If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Nooooo , The Pig is being buffed

Options
CountOfTheFog
CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,615
edited February 19 in Feedback and Suggestions

The Pig is terrifying enough ๐Ÿ˜ณ

She should not have stealth!

I'd rather face Skull Merchant ๐Ÿ’€

ยซ1

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,331
    Options

What? How are the Headtraps the most fun part of her power?

@Topic:

Finally. I hope they nerf her Add Ons which inflict Mangled or Exhausted as well. Those are only used for tunneling, which is a bad playstyle with Pig anyway.

It is about time that Pig gets more love to her stealth and dash and loses some power on the RBTs. They will still be game delay-elements, just not as lethal anymore.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

The Slowdown is the same. Doesnt matter how long Survivors have before the RBT kills them, they still need to search the same amount of Boxes.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

To be fair if they were ever going to buff her Ambush/Crouch, they needed to nerf her traps since even now they can be very problematic on certain maps and with certain addons.

This change stops Pig from being able to just follow someone trying to remove their trap and ruining the game for them which was incredibly unhealthy. I would have preferred some nerfs to her trap addons instead of just a longer duration but it does the same thing.

Also, the trap is supposed to be slowdown rather than actually getting headpops, so the increased duration shouldn't really matter for good Pig players.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

Idk how I feel about removing the box auras.

Weโ€™ll have to see how the longer trap timer is on the PTB. It does make it harder for her to use obnoxious screaming builds to win but it might make it too easy to just ignore traps completely until after doing a gen.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,222
    Options

I find them fun because they allow her to have good pressure without having to rely on the boring slowdown meta. Now, they're going to be only really useful against new survivors that don't know that they need to get them off. Especially with her inablity to see the boxes herself anymore and an extra 3 minutes, survivors are pretty much guaranteed to get the traps off unless they don't even try.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

You will still get Slowdown from the Traps. They are just not as lethal anymore.

For fun... The only real interaction was chasing Survivors (away from Boxes), which is just chasing and pressing a Button to put a RBT on their head.

Her dash and stealth are way more interesting, especially the Dash.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,228
    edited February 19
    Options

I think useless is not a fair statement. Survivors will still be forced to deal with RBTs, wasting time, but they are making it difficult to extend that amount of time now and instead improving her stealth and anti-loop which will allow you to apply more pressure through getting downs faster instead.

I suppose it's a bit of a rework. So i can see it wouldn't be liked.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    Options

Yea, if they put her terror radius back to what it was originally. We'll see on PTB how it goes, but the Ambush has never been very useful as survivors either know you are coming because you crouched as you approached, or they finish generators too fast because you're crouching in slowly from too far away.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited February 19
    Options

Semi Pig main here. I'm not seeing any downsides.

Long deserved buffs to crouching and ambush is brilliant.

As someone who never harrasses a trapped survivor, the lack of box auras has no effect on me. The increased time is also inconsequential, the purpose is not to secure a kill with a head pop, their purpose is to force survivors to do your side objective. They're slowdown, and their slowdown potential hasn't changed at all.

If you really want to secure a kill you can still do everything you could before, you just need to use map sense to work out where the boxes are and harrass the survivor a little longer.

Frankly I don't think extending the timer from 2:30 to 3:00 is good enough. If it were me, I would have made the timer pause while you're interacting with a jigsaw box, so that if you've partially finished a box and get chased off of it, you haven't just wasted precious time acheiving nothing. That alone would have been an average leeway of about 24-36 seconds per trapped survivor.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

I personally like to use the Ambush, even if it is not really good. And I always cringe when I see people running STBFL on her.

But, I would agree, a Reduction of her TR to 28m (so back to the original value) would be well-appreciated. Would at least free a Perk Slot for M&A for me...

• Seraphor
    edited February 19
    Options

I'm using Ambush all the time, I get several Ambush hits per game. Frankly there's not going to be an excuse to not use it now. If you're not using Ambush you're not playing her correctly.

As for TR, 28 would be nice, but I always run John's Medical File anyway, so I'm crouched pretty much all the time.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 434
    Options

Where is link for this?

• Seraphor
    Options

You can still do this though. I never consciously target boxes but my patrols take me past them all the time.

If you really have to, you can just remember where the boxes are.

• Seraphor
    edited February 19
    Options

If you do a gen first, you'll only have 90 seconds left to get the trap off. That's not enough time to check 4 boxes. The 2:30 is often barely enough to check 4 boxes, and one slight delay can be certain death.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    Options

Oh yea she needs her TR reduced again. Especially since their original reason was to normalize stealth killer terror radiuses, and yet both Ghost Face and Onryo now have lower terror radius like she used to. So she was changed to follow a rule for all killers that she's now the only one that has to follow.

Actually my go to build is a total end game build and I find it fun to not even need the perks. But now with not being able to see that trap boxes, that means that build isn't going to work anymore. I jokingly call it my "Perkless Pig" build because if you never get to end game for your end game build to activate, did you even bring perks?

I am all for making the Ambush more useful, it is fun for sure, but really this traps nerf I am afraid is going to make me have to rely o the four slowdown meta that I so hate.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

Yeah, I just never liked to see Pigs playing STBFL and only ambushing the Obsession.

I run M&A and Whispers on her for eternity. A bit outdated probably, but I dont play as much Pig anymore anyway. But some time ago I was basically playing only Pig for hours each day, and M&A and Whispers really helped to sneak up on people. Not having to use M&A would be really great.

(And in the end, they are not consistent in Terror Radius anyway anymore. Huntress has 20m instead of 24m, Deathslinger has 32m, despite being only 4,4m/s and Wesker has 40m instead of 32m... So not sure why Pig cannot have her 28m back, which was only changed for consistency back then)

• Seraphor
    edited February 19
    Options

Because the problem with Pig is how easy it is to play cheaply and stalk a trapped survivor to guarantee a head pop. That needs to be removed from the game. It's worse than tunneling.

These changes make that harder, and less up to rng, but they still don't remove it.

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 203
    Options

So because SOME people stalk one guy to guarantee a headpop we need to nerf the entire killer? Let's nerf Trapper some people put traps near basement and that's boring! If you wanted to make people's games miserable you'd play SM you'd play Blight you wouldn't play Pig most Pigs don't even do that and woopie one single headpop while every gen gets finished enough with the knee - jerk reactions to an entire killer just because a few bad apples do it

If we're going by your logic how come they buffed Huntress who can stand away from the Anti Camp radius with a hatchet up to camp for free? There's no reason to remove Pig box auras its simple as that

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 460
    Options

It is the player who decides if the style of play is correct; the Ambush ability cannot be relied upon in many positions where it cannot be used due to palette or window placement. On the other hand, putting survivors on tasks other than Gen by headgear helps slow down the pace of the game, and it is also a useful ability to search for survivors when activated, so weakening this aspect reduces the reason to use Pigg. There is no need to force them to compete with Chucky or Demogorgon.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 434
    Options

The changes to ambush and stealth are good and i can see why they removed the ability to see the boxes, the increased timer feels unnecessary and would rather they just reworked the tampered timer gimmick and maybe crate of gears also.

• Gabe_Soma
    Gabe_Soma Member Posts: 276
    Options

If you buff her chase basekit, you need to tune down her slowdown passive ability as well.

Also, being able too see the aura of Jigsaw Boxes was honestly unhealty.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    Options

She can still patrol her Boxes.

It's just not hand-fed information so it's part of a "Skill-ceiling" and not something new players get right out of the gate with other new players.

And she can now better pop up to spank a survivor given a faster stealth patrol.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 623
    Options

Im sad about you, im a Trickster main and i dont like this "new Trickster" "ooohh but hes is better now" no, he feels more miserable to play than before, hes boring to play now, he feels a m1 where his power doesnt work consistenly. Gook luck to you and your pig, She go to the same way.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,644
    Options

figured that pig would get nerfed. at least ambush might be better? not sure.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,163
    edited February 19
    Options

@radiantHero23 Oh boy... I'm sorry, you must be Summoned... though I don't think you'll like it...

So keeping level headed... my take on this is the John's Medical File and Combat Straps being partially basekit is a very welcome change.

The ambush recovery reductions for miss and hits are very much welcome. The extra lunge time is very nice, happy with that.

There is an obvious push towards becoming more chase oriented, which is not a direction I disagree with... however... I have a feeling this won't be enough for the big nerfs to her headpop potency.... if she is lacking in chase like I think she will be, I would like to see Workshop Grease also made partially basekit (even just 20% would be nice). Also a slight delay on her ambush roar would also be helpful (much as a love roar spamming).... even these I think will not be enough for the nerfs...

The extra 30 seconds is pretty massive, but the loss of Pig Box auras is a very huge nerf. I can see BVHR doesn't want Pig to be camping boxes and making it so a survivor can't get their trap off... but having both of these penalties makes her RBTs pretty weak... like I'd consider 1 of them a little harsh... but both is pretty frigging rough.

I have a feeling, Pig's high killrate in Low MMR is hurting her here... we're not likely to save RBTs I think, unless we can find a way of making them easier for low level players but still a potent threat...