Please do not nerf Ultimate Weapon

Options
concubined
concubined Member Posts: 140
edited February 3 in Feedback and Suggestions

I haven’t played Dead by Daylight in six months and recently got back into it again. I bought Xenomorph for the perk “Ultimate Weapon” because I find survivors stealthing and just playing immersion very boring and non-interactive, searching for them for half the game is very time consuming and could debatably be considered the same as a killer stalling the game by gen regression as it’s a way to stop the game from progressing as well.

Historically I notice a pattern of everytime a perk getting nerfed it becomes unusable, I’m hoping this doesn’t happen with Ultimate Weapon because it is such a Quality-of-Life improving perk specially when playing a killer that doesn’t have information built into their kit.

Also the last gen regression perk killers have gotten was when I first started playing the game around Onryo’s release - “Call of Brine”. And with almost every new update survivors have received a gen progression/speed perk. I really appreciate this information perk “Ultimate Weapon” when I first saw it I knew I had to fit it into my perk load out even tho it doesn’t synergies with the rest of the 3 perks because survivors playing stealth and me having to look over the entire map for them has to be my least favorite part of each game.

I hope the team keeps up the good work and continue to provide killers with such nice perks that improve our gameplay quality, thank you!¡!

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options

UW being useful at every part of the match is nice. You could arguably use it instead of lethal for the very beginning of the match, as well as using it instead of BBQ for mid match or even finding that last survivor after slamming a hatch shut.

For some killers, it's still probably better to bring multiple tracking perks for more precise info, but if you only wanna dedicate 1 slot for a tracking perk... UW is a nice choice.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 793
    Options

I think UW getting nerfed is kind of inevitable. Though I don't even use it that much I hope it doesn't get overly gutted. Removing the blindness would be fine since it's not a super noticeable effect on the killer's end but can be really egregious for survivors running aura builds, which tends to be solos.

That way it'd still fill the role of a reliable info perk without doing more than it has to.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options

In that case, can I get OG tinkerer... to stare at and TOTALLY not use. Definitely not thinking of machine gun build Huntress.

• concubined
    Options

Hey bud, never in my many paragraphs have I said the devs can’t touch something I paid for, I even mentioned I just hope they don’t completely ruin the perk after the change implying that I know a change is coming. Please read thoroughly and carefully before commenting, Thanks son.

• concubined
    Options

I don’t understand why people are bringing up other unrelated perks to a thread made for a specific perk. Let’s stay on subject, I’ll be more than happy to discuss the perks of your choosing on a thread you create. Good day!

• concubined
    Options

Hi John, yes certain perks can encourage certain play styles, but they are ultimately play styles, a style of gameplay players choose to play. Perks like that have always existed but apparently now we’re at a point where we see a usable perk for either side and jump at the chance to cry online about it. Either way, UW in its description does not even promote camping at all. Maybe read and come back once you’re done? Have a blessed night

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

Probably you havent play against Wesker with UW in Lery.

Survivors play with 2 hooks.

• concubined
    Options

there are countless scenarios where immersion from survivors is in some degree holding the game hostage. 2 healthy players left at 3/4 gens and they each choose to hide (edge map, locker hopping, item teching to avoid crows you name it). Since we’re moving forward in such a positive way with only allowing 8 damage events to generators to avoid game stalling, let’s ride the same wave to give killers one little perk to counter stealth and immersion. You have yourself a blessed day

• concubined
    Options

Hi, I’m unfamiliar with the point you’re trying to bring up. Please elaborate, thank you!

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,943
    Options

My point, regardless, still stands, BHVR can change content whenever and however they want since DBD, being a live service game, has all aspects subject to change, regardless if you agree with it or not.

Also my first point was tackling the very first statement you started with, you are not inherently entitled to something because you spent money on it, I too bought the Alien chapter for Ultimate Weapon, you might not like the idea of Ultimate Weapon being nerfed or even gutted but the entire idea of a live service game to add content and make changes accordingly, thus resulting in the potential for Ultimate Weapon being nerfed.

I read the rest of the post, Im not illiterate, I focused in on a point I disagreed with, and talked about it, it's an open forum so Im allowed to do that like any other post. If I wanted to tackle each and every problematic aspect of this perk, I could, but it would be a giant wall of text that 95% wont even bother to read, which is why I dont bother most of the time.

• concubined
    Options

thank you so much for reading the entirety of my paragraphs, I would’ve assumed half way down you would’ve applied context clues and understood I meant I haven’t played the game for half a year and such a perk caught my eye so i immediately brought it to improve the quality of my gameplay experience and just don’t wish to see it nerfed to the ground. You have yourself a blessed day!

• concubined
    Options

Hello! Thank you for your suggestion, it will not be taken into consideration unfortunately and I will have to remind you to please stay on the subject of “Ultimate Weapon”, a perk belonging to Xenomorph introduced to the hit game Dead by Daylight through the Alien Chapter DLC. If you have concerns about other perks I would be more than happy to discuss it in a thread you create yourself, have an amazing rest of your day/night!!

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    Options

Z tier lmao you made me laugh, thanks xD (true, its bad perk).

• concubined
    Options

me trying to find the last two survivors hiding in a big map at 4 gens but apparently it’s my fault and I need to check behind every edge map rock and tree, every locker in every tile, every corner in every building and behind boxes and furniture that can easily take 15+ minutes. Wow! Yes!

• HINGIRIK
    HINGIRIK Member Posts: 103
    Options

I am also someone who uses UW, but anything that is strong gets nerfed and apparently the developers see UW as strong. So much so that even if the survivor is using Calm Spirit, you see their location. I think they can increase the cooldown, change the duration of blindness, or remove it completely, and it will not show the survivor using Calm Spirit. I hope the final version of this perk will not be like what happened to the legendary perks of the years such as Dead hard, Ruin, Pop etc.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 287
    Options

I personally think that the hiding part in bdb is currently unhealthy. Yes, hiding is part of the game and should be part of it but the issue is perks such as Distortion and Calm Spirit force killers to use regression/slowdown perks because they are more reliable. When I play a fun auraperk build and have to deal with two or three Distortion users, it feels so unfun and boring even though I win. Then I think "ok running pain, pop, ge, and corrupt is more reliable and is not unfun because it will work". On the otherside, stealthy survivors are hurting their own teammates in SoloQ because they don't take chases or/and go down very quickly because they don't know how to loop.

Ultimate Weapon needs a nerf because a perk that gives you value for nothing should not exist (open a locker to have a LP, BBQ, and NWTH in one screamperk + blindness which is can be handy in a meta where WoO is so common). I really hope the developers won't nerf it to the ground because it would be enough to make it like a BBQ-screaming-perk - after hooking a survivor, you can open a locker to activate it. This would be completly fine because you have something to do to get it active.

Overall, Ultimate Weapon needs a fair nerf and the real issue of hiding should be addressed because keeping UW the way it is, is not the solution of the hidingissue (one perk should never be the solution of a gameplayissue in the metagame).

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,721
    Options

Coming from a killer main, at the very least, it needs a 45 second cooldown. 30s is just too short.

• concubined
    Options

nicely written,

but I don’t understand what’s with people’s sudden insistence on thinking killer perks can only have their rewards granted after completing certain tasks or requirements.

Looking side by side with a survivor perk like sprint burst, UW works in a similar fashion of regranting reward that then lead to a cooldown, sprint burst actually don’t even require doing something time consuming like opening a locker but you get the point.

• CompleatBeet
    CompleatBeet Member Posts: 117
    Options

The fact that Calm Spirit users have emerged a lot recently is proof that nobody likes this perk.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 386
    edited February 4
    Options

It's extremely overpowered and has the same problem as WoO, it removes a core part of playing the game. Opening a locker literally finds the Survivors for you, you don't have to go look around to find people. It's not fair, there's literally 0 way for the Survivors to play against or counter it, it needs to be the Blindness effect only, and increase it to 45 seconds.

Perks that give insane info for nothing are highly problematic.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 386
    Options

Okay, then make it work when there's only 2 Survivors left and keep the Blindness, that way it's still useful before then. But the way it is now is completely unfair, and not to mention extremely unfun.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,133
    Options

Insane info...?

It's a scream. That's the weakest form of information on where a survivor is, tied with a loud noise notification for that spot. Killer Instinct is stronger because it tells you which direction a survivor is moving in, and auras are much stronger because they're far more precise.

I don't fully agree with saying Ultimate Weapon is totally fine, but people really do overblow what it actually does. It's not insane information, and most information perks - including the ones that do give very precise and strong information - aren't directly counterable without a counter-pick perk on the survivor side.

In fact, it's the Blindness that needs to go. It isn't thematic, it isn't mechanically useful, and it's just an obnoxious annoyance to the survivors that disproportionately harms solo queue, albeit indirectly. They could also shift the numbers so the active timer is shorter and the cooldown is longer, that'd be a fair nerf.

• Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 98
    Options

Killer Instinct existed before Ultimate Weapon, use that if you can't find any survivors. Alternatively get better at the game and you'll find you won't even need the perk to begin with.

• concubined
    Options

Hello, killer instinct provided by what perks exactly that’s remotely worth running? Also, please refrain from attacking me on my player skill as I’ve mentioned I find the perk UW most useful when I have 2 survivors dead by 4/3 gens and the last 2 are hiding or I’m slugging the third and looking for the last one for the 4k which happens almost every game for me. If you have real technical insights on the matter of which I started this forum for please do share but stay respectful. Good day.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

It's not really sudden, but it's a by product of the gen kick meta that still haunts people.

Things like blast mine, endurance, or even exhaustion perks have built in requirements that keep them in check. Exhaustion, by it's very design, means you can take only benefit from one use of one exhaustion perk in a given chase. Same thing with endurance perks. Things like blast mine or repressed alliance require you to put in the effort ahead of time to even activate the perk.

One of the big problems in the gen kick meta especially was that the oppressive gen control perks had none of that (Eruption, call of brine, overcharge, nowhere to hide specifically). They all stacked, there were no restrictions, tokens, or maximum uses. They worked every time, even if the killer did nothing but kick gens all game and never injured a survivor once.

And a cooldown does nothing if it's only as long as the perk is active. Cooldowns can work, but they have to actually prevent the perk from being used constantly. Which usually means they're longer cooldowns, like oppression, or the cooldown timer pauses like with exhaustion while running.

But really, the kicker is that we heard for two years that circle of healing was 'free and infinite' and that was 'a gigantic problem'. And if 'opening a locker' is the bar for 'time consuming' (3s) then finding a totem, blessing (14-28s), and healing (21s) was insanely time consuming. There's clearly a pretty big double standard here.

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 132
    Options

Its duration needs to be cut in half and a longer cooldown added at the very least.

I personally think though it shouldn't even be active for 30 seconds and instead just immediately cause survivors in the terror radius to scream upon opening the locker with maybe an additional way to get survivors to scream. Eg, survivors in your terror radius and whichever survivor is located furthest from you screams and gets blinded.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 970
    Options

Nerf it into the ground.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,925
    Options

I could see the duration/cooldown being played with, but I think the 'buffer' time between opening a locker and then moving away is useful.

It could afford to be 15 seconds uptime with a 45 second cooldown for one use per minute though.

• Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 98
    Options

No one is attacking you personally for your player skill so kindly drop the snowflake attitude. What was being highlighted is that in general most experienced players often don't need it, and even then less experienced ones got by before UW was added. Several other perks exist with scream mechanics such as Face The Darkness and Pain Resonance, but Ultimate Weapon is a crutch and I ain't gonna cry if it gets gutted with nerfs.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

Who is saying a perk needs to promote camping in it's wording? Killers will use it to the best of their ADVANTAGE.

Do you realize that most killers now Camp/Tunnel because it has never been easier for them to do so than it is now? UW contributes to the problem plaguing this game (Camping/Tunneling) and it's part of the reason killers bring it more often than not.

We're not even talking about a perk that rewards the killer here. They are literally opening a locker and that's their only action for what they get in return.

• Jdarkheart1
    Jdarkheart1 Member Posts: 1
    Options

i genuinely dont agree with what you said here due to the fact that you have a thread named please dont nerf ultimate weapon and yes i did read the thread thoroughly i also wanna add to the person who you replied with this too uw in my personal opinion is a pretty brain dead perk because all your doing is opening an empty locker and protrolling gens when you should be patrolling gens anyways as a killer not to mention every other min you can activiate uw i usually read the forms offline and the fact that i read this and felt agitatedly compelled to log in and reply becuase uw is such a frustrating perk because i cannot even begin to describe how many times i got cucked by uw because the killer in my match decided to turn they're brain off which is essentually what ultimate weapon does it allows you to turn your brain off

• icecoldjoe1
    icecoldjoe1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

As someone who enjoys playing killer instead of survivor ultimate weapon was very useful for me cuz I lose people a lot but as I'm playing now I have noticed that ultimate weapon has become nerfed an I don't like it an I'm not saying the perk helped me find the survivors just pointed me in that direction I'm just saying bring back the scream but keep the min cool down pls an thx u 😁