Survivors are keep getting garbage content

We are getting new fun killers ( Chucky, Xeno, Larry ). UW and Friends Until End are good and fun perks. GE also buffed and now it's meta too.

Billy also buffed to very fun level. Sadako is in good spot right now, she is really so fun after her last rework.

I am not complaining about killer content. But we are getting nothing but garbage for survivors.

Ellen got bad perks, there was amazing suggestions for make them viable. But no. Ignored. And now nobody uses them.

Gabriel got MfT and it nuked to ground. This perk deserved to be nerfed tho but still Gabriel did not give us any good perk. Non of his perks are seeing in trials.

Alan Wake got with amazing bad perks. If i would rank survivors by their perks Alan Wake would sit on F tier. And sad thing, there was really good suggestions for his perks as well but nothing happened ofcourse. Even his first week, i did not see anyone uses his perks. Even Champion of Light.

There was chance to make Quick Gambit viable but no, we only got meh number tweaks and called it a day. Ofcourse this perk is still dead as before.

Survivors are getting bad and bad content, nothing good. Tomorrow is PTB and we all know new survivor will have another 3 garbage perks nobody will use.

We are getting tweaks for few killers for next update and some of them are really excited. But what survivors are getting? Nothing.

Again, i am not complaining about killers are getting good content. But problem is that, survivors are not getting enough content. It feels like BHVR is just don't care about survivors.

Comments

• monochromeworld
    monochromeworld Member Posts: 56

She in now impossible to get fully condemned survivor. Pre ptb sadako was much stronger. Now she is literally useless cause survivors just turn all Tv off and you just m1 killer without any ability

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

No, she is not. You need to be smart with your teleports. I am still getting a lot mori kills. Even if i don't get any time to time, it's still gives me good slowdown because survivors getting nervous of stacks and trying to remove them.

• monochromeworld

exactly new sadako one of the weakerst killer devs ever created. Even trapper make more serious threat cause survivors cant delete his ability of the game

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I feel like suggesting running 3% faster is "fun" is uuuhhhh kind of a low bar. Are we asking for more meta perks or more fun perks?

Because I'd argue Champion of Light is fun for people that liked running flashlights and Background Player anyway, Nicholas Cage's perks are all pretty entertaining, Chem Trap is interesting and the idea is there it's just in practice it doesn't pan out the way you'd think.

If you're asking for more meta perks yeah I admit it's been a minute since we get a really good one that doesn't wind up getting nerfed but I get why it's hard to make meta perks for survivor cuz if you make one the killer has to face it 4 times at the same time most likely so I get it.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

I don't play survivor too much anymore since BHVR just gives them only nerfs or meh content. I am mostly playing killer. And Sadako is one of the my killers. And i don't feel weak when i play her.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,679

Light-Footed has two restrictions because of how powerful its effect is. Silent running is very strong, people underrate how important audio tracking is for killers.

Killers see Chemical Trap so that you can actually play around it. There are a fair number of loops where the killer refusing to break the pallet makes the loop stronger, and Chemical Trap puts them in a lose/lose scenario at those loops. Doesn't have to be a god loop, just a safe one.

Troubleshooter is a good perk because it shows you the killer's aura and lets you avoid running the killer to your teammates in chase.

Champion of Light is a strong perk, yeah. I actually have seen people running it, but that's anecdotal and irrelevant- there's a big difference between "nobody runs this perk" and "this perk is bad".

People gotta stop comparing Illumination to Deja Vu, they have different niches. The boon is a nice support boon for boon builds/Overzealous, and it's nice to see the whole gen spread without downsides like Visionary. Easily the weakest, but still nice. As for Deadline, it is a little hampered by the injured requirement, but the strength is still quite high when it's active.

Whether people run then is wildly different to whether they're good, as evidenced by all the good perks people aren't running and the kinda bad ones people are running, like Windows of Opportunity.

• monochromeworld
    edited February 20

So how is it possible that i playing Freddy (one of the weakest killer in the game) can get 3-4k but for Sadako or Nemeis even 1k is good (mayber because this 2 killers are complete garbage)

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Everyone says this about killers that can easily ROFLstomp just because they lost to a 4-man SWAT team

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

Even if they remove some of those downsides, non of them will be meta but it will be nice for people who want to play different perks.

And i respect your opinion but i hardly disagree, non of those perks have strong effect to have that much downsides.

Survivors are rarely getting good updates, the only new things they are getting some perk buffs and new perks. But non of them is good enough to play.

Like compare killer content with survivor content, one side is getting amazing new stuffs while other side is barely getting anything and it's not even good.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678
  • MikaelaWantsYourBoon

Wraith is decent and i love to play him time to time. But i love Sadako more and i am better with her as well. Because Sadako is not only taking health state, she is also building stacks on survivors which gives her nice slowdown.

• ays12151

Survivors already have a good content. They can play with friends and have fun together. Survivors have more useful and fun perks to as than Killers. I can tell 20 perks immediately. On Killer everyone run slowdown - why? Because they want to play a match more than 4-5 minutes and use their Power many times. Survivors don't respect things they already have in the game.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,608

Trapper is A Tier at minimum. Just so everyone knows. :)

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 4,054
  • ays12151

What strong Perks Survivors have? Let's count: Adrenaline / Sprint Burst / Lithe / Balance Landing / Dead Hard / Resilence / Deja Vu / Windows Of Opportunity / Unbreakable / Deliverance / Hope / Background Player / Buckle Up / For The People / Distortion / Boon Exponential / Off The Record / Decisive Strike / Prove Thyself / Reasurrance / Second Wind / We'll Make It.

Additionally many of these perks are for free since the start. Killer has anything comparable to that...

Additionally 85% of maps are Survivor sided. Only 15% of maps are almost balanced (but they are not Killer Sided).

Survivors have strong items such a Comodious Toolbox with charges addons or Brand New Parts.

Blight right now is nerfed compared to Blight before Patch 7.5.0 and that's a fact.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    edited February 19

Sadako is really bad designed right now, but better than her first rework. Her OG version was still the best. Currently she is reduced to being only a noob stomper, because good survivors can take away your power entirely, which feels so bad.

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 156

Literally three posts saying the exact same thing as one another. Can we stop with the victim mentality? BHVR has not neglected survivors. Y'all are about to get the long requested buff for DS for example.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,261

It's frustrating to hear all this talk of "trash perks" and similar soundbites, because the reason most people die in-game has much more to do with skill than perks. I'd feel far safer with a pro on the team running nothing but This Is Not Happening than the average player using meta builds. Many perks can be useful, and of course some are better than others, but if the player isn't that good no amount of meta perk will make them much better.

Anyway, back to the main point: whilst I am not entirely in agreeance about what Perks are good or not, the focus has been mainly on Killers in general. It has felt unbalanced, like only one side really has something of value to look forward to. I would probably prefer to see patches mix Survivor and Killer adjustments within them, rather than heavily leaning to one side or the other.

This just keeps both sides looking forward to (or at least raise discussions) on either role's new changes.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,431

Because they are different killers? Just because you can effectively use Freddy's power to get downs, doesn't mean you'll have the same thing happen with every other Killer. Sadako has more in common with Pig that with Freddy, so that was just a weird comparison.

• felipesegatto1
    felipesegatto1 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 95

true!! survivors never get good perks or new items or even buffs

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,773
    edited February 19

Survivors overall are more consistent than killers, which means big buffs or nerfs to survivors aren't easy because it affects all killers but on a different level. So to that degree it is natural that killers are changed more often than survivors.

However, I agree that the recent survivor content hasn't been great and that there could be some more help for solo queue survivors as well. I think they have a lot on their plate though with all these killer changes right now, which is why I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that there will probably be some good content for survivors in the future. It's just lower on the list than these killer updates.

Although, I'm not sure why Alan Wake's perks had to be that weak. They could be tweaked a little to make them more useful. That would already help and it wouldn't take a whole lot of resources either.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 187

I mean survivors are skins while killers are actually unique to each other so the killer is gonna have more stuff to play with. Also I wouldn't say sadako is in a good spot. Definitely better but still not good.

For Ripley, I don't really get why people don't like Chemical Trap. It's not bad and it looks funny to see the killer waddle. I've also seen a weird amount of light-footed.

I see Champion of Light a decent amount. Not common but still something.

I'm all for more perks being used cause the meta on both sides is boring as all can be right now, but I don't really know what would be good right now and would actually change what survivors bring.

• Gabe_Soma
    Gabe_Soma Member Posts: 276

I always thought that survivors should also have passive abilities, even of little importance, but just enough to differentiate them from each other at least by a minimum.