We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Solo Queue feels decent now.

Grain of salt but I'm noticing much higher quality of games lately.

Played eight solo-queue games today. Escaped six, died in two, of those two one was a three out and the other was the only 4k of the entire day.

Some things I noticed:

-Very rare to get totem cleansers, spam healers, and locker fanatics. Gen efficiency has gone way up, and games don't feel lost by the first hook or death.

-Perk loadouts of teammates are actually decent. No more boons or chest builds.

-Playing altruistically is rewarded with selfless teammates making smart trades a lot more.

-Killers feel fairly consistent in skill-level instead of being way above or way below skill-wise. Knowing what to expect when I load in has made it a lot easier to be consistent.

I'd personally say the MMR change was a success. Curious as to how others feel.

Comments

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 555

Solo survivors have become much more comfortable with the implementation of the HUD function. Up until then, I would only play Survivor if I was invited to SWF, but I started thinking about raising the Survivor rank and advancing the archive through solo play, and depending on the month, I would play more than half of the games solo and reach Rank 1. I've even raised it.

Of course, there are matches where you are abandoned because you didn't bring Kindred, and there are matches where you get hard tunneled because you don't have OTR, so the range of park builds is very narrow compared to VCPT.

• Shuma
    Shuma Member Posts: 55

Yes, solo-queue is actually bad and unfun. Probably the major reason for the drop in players. New players are ran off because they can’t play the game and old players are run off because of how unfun solo-queue is. The o my players they are retaining are Killers and SWFs.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,501

My experience too. I tracked my games for almost a year, and some weeks I'd have a like 35% escape rate and other weeks I'd have 10%. When people criticise SBMM, those sorts of discrepancies are what they're referring to. It often feels like your games are either all or nothing.

• Coz
    Coz Member Posts: 67

I mostly play solo. I like to think that most folk give it their best, I know I do but at times just have a bad game or rotten luck.

its a weird game where sweaty killers are frowned upon for efficiently doing what the game is all about.

I tend to take the rough with the smooth and not get hung up on it ( see what I done there!)

not sure where the data goes but I do leave thumbs up for good team mates and good killers too and I’ll slide the dots all the way up for ‘ did you have fun’!

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Play 24hrs DBD marathon twice a week with minimal (every 3hrs) short (10-15min) breaks stretched out during the 24hrs sessions, for 3mths, and record your stats.

SoloQ hasn’t changed.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,656

That sounds extremely unhealthy to do for any video game. Why the hell would you do that? No one should do this.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 663

Can we take a moment to celebrate op's insane 75% survival rate in soloq?

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,022

I'm glad you're having a good time with solo queue, but I don't have it in me...

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 460

Well firstly I said solo-queue "feels decent now" not that it's fine. Which means in comparison to what I'm used to I am on average getting much higher quality games.

I don't need anyone to believe me because I'm not proving anything. Simply stating my observations based on what I've personally experienced.

No definitive statements were made.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,323

as a killer mmr has been pretty good but my builds still could get ez 4ks with baby killers

aura reading 4 da win

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

Disagree..Its a diceroll every time. At night, its even worse. Over 2000 hours alone in solo que, can easily say it has not gotten better. Matches were better before MMR came about IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I have days too when the matches all feel better & I have quality teammates. But thats the anomaly, not the other way around.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960

I have to agree, i had a sudden spike of bad games recently but since the new rift season the quality of my games went back up.

• saintjimmy456
    saintjimmy456 Member Posts: 185

Solo Q players are absolutely awful at the moment for me.

I've always said it is pot luck. Just because you have 6 escapes doesn't mean that Solo Q is fixed.

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 270

Same experience here, but that also had the consequence of my killer variety disappearing. Most games are nurses, and legions, and legions are a guaranteed escape (in my experience).

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

what servers do you play on? Here in europe, i got russian players almost every game, and they dont like to play in a team. Instead, today every killer was just tunneling at 5 gens. Doesnt feel decent in any way.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Very true; Sounds extremely unhealthy to some; also, quite normal to some.

Eye of the beholder kinda thing, I suppose.

If we all had the ultimate proper statistics on anything before creating discussion topics, we’d most likely be having different conversations all across the board. But I’m happy we both got to have this one here😌

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,315

It's the same cosmic diceroll as ever to me at least. Still a lot of matches that go down in a way where the only actually meaningful events are 1) who gets found first and 2) when they subsequently get tunneled, do they last long enough for the match to still be undecided without the killer falling asleep to fumble the W on purpose 😄

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

You just won the SBMM lottery for today. Come tomorrow your teammates will be potatoes and you'll be strongly considering installing Civilization like McCote famously suggested.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,244

I want to know two things:

What drugs are you on?

Where are you getting them from?

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 303

This is how I feel. Game is very unplayable for survivor and killer mains and even devs thinks everything is ok.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

In anniversary event, that day I played 8 matches, that 6 of them played fair, and survivors had a fair escape chance.

I mistake that playing survivors were alot better. But its not, mostly because killers didnt play like their life ended if its not 4K.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 1,024
    edited February 6

I play soloq as well and its either:

The killer kills everyone before 3 gens pop on a good map (for them).

The killer gets a 2k even on a bad map (for them).

All survivors escape and the killer gets 5 or less hooks. (Very rarely)

Maybe cuz my MMR is rock bottom...

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

10 games is clearly not enough to judge. Come back if you still have the feeling during your next 1000 rounds.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,705

My solo games have been decent too, I still have some rough games but I’m overall pleased.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I personally also have not the biggest issues, but a lot of people do have. The point is that a very small seed of games is clearly not enough to evaluate.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

Yup, this is problem that's stood out the most to me. The games balanced too much for that 60% kill rate they try to shoot for. Unlike in most any other game with MMR, where every game you have about a 50/50 chance of winning. This game swings hard, most games you have about a 80/20 or a 20/80 chance of winning or losing, making the matchmaking seem extremely fickle and confusing. In my experience if I escape 3-4 games in a row / 4k 3-4 games in a row, I'll get humbled hard the next couple matches with either super skilled killers or survivors in matches that feel outright unwinnable.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,293

To piggyback off of this, I experience this as well, and I think it's where a lot of the omega sweat killers and survivors come from. You catch them the game after they just experienced a matchmaking loss, and they're trying to compensate by going all out. It kicks off a vicious cycle.

They'd be better served by appropriate, organic matchmaking and letting the outcomes tell them where the game's balance is. Then adjust the *game balance* from there if needed, not the matchmaking.