Only killers should be punished for forcing their objectives?

Options

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

Maybe, yes.

Of course, there's likely a difference in ideas there.

If you care enough about winning to tunnel but bring a bad build, idk.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,381
    Options

Yeah that's pretty much the idea I was going for, thanks.

For what its worth, I agree with what you're saying as well.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 449
    Options

Exactly. Don't tell me your struggling as killer when I'm getting 4 downs in 2:11 minutes in the Game map as Bubba. I don't feel at all "punished" for having 4 slugs bleedout.

If seen the same objective speed survivor side with Hens' team.

• Pulsar
    Options

If you are playing a weak killer with a bad build with bad add-ons against a full meta squad...you should not expect to win.

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 308
    Options

Tunneling was fine before the constantly map/perk/item/mechanic nerfs.

Now it sucks cause the individual survivor is so weak.

Try getting tunneled on corn maps or Nostromo, not fun.

The problem is that survivors can't be strong in the 1v1 because then killer is miserable but due to BHVR's refusal to enforce team play it just leads to a frustrating gameplay loop on the survivor-side, where tunneling has no guaranteed consequence against uncoordinated teams. If the game is going to remain as is then I think survivor should get buffed in the 1v1 but ONLY under the condition of being tunneled.

How they put that in I can't say. But they can start by removing grey area, being unhooked/self-unhook when the killer is within X meters and immediately entering chase should be considered tunneling.

• Pulsar
    Options

You can, but I'm not sure why you would.

If being that competitive mattered, you wouldn't have chosen Freddy with bad addons and a bad build.

• TSQuint
    TSQuint Member Posts: 88
    edited January 25
    Options

"While whole community crying about tunneling"

I don't see a reason to continue reading. This is a bad faith post and OP knows it.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Tunneling is never necessary. Its just easy. Everyone here knows it.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Man you're opinion is clearly based on the fact you can only tunnel. See? If you wanna generalize things, I can too! You're bad at killer. You'll get better though. Maybe.

• Pulsar
    Options

I would advise you to try out for scrims and then report back.

The gap between "good" pub teams and scrim teams is massive. The gap between scrims and comp is also big.

OhTofu runs a scrim program, I've participated before under a different name. It's a really fun experience and I'd highly recommend it.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

Use noed I have been able to make many comebacks with it from bad games to 3-4K.

• flotaku
    flotaku Member Posts: 60
    Options

The thing you seem to fail to realise is... What are survivors supposed to do besides gens?

There is nothing, besides unhooking/healing when possible.

Whereas as a killer, you have the option to tunnel, camp, slug, etc. You can progress the game without doing those things, but survivors? They can only do gens.

There is no reason to cleanse unlit totems. There is no reason to open chests.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,430
    Options

If on an equal field of comp vs comp or scrim vs scrim the killers have to tunnel, then on an equal field of average vs average they would also have to tunnel. Because in both cases the skill level is equal.

DbD changes far more than a symmetrical game between skill levels. In a symmetrical game as you advance in skill levels, your opponents advance in the same way. DbD adds completely new things at upper levels to one side only: there is no killer equivalent to getting three other survivors, planning out a strategy, and using a map callout system for maximum efficiency.

The path to becoming a really good killer is more direct than the survivor route. Choose a killer and play them a ton. You'll never get truly great unless you are seeking out other super competitive players, but you can get quite far. As survivor, you have to play survivor a ton, but then also go and find three other people who've also played survivor a ton and work out being on a team.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,381
    edited January 26
    Options

Sure.

None of that changes what happens when you do get good or equal survivors.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

Every survivor played the game way with the same perks, I almost never saw a good player before 6.1.0. The only upside to that meta was I could try without remorse, but I got bored going against the same 4 players every game. Every good player was beyond salty too, "wow your running something equivalent to my broken stuff while being better than me?" The rare comp teams were insufferable while running full meta during a very very strong meta. I was so tired of dbd by that point.

I don't even have it in me to play aggressively even if the meta got reverted to pre 6.1.0, seeing killers play like they have since 6.1.0 has made me dislike them more. Everyone's bad in this game but killers are the "bots" now.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited January 26
    Options

"If your feelings are getting hurt over a video game you play online, I don't know what to tell you."

"I could not care less"

11 words later

"I get annoyed"

So it do bothers you?

On topic to that: What it the issue that you invest emotions into a video game? Are we in 1975 again or what? "Oh its just a game, you dont have to care, its not real life". Just because its a random person on the internet does not mean this wont leave marks on some people. Yea that guy in the traffic who yelled at my wife the other day was also only a "stranger" but it is still fair to say that she has every right to be upset.

YOU ARE taking responsiblity, also in a video game. These are your actions and since you are well aware that some (or many) people do get upset by that, it is your choice if you CARE or you DONT. In other words, the internet makes you annoymous, but your actions still count. Also in a video game.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,124
    Options

So let me get this straight: if BHVR released a killer perk that starts a random survivor on the hook at the start of the match, and some absolutely terrible killer manages to get his behind whooped by a comp team, the comp team would need to be nerfed, not the perk?

• Firellius
    Options

What?

It's just playing optimally, so that's their true skill level then, right?

• Firellius
    Options

It's your argumentation that playing 'optimally' puts you at that skill level. Are you now saying that there's a limit to that? That there is some kind of restriction where it goes from being 'optimal' to 'it wins the game for you'?

• Firellius
    Options

Oh, it isn't?

Even when it can jump your MMR to such an extent that you can't play without it anymore?

• Pulsar
    Options

How so? I feel I've represented it quite fairly. You were the one who initiated a whataboutism as a defense tactic. Now, seemingly further defensive, you've simply begun attempting to copy me.

Because your perks and playstyle CAN carry you to a certain point beyond your true skill level. If a Killer ran Eruption, CoB, Overcharge and something else during that meta; they would have been carried due to the nature of those perks. Same with Survivor, although more difficult because you need three other people.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,431
    Options

Just quickly reminding everyone to please keep the discussion civil and constructive.

Thank you!

• YukariTheAlpaca
    YukariTheAlpaca Member Posts: 179
    Options

Survivor is inherently easier to learn than killer because it is a more basic role with less mechanics. "Each killer has their own and unique power" as the loading tip says.

There really are not many ways to make killers feel strong without them just completely invalidating some of the game mechanics. A lot of survivors hate the more modern anti-loop killer designs because they have little counterplay against competent killer players who know the ins-and-outs of the them.

Look at Xenomorph for instance; you can just invalidate looping due to the ability to just tail whip survivors on reaction. Even with the ability to shut down loops, survivors can just hold W away from Xeno for a long time (and use turrets), resulting in a lot of time still wasted for the killer in chases.

Chucky basically gets a confirmed hit every 20 seconds with nearly no counterplay on the survivor's end. The problem is that it is 1 hit every 20 seconds and you are a 110% killer with no power until then (which can also result in a HUGE time waste if Chucky misses an attack).

The reason Blight and Nurse are strong is they have tools to invalidate game mechanics and mindgame potential in chases, strong mobility for both catching up to survivors and patrolling, and have little downsides for actually messing up when using their power.