If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Thoughts on Lights out

Options
Darkest_Night
Darkest_Night Member Posts: 143
edited February 7 in Feedback and Suggestions

Personally, this was a MAJOR flop. The mode heavily cripples one side of the matchmaking and still provides advantages to the others. Wasn't it supposed to be 0 items? So.....why are survivors still able toop n cheats for items? And why do all the generators have progress on them when you load in? This mode is not fun at all on the killer side. Meanwhile on the survivor side, it's a sail and a half. This is extremely disappointing and I was at first excited to play the new mode but, this really ...really is just lackluster and seems.....rushed.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 140
    Options

def a flop mode and personally the novelty wore off fairly quickly but to be fair:

yes there are chests but that's a time waste in itself and you're not guaranteed anything useful. It's not like all 4 players are coming across chests and doing them and getting medkits

the progress is minimal and it's probably just so you can hear the gens since you can't really see that far. Wouldn't call that 1% or w/e of progress an 'advantage'. Definitely not more of an advantage than the killer still seeing the gen auras so they know where to patrol

def feels rushed as usual tho

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 586
    edited February 7
    Options

It's okay, Pig is pretty good on this mode which is nice but chasing survivors can be pretty rough. Gens seem to go by pretty quickly but then that happens in the base game too, I like the whole ambience of the mode, definitely injects some much needed horror into the maps.

Post edited by FridayNightPizza on
  • Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited February 7
    Options

Haven’t had any issues playing Killer.

A bit more of a challenge to 3-4K, but overall, Light’s Out mode is pretty fun.

Having a blast, personally🥳

EDIT: No 4E’s yet in SoloQ either😄

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 250
    Options

Well, got already a sweatlord with my first match. So much fun.

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 397
    Options

The purpose of the gens starting with the tiniest amount of progress possible is just so that the survivors can at least FIND a generator right away instead of wasting the entire game looking for one(it's literally only like 0.1% progress just so the gen makes noise) and you can easily take this away by kicking each gen one time so they don't make any noise at all.

Also all you have to do is play as Myers in this mode and you've essentially already won the match because he can stalk you through the darkness which prevents you from seeing the auras when they're out of visibility range, but you can see your Evil Within progress bar moving which means that you're staring directly at a survivor which is practically cheating at that point which makes reaching tier 3 without being spotted easy and since the survivors can't hear your terror radius that means they get essentially no time to react to whenever you're in tier 3 which results in fast, easy downs.

In my personal opinion this mode is perfectly fine and I enjoy it a lot.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    Options

Not a fan. I will do the challenges and never touch it again. Matches go on forever. They are tedious and the compensation isn't enough to justify playing it more than you need to. Things like instadown killers also make it frustrating. They just roll up on you with no warning and there isn't much you can do. I personally don't think killers like Billy, Bubba, etc should be available in a mode where you have zero warning that the killer is coming.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 460
    Options

Why can survivors see who is chasing them and how close their heartbeats are by simply turning on the HUD settings? Why is the killer stain visible? On the other hand, while it is convenient to be able to see Gen's aura even when playing as a killer, I also feel that it ruins the atmosphere of the mode. Overall, it's mediocre.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    edited February 7
    Options

I've only played 4-5 matches as killer and it is fun, but have its flaws, but considering it is an "event" it is not that bad. I don't plan to play survivor NEVER in this mode, because it is like playing against a Scratched Mirror Myers everytime and I don't like the jumpscares haha, well, maybe one or two days with friends.

My thougts:

• Some killers are useless, any killer whose power interact with the terror radius in any way is "unplayable" in this mode (Legion and Doctor). Other killers are simply bad because they're weak and not having any perk or addons...
    • Not having scratch marks make you lose the survivors too frequently, the blood splatters and survivor moans are still there, but the survivor are lost too frequently despite that, specially in Yamaoka. I'm not saying the scratch mark should stay as they do in the main game mode, but at least scratch marks which last two seconds would be enought, with two seconds of scratch marks you can chase survivors without losing them so frequently and they still can roam the map without letting the killer track them while not being chased. Also, the people is smart and I've seen a lot of Adas and Aces in my matches (they have the most quiet moans of all survivors).
  • EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    edited February 7
    Options

It's closer to reality, but doubtfully fun gameplaywise. Everyone just wander around aimlessly, killers with oneshot or mobility are OP, chases came down to 2 seconds long.

UPDATE (surv side):

Everyone just stick to gens if they could find them (no anti-3-gen strategy possible), chases are nonexistent because killer appear behind you and kill (you're always injured because you don't know where teammates are).

If it is supposed to be scary, it's not (probably because of almost 2K hours of DbD)

BUT!

If BHVR will add more gameplay modes to test, like this one, I'm up for it with both hands! Bring them on! To hell with PTB.

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 250
    Options

You can do the challenges in normal matches as well. So you can do that (maybe before it gets patched?)

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

What you describe is kinda how a killer feels when he carries a survivor. No progress bar for the killer. A wild guess if you make it to that hook or not.

I think its pretty even for both sides. There are no perks. No lobby dodges because of 4 flashlights/toolkits. No scratchmarks and you can use a survivor with a dark outfit to vanish in the shadows. Just like the good old ninja Claudette with darkest moonlight offering.

To me the game feels more immersive. More like a horror game. Jump scares, because a Oni comes out of the nothing.

I love it!

• alpaca_boyyy
    alpaca_boyyy Member Posts: 187
    Options

I tried about 10 matches as survivor and 5 as killer and can undoubtedly see it favours the killer (which it obviously would being a hardcore version of the normal game) but I just haven’t enjoyed it as survivor. Killer it’s different and it has been fun and more challenging with the No Scratchmarks and playing a killers Perkless & Addonless. But once I’ve finished the tome I probably wont touch the mode.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    Options

Trying this right now. Not spending a second longer in this mode than I have to. To me this is three gen skull merchant levels of fun.

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 309
    Options

It would be a lot more fun if killers were not slugging every single game. I feel like this mode really needs basekit unbreakable. Killers in general seem to be camping and slugging a lot more in this mode. Maybe it is because they struggle to find survivors?

• EvilSerje
    edited February 7
    Options

Update killer side:

certain killers completely wipe survivors. They have infinite undetectable, when hillbilly pops out behind you, it's like gg instantly.

I took Hag for a stroll, and she obliterated team effortlessly.

So "Lights out" is basically SoloQ simulator for both sides.

One the bright side 💡

no one tunnel or camp as a killer, because no reason to) If that is a antitunneling mechanic, my respect :)

Again, I'm very up for new modes or test cases, that could appear in this separate section menu. PTB is very "niche".

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Freddy being unavailable felt like a slap to the face, but other than that this modifier is very fun.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Mod is fun. If it is not for you, then simply don't play it. They did not remove normal mod, yes?

Also this is first time DbD is really feeling like horror game. Killers are coming from nowhere. Heck, even my teammated scared me because i did not see her first and then she was on my screen.

This mod is just for limited time. If you are enjoying it, play it. If you don't, just play normal DbD.

• SirXenomorph
    SirXenomorph Member Posts: 103
    Options

No it is not even. Since it is already in most cases that you can hook the survivor. It is not even whatsoever, because you as a killer still can see where the hooks at and of cause if they are near you the survivor hangs 100% of the time. Since there are no perks anymore which give the survivor any advantage for wiggles. So no that point is not valid. It make no difference if you can see the bar or not because in almost 99% of the cases you pick up a survivor no matter how far the hook is there will always be a hook nearby you can reach while survivors do not even hit 50% wiggleing.

This mode is absolutley favors the killer sry. If the only think you can not see the wiggle bar is which already kinda has no use at all since in the most cases you can hook the survivor anyways, than it is anything but not even at all. Sure survivors can escape much better but that is it. What is here the point of escapeing when you wont get healed till the killer is back at you again? Also I played much more matches now and I wonder why anyone say it is hard to catch up to survivors, most killers I had now just were right behind me even when I jumped a window. I can not agree that when you jump through a window you are gone, cause that is simply not true.

I will do some killer matches too soon to see how it is as a killer but I am pretty much sure it is WAY Easier. Since many killers now can just patroul the gens as they want or do three gening and you can not really react when the killer come to you and yea. Sry but this mode wont work that well.

Sure anyone who likes it likes it and that is okay, but still it is an unfinished and improvable mode.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,468
    Options

I’m sorry :/ but I am glad you’re having fun 🤩

I’m sure it was not there intent to make you feel that way. I think they just had limited time to do so.

• EvilSerje
    Options

Ok, my bad, I apologize.

I said that camping and tunneling reduced. Nope. Killer players found out that "easy wins" are way too hard and gladly took "effortless wins" xD

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Thankfully Knight exists, so I do have a killer to play here. I really liked this mode.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,748
    Options

I thought I would have a blast with Mikey in this mode but its so hard to stalk in the darkness 😪

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,305
    Options

I think the event favours killer somewhat, and very much favours specific killers that can benefit from not being seen from afar.

Bubba and Billy in particular have a really easy time, since they can get in lethal range before they're noticed.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

I was expecting more.

That's on me, I should've kept my expectations down; hopefully this is a conservative test run and they'll go big next time around

• EvilSerje
    edited February 7
    Options

Somewhat? :)

Every killer has undetectable, and you cannot see him until he's in front of you. So - no chases, just die.

Killer see hooks and generators! No downfall.

Killer doesn't see scratchmarks, but, frankly, even if I'm brain dead, it was never a crucial part of killer gameplay for me, you still find survivors near gens.

But the most atrocious part: camping and tunneling still here. They could remove it just for this mode, just to test (for example, you cannot hook same survivor twice or something like that). And 5 recent matches - it's just tunneling and camping. Anyone cannot even tell if killer is near hook, or went after tunnelee.

Event Dredge was seen and heard from afar (I was wondering why spoil him so cruel, now I know)

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 872
    Options

Fantastic proof (not that it was needed) that all the perks et. al. Are not the cause of camping and tunnelling because low and behold out of two matches I've played they were full of it.

• MechWarrior3
    Options

I haven’t tried yet, but I am excited to give it a try :-)

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 977
    Options

The mode is a huge success in my book. I love the limited HUD. Super scary and fun.

• Tsulan
    Options

Killers never had a progress bar for wiggle progress...

Also, complaining about killers seeing hooks&gens is like complaining that survivors can see downed or hooked survivors.

Survivors have at least the hook counter. Unlike the killer who has nothing. But yeah, the people that don´t like a perkless mode, won´t have a lot of fun with this.

Well at least we won´t see complaints about perk XXX being OP during the event.

Cheers

• MechWarrior3
    Options

It was just a test. It wasn’t meant to be anything big.

• MvHoeller
    MvHoeller Member Posts: 48
    Options

I expected a scary mode for survs and a tactical one for killers. This is none.

The jumpscares are cheap because they mostly happen at the gens when u try to repair them and the AWAK (Aimlessly-Wandering-Around-Killer) stumbles on you. Chases are boring and way to short because most of the time you just loose your target and doing some mindgames mostly results into loosing your target. So what's left. Just follow the guy step by step until you reach him. That's the worst part of any chase... When you loose the surv continue patrolling the red dots until you stumble on the next survivor and get ur next free hit. I've never felt so out of controll as a killer, not even in a match against a well coordinated SWF...

As an AWAS (Aimlessly-Wandering-Around-Survivior) you do the same stuff as all the annoying teammates in SoloQ, you've complained about for years. Real tension is never built up because you know nothing and killers just appear and disappear on screen. At least it isn't as hard to find the gens as its for killers to find survivors. If you're lucky you manage to repair that gen, if not the killer gets a free hit... Nothing is actually satisfying and without built up tension there is no thrill.

This mode maybe favors killers but who cares if its complely boring. The matches are way too long compared to the time where something actually happens. And the worst part of them all, I don't know how, but even with a high BP-bonus, this cheapskate-mode refuses to give you a good amount of BPs.

I highly doubt that this mode has ever been testplayed by the devs and we gamers are just here to do it for them. It's a shame that a well established event like the Lunar Event was scrapped for this half-baked PTB, hidden as an event with the worst event tomen I've ever seen...

👎️

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Dude haha it is a difference when see them hanging or on ground, since that is needed to save them. While on the other hand, see hooks and gens make it easy to 3gening or just hang a survivor as near as you can. It would be compareable when survivors would also see gens. See a downed or hooked survivor is a difference than the gens and hooks still. Since you can not see the survivors the whole time. You compare apples with pears

Haha dude the killer has no hook counter in normal as well. You always come with at least they got this or that, while the killer has not as if he had it before, what he never had. For the killer the only change is that he can not see scratchmarks anymore, while the survivors do not see anything, and you come and say "ohh yea but they can see hooked and downed survivors so why do you complain". So do you say with that that survivors also should been taken that too so that they did not see anything anymore? For real? Haha you say it feels much more immersive, but in reality it just favours the killer MUCH more than the survivors. The killer can come out of nowhere which makes it more fun yea, but you can see the location of every gen, that means you just can patrol them till you find one where a survivor is working at. So that is the first advantage. While survivors need to hear them, you just see them all around the map and also hear them as well. Who has here the advantage hm? The survivors who only can hear them nearby, or the killer who still can see them and also hear them too? I wonder who is having the advantage hmmmm XD

Next is that you also still can see the hooks, so you when you down a survivor you just get him up and bring him straight to the hook. That is also a big advantage, since survivors do not see their wigglebar anymore, not that that would make a big difference, because like I mentioned before, it is very unlikely to wiggle out of the killers grap till he reached a hook. It already is in normal games, so why do you think it would be a difference here? It would be a difference when the killer could not see the hooks, so he has to find them first what give the survivor a better chance for wiggleing. (My improvement here would be to give the hooks like a sound which can be heard from the killer so he knows he is nearby a hook). But here the killer also have a big advantage, since he also can see the hooks and just head to the nearest, and WE ALL KNOW IT WILL NOT WORK TO WIGGLE IN THAT TIME! You also know that.

Next advantage is, that killers may do not see scratchmarks anymore, but they still can see blood. Sure it disappears much faster, but he could follow it if he is skilled. And for killers like the Wraith I think the kinda still can see the scratchmarks cause of her ability. So the point that it will be harder may affects some killers but these who know what to be aware of it is no big deal. Since there are also abilities for survivors which hide scratchmarks Killers are more likely to have no trouble without scratchmarks. While Killers on the other hand are more or less undetectable till they are directly in you back and that I consider as funny and good at this mode, BUT that also invite the good old (Camper, Tunneler and Slugger) Killers to even go more into that especially the Campers. I played against the Ghost before, and he camped in that mode, and tunnelnd and slugged while he already can go invisible and stuff. It was impossible to do anything against that.

It is funny you say people who do not have fun perkless. Dude, that is not the problem with that mode. But if not now how should the mode not show that Killers have a huge advantage here? Also all the bars which are removed for survivors are not from perks, but still got removed. So why you come with that argument, when nobody made that up? That is so pointless really.

All in all you also said, it felt more immersive to you, that must be a joke. Since all what really changed for the killer is the scratchmarks and that he can not look in the distance, but therefore EVERY killer got undetectable till he is right in the back of the survivor, they still can see all hooks and gens, they just can use dirty tactics even more relentless and since the survivors can not really heal if not right on hook, because find others is pretty hard, they have it way more easy to down survivors.

Survivors on the other hand still can be chased very easily they got all bars removed and I mean ALL BARS, they can not see how much gens are yet to make anymore, they got no improvement for wiggleing, sure they got that the gens already run so they can find them better, but still not so easy, it is much harder to find other survivors to heal them. Since it seems like the killer does have a better view hiding or looping is much more difficult, even it should be the other way around.

Since killers and survivors both have no perks that point is irrelevant here.

So I do not get how you think it is much more immersive when just one side really got taken all what they really had before and the others just can not see scratchmarks anymore. How on earth is that anywhere near immersive? Since I never had seen a horror movie where the killer could see all the spots where the victims could be and where to hang them, for real, that is no immersion at all, it is just a bit darker and without scratchmarks for the killer, thats it, while the survivors are more or less out of everything.

But hey at least they can still see how often they hang, because THAT IS AN ADVANTAGE. Haha dude, you never play survivor I think? And you sure does not know what real immersion would be. When you as killer really had to find the gens and not get them shown the whole time and really had to look for you victims THAT WOULD BE IMMERSION, not these advantages which you already has in the normal game. When you as killer need to really find all of that, like the survivors do, than we can talk. But the mode at the moment is only favours one side and that by far. There is simply none advantage a survivor really has. They can not do gens secretly and have to keep care if maybe the killer finds them, cause he knows where all gens are and just need to patrol them, they can not really help each other, cause it is already not easy to find a hurt survivor in normal game mode if you did not see him or unhook him. They do not really can fool the killer by hiding behind something, cause the killer does see you most likely no matter what. And when you got downed the killer still see the hooks, so wiggleing still is useless like it is in normal mode, since there is ALWAYS are hook nearby so wiggleing does not help at all, what it would if the killer would not see the hooks in any form. And prove me wrong, but the killers still got notification when you jump through windows or pallets, when a gen explode and when it is finished right? SO AGAIN WHAT DOES CHANGE FOR THE KILLER? He only could not see scratchmarks anymore and he can not look in the far anymore, other than that he has only advantages. Also every killer still has their abilities, what give also a bit advantage too up to the killer you play. For instance Legion or Ghostface which get shown survivors through their abilities. And that is fine, but yet another advantage they still got, while survivors do not have any ability. (Again that is fine, but here also not really immersive.)

See I do not get why you say it is immersive, when in reality it just limits the survivors to almost blind and did not change anything really for the killers. That is nowhere near even, that is a huge advantage for killers and it simply is no fun like that.

It would be much more fun if the killer also do not get to see the gens and hooks as well. That would be fun, because than the killer really has to search and not just do the normal stuff on almost blind survivors, that is not immersive it is just hella boring and pain for survivors.

But I am pretty sure, you see it otherwise and all I wrote is like wasted time. But I just wanted to say where you are very wrong in saying that it is even or immersive, cause it is nothing of both. It is just not good and need a lot of improvment because now it is just a unfair disadvantage against the survivors for no reason at all. (And no you can not really escape the killer when he really chases you that is not possible even when he does not see that far, when he really want to get you he will and can, cause he has the bigger advantage here.)

All whats left to say is, that I hope that mode will been improved so that it is also fun for the survivors. That the survivors really have a chance and not just get patrolled to death. If you take all from the survivors than take all from the killer too. Only that makes it even. Maybe just make, what you had in the survey, that the killer got notified about the position of the survivors from time to time, so they get a clue where to look, but not like that. Cause now the killer just keep walk around the gens till he find a survivor. That is boring and makes it almost impossible for survivors, cause even when they manage to finish gens, when there are only 3 left they will die. And for the hooks make a sound which starts when the killer carry a survivor, which becomes louder the nearer the killer get to a hook. That would my improvments for that mode. Oh and turn the field of view even lower, for both. Because at the moment it is still way to easy to be seen. It really must be more difficult.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,051
    Options

No tunneling and camping? I get only tunneled and camped in this mode, because the killer knows you don't have anything to counter it.

I am playing killer now to give survivors a nice experience in between the bad matches.

• Krobeulus
    Krobeulus Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am finding this mode unbearable as survivor. I do not see how anyone thinks its too easy for survivors and hard for killers. After 7 games its been a 4k every single one. Everyone is playing 1-shot killers or cheap killers doing cheap tricks, camping hooks, slugging, etc. Just foaming at the mouth to get easy kills.

Killers can also see the gens and survivors cannot. Sure we can hear them but when kicked and regressed you're just wandering aimlessly until you cross one. You don't get any queues as a survivor as to who is working on a gen or being healed so you don't know if you should go for the hooked survivor or if someone else is, and then when everyone assumes the others are going they just lose an extra health state for no reason. Or you do go and the killer is camping the hook.

Sure, killer cant see scratch marks, but they can see gens, blood trails, and walk faster than you anyways so its not hard to keep track of survivors. Every time I play this game I am increasingly aggravated about how one sided it feels. Killers have it easy. I can rank all the way up and still never have any trouble killing the survivors. As survivor I can be at the bottom of ash tier and just run into high skilled or cheap killers.

Literally nothing you can do to stop killers in this game mode from being as cheap as possible. Sure is nice to get the BP bonus but when you are tunneled and camped out in 3 minutes a 150% bonus to 4k points is still crap.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

I hope they do more than just this one. Since this seems to be the easiest of them all to do, i understand why it's the first to show up (even tho the VIP one seems easier to implement and definitely my favorite out of the options)

• The_Fear
    The_Fear Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6
    Options

Bro really said it's easy for survivors, yeah, maybe for SWF but not solo queue. If you're killer all you have to do is slug, camp, and play killers that waste time. GG I can't even DC from these awful games without penalty.

• Tsulan
    Options

If killers couldn´t see gens&hooks or survivors couldn´t see downed&hooked teammates. Then the matches would be really boring. As there would be absolutely no interaction between accidentally a killer finding a gen. Or accidentally finding a hook, while the survivor wiggled free for the 5th time.

It seems you never play killer. Killer has a clockwise hook counter that tells him how many total hooks he has. Currently that counter is removed.

Anyway, you don´t seem to like it. Then just don´t play it. No one is forcing you to have a terrible time. Just play the side/mode you enjoy.

Cheers.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Still unfair, every time when only 1 gen is left for the survivors it is pretty easy for the killer to find them. And stop them. Especially when he did already got some.

It just favors the killer and that is a fact. No matter what they took from the killer the most stuff he still can do, while the survivors just can not do anything really anymore. That is a fact.

That you as a survivor can at least see downed or hooked survivors is the last thing they still got, everything else is gone. The killer on the other hand just do not have the clockwise hook counter aww what a downer right? Still the killer are in favor here.

And yea I do not play the mode because it is a crappy mode and only these people do like it who always do like to play unfair in every way, so I just assume you do play like that too, that is why, you absolutely love this mode where you just can play unfair because the mode is fully made for that.

Anyway enjoy it. I do not and I still hope they someday do some more work and bring the 2v8 or 5v5 modes in the game finally.

• Tsulan
    Options

No, i just like jump scares. Love playing against scratched mirror Myers. But these days its pretty rare to play against one. Thats why i like this mode so much.

But i guess thats not for everyone and thats ok!