Billy has high pick-rate after long time

Options

Good times honestly.

Also i love how community loves fun killers, not garbage killers like Dull Merchant, Trickter, Twins etc.

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Honestly, i loved Singularity as well. He is well designed and unique killer.

Even i love Xeno, i admit he is just better Nemesis. He has nothing unique, maybe except tunnels.

Knight and SM are so dull tho.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Idk I've been playing twins lately and people seem to like it even if they lose because they never get to play against that killer, I've been trying to pick the least picked killers to keep things entertaining.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Meanwhile, my favorite killer:

If Nightlight is to be trusted, this is the third lowest pick rate in the game.

And I certainly don't blame people for not wanting to play him. Not while his reworked power exists in the game.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,218
    Options

I'll play SM from time to time because I find her stealth incredibly fun, but only for the stealth and not for delay gameplay.

That said, I have never had as much fun goofing off as Billy in matches as anyone else now. Overdrive was such a good idea, and I do hope the miss cooldown addons get addressed and Overdrive left be. I used to get annoyed with hitting the environment before with the overheat being a looming threat constantly, but Overdrive lets me actually try to get around the map and encourages me to do so, regardless if I get long snipes or not. Plus, without the miss cooldown addons, I feel like I need to throw out M1's if I can't do pro-strat Billy curves and don't need to rely on Chainsaws in loops, more to get around or threaten that instant down at pallets. Meanwhile when I play survivor, it's incredibly fun to try and juke those curves and mindgame things that aren't even loops if they're trying to go for chainsaws, like two boxes nearby each other.

These are the kinds of reworks I like to see, honestly.

• The_Krapper
    Options

That'll be the next one I start playing then bump that up a little

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

It's so sad really. Freddy is one of the most iconic slashers. BHVR made him so bad.

Let's hope BHVR is cooking something good for him. For all old Freddy mains.

• GeneralV
    Options

Well then, welcome to the club of Forum members who still play Freddy!

There is five of us, six if you join :)

Freddy is in a bad spot right now, it is the weakest he has ever been. Not to mention dull and uninteresting. Any love sent his way is appreciated.

• Gastongard
    Gastongard Member Posts: 87
    Options

Can anyone please tell me how to counter billy now? it seems impossible to loop him, his power has 0 cooldown, or at least thats what it seems, I cant do sh*t even throwing pallets, or juking him, because in the next second he has his chainsaw again. Why BHVR never seems to hit the correct spot? It always has to be waaay too Overtuned, or absolute dogsh*t, never the correct one so everyone is happy.

• Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 526
    Options

instead of playing super risky and 50/50 like you did vs trash billy you just play safe and you need to capitalize off of any bumps he does because its a long cd compared to missed chainsaw

• Config
    Config Member Posts: 305
    Options

He’s absolutely fine, it will take time for u learn how to play against a killer u never played before, since he was the 4th least picked killer, but the basics are, use windows, and do not greed pallets.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 809
    edited February 3
    Options

I'd never associate Huntress with fun. Ever.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,620
    Options

I’ve had so much fun playing against him.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675
    Options

I feel for you, such a boring killer to play as and against, pathetically weak and close to if not the worst killer in the game and absolutely weak and boring addons. This killer desperately needs love.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,101
    Options

He did get a recent buff thats going to draw more to play him. That is natural. But I wonder how long survivors are going to consider him "fun". We are already seeing the nerf Billy threads pop up.

• GeneralV
    Options

It is indeed a terrible situation.

But I have hope, for the first time in over 4 years. I have hope he will change for the better.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,116
    Options

I really hope he stays popular & strong. He's one of the most fun killers to get in chase with/fun to play as & he puts a ton of pressure on the survivor in chase. Besides adjusting his missed hit cooldown w/ the addons, I think he's in a great place.

I can never look at Billy like Wesker or Chucky when it comes to being overplayed. He's been so unpopular for so long, I'll take him 10 times in a row and not mind one bit.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,292
    Options

I was gonna say "give them 2 weeks until we have people saying billy is unfun" but there already some discussions about it so they beat me to it.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,744
    Options

that is insulting post for killers that play those killers. while I do not specifically main those killer exclusively, those killer do not deserve the hate they get.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,515
    Options

Still not a fan of billy, even more so now that i'm facing him more than once in a blue moon.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    edited February 4
    Options

I don't insult anyone who is playing those killers. I just don't like them, their design are so bad to me. I won't insult to anyone who is playing SM but this won't make me stop to call this killer boring and dull. But ofcourse it's me, someone else can have different opinion and this is totally fine.

• The_Krapper
    Options

This type of talk is why Billy got nerfed before I'll give a few tips to help, and I'm not saying you do any of this , never camp a pallet till the last second 9/10 times you'll get hit , loops like car loops and truck loops ( or other similar loops) are your friend against Billy majority of the time you can leave the pallet up not throwing it and continuously loop forcing him to go for a trickshot around or give up sawing for a m1, holding w is NOT a good strat on Billy on open maps because his power can erase the distance while also one shotting so if you're holding w keep in mind where your LOS blockers are and use them often, the goal with Billy is to keep his saw in check and force him to abandon it to be a dry m1 m1lly also another one is Billy at the beginning of his dash once it starts it takes him a second with some distance before he can have full control rather than barreling forward so if he's a Billy that likes to pop around corners already taking off you can use that to your advantage and force him to overshoot or take off when you didn't do what they were anticipating

• The_Krapper
    Options

He's really not that bad I played him all last night, I will say some survivors were happy to see him but I had a few people send me hate mail saying freddy was a free win/OP lol made me chuckle

• The_Krapper
    Options
  • DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

Then nerfing Billy would only mean players go back to the stronger Blight. So this Billy buff was good for both sides.

He is fun to play against I like facing lot's of Billys I missed him. Not a fan of playing as Billy though never was.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,251
    Options

Then why doesn't Nurse have the highest pick rate? She is easier than Billy and a lot stronger too.

People typically gravitate towards whatever is new (at least when it comes to killers) and Billy is new. They changed almost everything about him. Give it a few more weeks and his pick rate will drop again. Although I doubt he'll return to 1.7%.

The reason people stopped playing him was because he was literally punished for the crime of using his power. Basically, you got the feedback: "Oh, so you play this killer for his power? Well, have fun being unable to use it for the next 20 seconds." Combined with all the map reworks and his nerfed addons, that made him pretty unrewarding for anyone who did not invest hundreds ot thousands of hours to learn to play him on a high level.

It depends on the loop. Around pallet loops, he'll typically try to get a curve on you. That is very predictable. So you can try to mind game him and get around a corner, or you predict whether or not he is going to curve tight or wide. If you get it right, then he will miss you. This will buy you a bit of time to get to a better loop.

Around tiles with high walls (i.e. jungle gyms) this works even better. You can also chain loops very well because he is quite slow while revving. When he is in overdrive, it becomes even more difficult for him to curve tightly. Keep that in mind. Besides that, he still has trouble dealing with windows. However, when it's very close it's now a better option to fake the window because of the extra speed. He'll likely try to hit you during the vault but if you can fake it and dodge to the side quickly, it's very unlikely he'll hit you.

Pallets are also still a way to delay him. On middle distance watch out for overdrive. As long as he's not in overdrive, you can react to the chainsaw quite well. When he is in overdrive, you'll need to either fake going around a corner and then dodge in the other direction or dodge right when the chainsaw starts. He's too fast to adjust.

If you are worried about getting sniped, try to put objects between you and him. Place yourself towards the edge of the map when working on a gen and look out for possible routes he could use to traverse the map. If you can roughly keep track of his position, then you're mostly fine.

There are some loops that you absolutely don't want to loop against him when he is in overdrive. I'll leave you to figure that out yourself (I want to enjoy this as long as I can) but around these loops it's best to run wide when he tries to curve you and quickly chain into another loop when he misses.

Try to maintain a little bit of distance so he can't back revv. If he gets too close anyway, your best bet is to dodge right as he is about to start the chainsaw (2.5 seconds).

This should cover most of it. I'm sure you'll figure some things out yourself. It can also help to play the killer yourself to get a better understanding of his strengths and weaknesses.

Hillbilly is a very oppressive killer now but definitely not uncounterable. It's just that you can't treat him like before. He is a different beast now.

Good luck and see you in the fog.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 158
    Options

I mean the community loved old billy and old billy had carburetor tuning guide and old thompson mix.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,917
    edited February 4
    Options

I never liked facing Billy, and i hate he can easily spam chainsaw now

Post edited by Yatol on