toxic killers stomping newbies is going to harm them. It already does affect the game. 4 people I know pesonally have already quitted the game because they got stomped by high experienced killers and got made fun of.

As I said it is not just about people being toxic but keeping the game alive by attracting new players and hold them to the game.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 406

I am new to the game and thought all of these behaviors were just normal. I think the problem lies in putting too much into needing a win. I have never even seen any toxic chat. If being told ez offends them then this might be a personal issue with self esteem. These are competitive games. As in both sides are trying to win. People do get a little carried away at times but that is the nature of competition.

I do feel sorry for them that they felt bad after a tunnel. That is not enjoyable. The method to deal with it is to laugh with your friends and think up ways to change your plan of play. You aren’t going to be the target every game. Mindset change is the answer. Positive thinking will help you out.

• phenomenal1256
    edited January 24

So survivors can do w/e to killers. Noted. Cause we both know the intent matters.

• phenomenal1256

When survivors do the same thing when the intent behind it. You went "Well actually thats not the case"

• phenomenal1256

They are simulating doing that though when they teabag. Like why defend it? Ah well at least I have a reason to tunnel tonight.

• Atom7k

Well not every new player will play with friends. Even if, I've seen it all. There defintely are fair matches and everything but I've also seen people getting paired up with the most miserable players for hours, days and weeks.

I quitted dbd 3 years ago for that exact reason. I came back because a friend wanted to play it with me 2 years ago but I wasn't sure about it. Calling it a mixed experience would be mild. Lately, when playing solo-q I saw 3 new people playing the game together and for whatever reason I got added to their lobby (probably because I was alone idk). I was concerned that because of me being in the lobby the killer might be stronger and here he comes our 3k hours ghostface camping at the basement and t-bagging downed survivors before hooking them and hitting them 8 times in a row leaving just right before they could unhook themself.

I felt very sorry for them but there is nothing I could do except report the killer. I just thought it needed attention because it definetly can harm the game and overall the mood of the players. Not everyone can shake this off immediatly.

I learned to shake it off pretty good but even I catch myslelf getting angry when I run into the 4th bully squad of the evening.