Does solo queue seem more miserable than ever now?

Options

I play about 50/50 survivor/killer and killer seems much easier after the last update and solo queue seems much more miserable, definitely the worst it's been since the status indicators were introduced to the game (it was certainly worse before that when you had no idea what teammates were doing). Seems like just about every one of my survivors matches is against Billy or another top-tier killer bringing the newest meta build and maybe 1-2 gens get done before one or more teammates give up.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,885
    Options

I think that DS change need to come out sooner rather than later

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 132
    Options

My first day playing since Monday and of course the new update. Yeah, solo queue seems absolutely awful. Almost feels like they switched off any match making at all. The survivors I'm playing with don't seem to be doing anything to help at all. It's an absolute slog playing it today.

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 134
    Options

The current state has little to do with balance, it is because of being too perminicious with bad behaviors such as DC, suicide on the hook or deliberately sabotaging games. The introduction of bots was nothing more than a way to get away from the underlying problem.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 132
    Options

Also are other survivors thinking that Billy is the second coming of Skull Merchant or something? He must have the highest kill rate in history at the moment because every game someone is killing themselves on first hook at 5 gens making it an unwinnable game. Maybe if they stayed and learnt how to play against the updated version of him instead of ruining it for everyone else?

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 563
    Options

And it will be even worse during the lights out event.

Mark my words.

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 312
    Options

Yes, I have noticed it too and made a post about it a few days ago. If I can't adjust to it and have fun playing it - I'll take a break and play something else.

• satx3241
    satx3241 Member Posts: 91
    Options

Survivor has become increasingly more miserable for me. I don't put the time into this game that so many others do.

That means when the game experiences a change to make things more balanced it's going to be a net negative for me because they aren't balancing for the person that plays just a few matches per week. They're balancing for the person that plays this game a lot. They're the people that are more likely to purchase add ons, outfits, etc.

I understand that's who bhvr is trying to appease with changes. So I live with the changes and make the best of it because I know someone like me isn't where they're making their money.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,662
    Options

My solo matches haven’t been bad since this update but obviously everyone has a different experience. Some days it can be rough and then some days it can be alright.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,099
    Options

I've played a roughly equal amount of games for both roles this month. Whew. SOLO SURVIVOR IS A BLAST

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 749
    Options

I’m stuck at iri IV on survivor. Its such a dredge getting to iri I without swfing

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,099
    Options

I think I've made it to Iri 1 solo once. But I had to play an unholy amount

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 289
    Options

Soloq is always miserable, i dont think is worse now lol. I feel like there are only 2 roles: SWF and Killer. SoloQ is...there, like bot matches, is a feature that doesn't represent a real match 🤣

Personally i mainly play killer and my rule for survivor is: If in 3 matches i didn't have any fun, i just call it a day and play another day.

I have yet to play a 4th match 🤣

+ Alan's perks dont help a bit, the 3 of them are so UNINTERESTING.

• Shuma
    Shuma Member Posts: 55
    Options

I swear the developers are trying to run all the solo-queue players off for a year now.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    edited February 4
    Options

Yep! It's gotten so bad I've stopped playing. I've been on palworld having fun. I might end up doing the rift since I got it, but it's like I have to force myself, which is not good at all.

Solo queue needs a lot of fixing, all these nerfs and changes added up making it insufferable. It used to be fun, now it just seems...well as someone else said, garbage lol.

• Harbinger1985
    Harbinger1985 Member Posts: 70
    Options

I have to play solo since I have no friends who paly DBD + I got on Epic. Anyway, playing Survivor often feels a suffering. Most players total newcomers or forgot how to play this game. I'm dying on the hook, we just save each other from the hook and done zero gens and the whole team on deathrow, teammate we clearly see a gen, then runs to another end of the map, I injured teammate got a med pack he runs another end of the the map for some random gen. But if I play as a Killer I usually get a bully team or so pro flashlight, sabotage saves I never experienced before, yesterday a team get insta revive no matter who or how many time I down, they just won't stay down!

So switching between Survivor and Killer make no difference if you want to get a normal or fun match. At least for me. Can't be bad luck after 3-4 hours gameplay in the row and almost the same experience in every match.

• Shuma
    Shuma Member Posts: 55
    Options

The ridiculous insta-down Billy buff did not help things.