If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

For those playing killer, who are you picking for Lights out?

Options

I want to maximise fun over “winning,” so my personal choices are Bubba, Myers, and Twins(not slug twins) .

what are yours?

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Knight, since my main is literally unplayable.

Tarhos here will be filling in for Freddy, I suppose.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,212
    Options

Hag has been crazy for me

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,097
    Options

I'll start with the Nurse because she is my main on the Killer side.

Also, in my opinion, stealth is a great tactic against Nurse. Survivors will have better chance that if I play, say, a stealth killer. (I think.)

But vulpixia has made what I believe is a valid a remark about Lights out. The TL/DR is that Legion is probably the best killer in this context.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Dredge has been pretty fun!

no 4Ks yet (if at all😄) every match has been even

Interesting, vs’ing Survivors w/o Windows

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,298
    Options

Freddy is not playable in this mode?

do we know why? Technical issue/bug or licensing issue??

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Gosh, no disrespect, but play every other m1 killer without power. He is not so unic gameplay wise to be that upset.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,902
    Options

Go Ghost Face or Myers.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,010
    Options

I'm thinking the best killers are going to be ones like:

• Doctor for finding survivors easily
    • Myers for the instakill factor
    • Onryo for the teleporting around
    • Bubba for the insta down
    • Nemesis for the zombies actually being decent
    • Plague for forcing survivors injured or getting your power

Honestly there are a ton of potential picks here its pretty interesting. Most of the low tier killers actually become good, while the high tier ones (nurse/blight/spirit) have a much harder time.

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 118
    Options

Slinger is kinda insane on this gamemode.

• Reinami
    Options

Just tried out trapper and it was pretty fun. I got lerys but it was actually good still and i landed a few traps. Including a game winning one where 2 people stepped on 2 nearby traps at about the same time.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

I’ll be playing Onyro. :)

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,325
    Options

Trapper is pretty fun here. You can set up some traps in peace and watch survivors fall for them later haha.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

So far I've played Clown, Trapper, and Skull Merchant; in order, my main, a killer I thought would benefit from the gloom, and a killer that has some in-built tracking to overcome the gloom.

Trapper worked out pretty well, which is an unexpected little boon. It's nice to feel like your traps might actually catch survivors...

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    Options

I've only played Trapper and Myers so far.

Myers because is like playing Scratched Mirror with tier 2 and tier 3 of his power but without auras.

Trapper because the traps are harder to see in the darkness and because survivors can't see you placing the traps from afar.

I want to try Nemesis because maybe zombie auras can still be seen and zombies help you to track survivors and because the zombies are more dangerous in this mode.

I was thinking in trying Oni because he should very strong in this mode, but one of the maps is Lery's which is very bad for him, so idk.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    Options

Onryo, Pyramid Head and Naughty Bear. First two will probably feel damn scary to be chased in the dark by, and I want Naughty Bear to feel scarier in this gamemode.

• Refract
    Refract Member Posts: 6
    Options

I've been using it as an opportunity to try out killers I don't know well since it's pretty low-stress. Skull Merchant has been fun so far, and looking forward to trying to get jumpscare shots with Deathslinger.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 821
    Options

The power of stealth is MAXIMIZED when I'm playing as myers. I'm stalking from a distance, and they can't see me. I mean, I can't either but I know I see them if I'm stalking from a distance. It spooks them even more once they hear my tier up.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

I’m currently queueing in as Hag! should be interesting…

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,749
    edited February 7
    Options

I've been playing Mikey. But for the most part I've been playing him like vanity mirror without the wall hacks. Its hard to stalk in the darkness. But I am adapting. First match I think I popped one tier 3. Now I am popping most of them.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Chucky, this little man is so fun in this mode.

• Reinami
    Options

His zapping works, so does legion. I think instead of just "removing" the terror radius, they just muted it is it makes no sound, and disabled the heartbeat.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Slinger and shooting into the dark. It's hilarious and I love it.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 444
    Options

I can't believe how much fun I'm having with Trickster. Didn't expect that one.

• Dinoraptus
    Dinoraptus Member Posts: 247
    Options

I have mostly gotten Pig, Legion, or Ghostface.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,298
    Options

If you didn’t mean to be disrespectful you could have just not commented?

let people have their favorites/mains. Doesn’t need to be gameplay related for them, especially with a licensed killer.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,292
    Options

Could imagine Trapper being fun given its dark. I main Knight and Oni, both I think will be tricky, especially Knight with no gens as patrol targets. Think Artist will have a tricky time likewise. Just played against a Wesker who didn't use his power at all, just M1'd.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options
  • ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

I had some fun moments with Sadako, no lullaby baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984
    Options

Hillbilly sounds HORRIBLE for this. The idea of having a split second to see a wall while chainsawing sounds rough.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

Played four games so far, Pyramid Head, Deathslinger, Hag, then Chucky.

• LordGlint
    Options

Skull Merchant does decent for this. Scatter the drones around and survivors give away their positions.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I'm enjoying Dredge the most. Chucky is pretty fun. I really, really wish Xeno could shine in this mode, but the turrets just nerf her hard.

• LordGlint
    Options

Playing Chucky feels rough on Lerys due to his slow speed+ constant window vaults. Since you have a heavily limited map pool and it includes Lery's, I'd rather avoid that.

How does the map look during Dredge's nightfall? I'd imagine the survivors just don't see ANYTHING.

• Heliosse
    Heliosse Member Posts: 74
    Options

Xenomorph, the game is so atmospheric when you face one in this mode, the sound design without the TR and HB is even better. I saw one and it was actually one of the best game in a long time.

Now playing Xenomorph is always cool, i don't see any differences between the two modes, it's mainly for survivors. It's a game mode totally unbalanced, but it's really cool to hear the screech in the distance. My only complain is the chase music, in the normal game mode, it's cool but in this mode, it kinda get you out of the vibe since it's so Aliens-ish and not Alien, the PTB one would have been better for this specific mode.

Pyramid head is also very atmospheric with you hearing the great knife closer and closer. The trails passive sounds are also cool.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,896
    Options

So far

Started with Myers and it went well - 4K

Switch to Bubba and it went kina mediocre - 2K

Switch to doc and it was a laugh with all the screaming giving people away -4K

Then trapper and he's great, just catching players in traps everywhere. - 4K

Last game was clown overall a good game - 3K

Gonna rest on my laurels

Played a few survivor games lot of ghost face very common killer in the dark. Only one escape so far from 4 games. 2x Ghosty, 1x Bubba and 1 Chucky.

Its all been great though especially as survivor.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
  • CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,615
    Options

I used Myers twice. I got a 4K the first time, then a hacker ruined my match the second trial so I didn't bother trying to win.

I just left him slugged after I caught up to him, but his crawl speed was probably triple the normal speed and he got out the exit gate.

He had instant Breakout of course, so he was impossible to pick up. It left a sour feeling and I haven't played Killer in the dark since.

When I get over it, I'm going to play as Chucky. I haven't even seen him as Survivor yet.

Alien is definitely the most terrifying so far although I haven't faced a Pig yet (knock on wood).

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,305
    Options

Had a lot of success with Xeno, Pinhead and Bubba.

Pinhead’s camera during casting is bugged once again, tho.

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 188
    Options

The pig, she has always had nice jump scares.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,067
    Options

Nemo is quite comical in this mode; no TR and heartbeat - but his stomps are so loud and he's so tall that survs usually notice well in time.

I don't feel particularly compelled to continue playing that game mode... but maybe I give Doctor a shot.