Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dev Update - January 2024 #2

2»

Comments

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,940

I hope they are friend. I hope they are...

Until i havent seen the "adjustments" im not getting my hopes up. Im super sorry.

• Shuma
    Shuma Member Posts: 55

Boon:Illumination needs a major buff. If it releases as is, it may be the worst perk in the entire game.

• radiantHero23

Until i see the "adjustments" im staying sceptical. I have no reason to get my hopes up. Sorry to say. Its a step forward though. Small steps....

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 959

Same. I’m accepting the news with a very, very large pinch of salt.

• radiantHero23

Im looking forward to that specific update. My anticipation of the patch is gone however.

I really hope that thinks will turn out for the better but seeing how everything we said got ignored and stuff got added that nobody asked for makes me frightened.

Its good to see though that they finally recognize the importance of the matter. Guess we screamed loud enough.

• CarlAlc7
    CarlAlc7 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 90
    edited January 25

And out of all the killers Blight is probably the one to need a compesation buff.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,522

And you're absolutely correct, my friend. We know for sure things will change now, but we still have to wait and see what exactly those changes are.

• mollikyu
    mollikyu Member Posts: 13

After the tiny handful of Onryo mains were positive about the changes, they have decided to nerf her again. I cannot believe they have given her a power cooldown basically making her condemn unviable. Just adding cooldowns is absolutely ridiculous, its overheat for onryo. All the survivors need to do is take a tape if they are working on a gen, its not difficult honestly. They also added the ability to see the aura of TVs, so survivors can find tapes easier which gives them no excuse to just sit on a gen right next to a powered TV. If people sit on gens without taking the tape and don't know why condemn is building is this a problem with the killer design or with survivors not bothering to understand how to interact with the killers power?

The cooldown on power also completely removes the ability to build condemn during chase, without making the chase last a ridiculous amount of time. She is now in a weaker state than she was to begin with, as TVs have auras, and it only takes 1 second to put a tape away - these new changes bring back the old problem that survivors have no incentive to take tapes again.

Also the whole point of adding lock in mechanic was encourage hooking over slugging, now slugging them is more viable again which is ridiculous. It seems BHVR don't want any onryo mains to utilise her power effectively, might as well remove condemn completely at this point. She is literally less powerful than she has ever been, and I now can't go back to playing her after all this wait. So so sad honestly.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009

Outside sadako pretty ok changes i would say

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

C33 - pretty much not worth running, It's slightly better than double turn rate after 3 rushes which was never ever worth running. With umbra salts it'll be kinda fun but not good which I guess is fine.

iri tag - Should have gone with my suggestion of making it go by normal cool down standards when breaking a pallet or missing. Wasn't going to use it much anyway but def not now. It'll feel bad to play against but on a good blight it's just a self nerf.

Adren - is definitely the big winner. Not as strong as before but probably his strongest add-on now, not sure how I feel about that.

Back to alch ring/green speed and adren/green speed and now ring/adren

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 333

good luck explaining to the tryhards why tunneling is now not the most viable strategy somehow with these nerfs. i mean, if there's a maximum lock of 2 stacks, and the extra can be cleared, then the onryo player is going to tunnel that survivor before they can clear the stacks. you cannot discourage tunneling by making not tunneling seem more efficient without actually rewarding it because tunneling has an inherent reward for every single killer

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

It's disappointing that it feels like BHVR gave us the absolute bare minimum for the FoV slider, instead of giving us an actual FoV range, that went up to something decent like 110 Horizontal FoV... and it's unlikely to change because there wasn't enough outrage on it.

Did BHVR really give us their best effort, to give us a good FoV slider, or did they purposely give us the bare minimum, to see if there was any outrage? If the intended Onryo changes can get reversed (or at least partially reversed), does that mean the FoV slider could have gotten better if enough people had complained about it?

This might literally be the only major quality of life or accessibility feature planned for killers for a very very long time, and it's really just going to be the very bare minimum possible? We can't test out a better FoV range, to see if it affects the kill rate too much? We can't just have a better FoV range, and balance the game accordingly if the kill rate moves too much?

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 695

The anti-facecamping system has a range of 16m, it sounds like a lot but it's less than 5 seconds for a 4,6m Killer without mobility (those with mobility can close the distance in less than 3 seconds and projectile Killers don't care).

When a Survivor enters that 16m, the Killer can enter that range without fear of the system doing anything.

In any open maps (which is almost every map) the Killer can easily stay just outside 16m and have a clear view of the hook (which is what most Killers do when they are on the backfoot or just feeling like it), which means the moment a Survivor is spotted going for the unhook they go right back to hook to either force a trade or tunnel.

With STBFL, attacking non-obsession Survivors off the hook was not only powerful but encouraged because the perk works on the Basekit BT hit which means tunneling is even more efficient as not only can you force a trade but the unhooked Survivor can't get very far.

Instead of keeping the perk strong but limiting it's power in camping/tunneling they just double-nerfed the perk by removing synergy with some powers and weakening it's chase potential that weak/M1 Killers used but that the powerhouses (Nurse, Blight) can't really use that much.

Also I had to re-read your comment a few times because did you really say there's no tunneling problem because it's an assym?!

By it's very assymetrical design, Survivors are at a massive disadvantage when they lose one person quickly. Tunneling one Survivor as quick as possible is literally the easiest way to win as Killer since one less Survivor equals one less people on gens and available to do saves, it's the strongest form of slowdown and utterly boring and unfun for the player that spent more time in lobby than playing the game. Tunneling is probably the most complained-about thing in this game.

• purp1ehaze
    purp1ehaze Member Posts: 10

I am deeply disappointed that there were no changes to the 3-Gen system.

Once the regression event occur, cool survivers can repeatly repair 4.9%. Therefore, it will never comes the chance of regression event again. In other word, the Perks that depends on gen-kick lose there ability.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world!

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 551

I am in complete shock. I said no way they could mess Sadoko up again. They proved me wrong. I still prefer this power to the one we had pre PTB. At least Billys got what they wanted. Sadly Sadoko is probably near the bottom of the list again unless the devs do Freddy mains dirty.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437

They should at least #Nerf pig, so that Sadako is above her XD.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,480

Another proof that majority here do not advocate fair changes, but simply want insane nerfs for everything that causes them at least some difficulties.

Adrenaline Vial was one of Blight's worst addons on PTB, which literally had a ton of downsides with 7 tokens, and thanks a lot, BHVR, for not just throwing it in the trash of history, where no one would use it.

People seem to forget that with this addon Blight will also have a much bigger cooldown, so I think it's absolutely in the right place. I really hope that you won't gut him just because of whines.

Also, C33 probably is not bad (need testing), but not with limitation in 3 stuck ups. Remove it and leave it for Iri Tag.

Iri Tag is overnerfed, but number changes is all it needs. 10 seconds for miss and pallet brake, 20 seconds after successful hit. 20 seconds after every action worth only as meme brown addon, even strong side of this addon won't compensate it.

Devs, please consider ask of almost every Blight player and make Rat 3% and Crow 4%. They are overnerfed.

Quick Gambit on the Game will be insanely stupid against m1 killers, but well, seems like another buff to SWF and barely someone will bring it in solo.

Rip STBFL, most pointless and messy nerf in years.

Seems like Champ of Light is another perk we will force to wait nerfs for another half of year. Well, i was ready for it, marketing, understandable.

And no buff to Boon is kinda joke.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,932

That's something that is being addressed, not likely for release but I'm hopeful of one of the patches that we put out in the following weeks.

• Vanishlord

Do not even joke about that (though i do find it funny given that they would do that) the devs might actually go through with another unjustified change about that if I still find Sadoko to be boring when I am able to play her. I need Pig as my main. Its a shame if the devs had not changed Sadoko in the first place she wouldn't be where she is now and her two rework slots could have gone to someone who needed them. I have no idea why the gave her the first rework nobody asked for and then on the second rework they had it pretty much bang on and then screwed it up for the live version. I actually think we should make a union for Sadoko she has been done dirty.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437

Completely agree, she was fine in the first place and now they refuse to give us her good old version back. They said they wanted to bring her more to the original for the old Sadako mains.

I kinda find the #Nerf pig funny even if she is too weak. I don‘t think the live update for pig will be a buff, they wouldn‘t dare to fight that meme.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,123
    edited January 26

Punishing players for using their brain when playing Sadako which requires some thinking.

Current Sadako tp logic requires no thinking, upcoming Sadako tp logic restricts thinking.

The counterplay to teleporting to the “wrong tv” from Survivors is either leave the vicinity of the powered tv or grab the tape from said powered tv. Is this counterplay too hard for the average Survivor?

Putting a cap on Condemn lock in will just encourage players to slug.

Ok devs

No changes to the regression logic also means that Survivors can 4.9% gens to deny the Killer from using pop or even kick high progress generators.

Post edited by appleas on
  • Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

I'm really glad the Onryo changes are being re-evaluated, but it's still astonishing how little BHVR seems to understand their own game sometimes.

With Billy and Onryo here, it's gold in one hand and poop in the other.

Onryo is my favorite killer (and highest prestige killer), and I stopped using her as much after the last major change (because it was unhealthy), and was really excited to see what they would do this time. The changes were good (but nor everything I'd hoped for), but then they decided to essentially neuter the best part (locking in condemned) of the rework because they don't seem to understand tunneling? Madness.

I'll just keep her on the bench for a while longer, I guess.

My one additional request would be that please, for the love of god, give her something to help her in chase. It doesn't have to be busted, but anything would help.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,426

Guessing I'm passing on the Alan Wake chapter. For a supposed survivor chapter we haven't really gotten much.

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

No buffs for Alan Wake perks?..... Okay BHVR.....

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 186

So they nerfed Onryo even more even though she clearly was on the lower end of the killers in the ptb? Huh? What? Why?

They nerfed Blights iri tag and compound 33 which is understandable though I'm pretty sure no one is gonna run compound 33 anymore cause it's too weak now, but why is adrenaline vial buffed again?

The changes to the hillbilly's addons feel kinda pointless. In the Ptb at no point did I think that overdrive was going away too fast or I couldn't keep the meter up.

STBFL change I'm really glad that they changed that, but it still doesn''t actually fix the issue with camping/tunneling with it. All this did is just reduce how many people will use it outside of tunneling. Quick Gambit is still kinda not good. You could run bond with it and see the survivors so that you can force value, but you could also just be in area where they're are no pallets which causes you to go down and potentially given less time/gen progression for the other survivors by trying to force Quick Gambit.

Overall really weird and bad changes from the PTB. I think the only real good one in all of this is the iri tag change and somewhat the STBFL change.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Yeah it's just a flat out NERF at this point. I know OPW is sad about this!

• BooomTetris
    BooomTetris Member Posts: 58

True, every single add-on is nerfed/changed now. The Vial change is a bit weird, but still a nerf. At least they gave us a new playsytle to learn with Vial+Ring. Ngl, the PTB C33 looked so fun, but I completely understand the nerf. The whole 20 seconds CD on Blight Tag after breaking a palette or missing an attack is a bit much, but no cd was also a joke. I don't see myself using an Iri add-on ever. We will see the same 4 add-ons over and over again

I never played Sadako, and never will be, but I feel so bad for her.

The John Wick skin looks cool, but his perks are super garbage.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 638

Grim embrace+Dead man's switch=

I'm not playing survivor.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

"We heard you didn't want a cooldown on Sadako's power, but some killer players were using her power with some semblance of tactics or planning, so we gave her one anyway."

• Vanishlord
  • ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

The Hillbilly

Hillbilly deserved all buffs he got in this PTB. He is extremely fun to play as and against. That's important. Players can have fun with him and use his Chainsaw and don't worry about 50 kilometers distance for missed Chainsaw Attack. I have played Old 2016-2020 Hillbilly and the new Hillbilly really reminds me of old one. That's really good. Old Billy was perfect balanced. Current new Billy will be perfect balanced at current state of Dead By Daylight. I really like his addons. We can play bump addons, cooldown addons, engravings, overdrive duration / generation, turn rate addons, lopro, carburetor & more. Finally Billy doesn't need to run the same addons every match, because his base kit is strong now and he has more interesting addons.

The Blight

Interesting changes. We will see...

Adrenaline Vial seems not bad. Only 5% speed (was 10% before). Okay, he got 7 Tokens, but he doesn't have recharge buff. If Blight uses all 7 Tokens he needs so much time to recharge it. Alchemist's Ring will be better than Adrenaline Vial in my opinion and nobody complains about it and it really suprise me.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 335

huh?

+7 rush tokens

normal turn rate (-55 turn rate penalty removed)

+5% speed instead of 10 (8% with crow)

20 degree turn angle

and you think ring will be better than adren vial..?

ring + vial is gonna be silly..

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

It's 5% flat bonus, not stackable for each Token used like a Crow. That's your first mistake.

Normal turn rate is a deal, but for good blights it never matter to be honest.

+2 Tokens not +7 Tokens - he needs much time to recharge it...

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 335

Yes, 5+2= 7, +7 rush tokens

Crow is still going to stack with Vial? what

Much time? You forget he has 7 rushes.. 7

Normal turn rate with a 20 degree turn angle bonus, which is even sillier than how Vial currently is. This isn’t nerfing how free and strong this add-on was. It deserved to be nerfed into the ground. Good Blights also don’t run Vial because they know how strong it is.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 213
    edited January 27

Blighted tag got the wrong change. Now it will be a worthless iri ( make the cooldown 10 seconds on a pallt break or miss ) . Sure it was to strong on ptb but then you guys gutted it entirelly. Why are things 8 or 80 ?

can't we have a middle ground . Same with sadako . Why not try small changes instead of bringing something from busted to trash . Ruin and ds could be 4s and 150% regression. So many changes just cut values in half instead or making small tweaks to see how it lands.