Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Alan Wake perks loadout not saving.

Kyazrae
Kyazrae Member Posts: 2

PS5

When I equip perks to Alan wake and play the game with him, after I log out, it defaults back to my other character I was playing before purchasing Alan wake (Adam Francis) and restores Alan Wake's perks/loadouts and outfit back to default. Every time I reopen the game, it switches my survivor back to Adam and removes all perks, items and offerings on all loadouts. Bloodpoints and bloodwebs act like normal, its just the loadouts that are affected as far as I can tell.

It happens every single time i close the application and reopen it on PS5.

4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• dmgjr213
    dmgjr213 Member Posts: 2

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Bloodpoints and Shards are fine, bit my auric cells count didn't update after purchasing more. I reported it earlier, but it is showing Closed Declined. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

• Kyazrae
    Kyazrae Member Posts: 2

i havent bought auric cells myself this patch, but the loadout thing is really frustrating. hope they fix your auric cell stuff soon

• The_Karon
    The_Karon Member Posts: 1

I'm glad you're reporting this. I came here to say the same thing. No matter which character I pick and change, when I log back into DBD everything is reverting back to what it was before the update. It's not "game breaking", but, it's really annoying. I wasn't paying attention and just picked a character and when I got in the match, I had nothing; no perks, no item, nko add-on, nothing. 😂 I went in perkless as a Baby Alan.

• Nuwisha
    Nuwisha Member Posts: 4

Same exact issue here… deleted and reinstalled the game and now the loadouts remain a they were before Alan, but all cosmetics for everyone is reset on exit and it defaults me back to Dwight and trapper… bloodweb progress remains as do unlocks from the rift and purchased cells… but all cosmetics and loadouts reset.

• CrimsonVoid
    CrimsonVoid Member Posts: 15
    edited February 15

Same thing is happening to me on PS5, since the 7.5.0 update the loadouts/skins changes on both my killers and survivors are not saving. To be more precise they do save but its really rare when it happens, like a 1/20 chance that after a play session the changes will save after I log out of the game. If I may, I think the cause is the red spinning entity symbol that appeared after making character changes, it indicated that it was saving but after the Alan Wake midchapter dropped it dissapeared.

• Nuwisha
    Nuwisha Member Posts: 4

Using your idea I tested this myself, I went into the settings, made an adjustment, and forced a save. This did allow the changes to remain after an exit. This definitely indicates that in some cases DbD isn’t proceeding with an autosave…