If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Pig mains, I call upon thee!

Options
2»

Comments

• skylustv
    skylustv Member Posts: 215
    Options

My suggestion now that Pig cant see the jigsaw box aura:

• Survivors should not be able to remove traps until is activated
    • Survivors also cannot see jigsaw box aura until the trap is activated
  • Princesse_nico
    Princesse_nico Member Posts: 107
    edited February 20
    Options

I find it weird when people says RBTS are only slow down. Like, it is not always a good time to do gens. Sometimes the killer is in the area of gens and it is not a good time to do it.

Theres is plenty of situation where you cant do gens and in if you remove rbts in these situation, there is no slowdown applied.

That is not when a box is just beside a gens and you just can take 12 seconds to do the box and going for the gens that is just right there after.

I feel rbts doest very much slow down the game. RBTS slow down are overated

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    Options

I'm fine with the extra time, I don't think interruptions should cause the RBT to straight up kill a survivor with little investment.

I just don't like the Jigsaw Box Aura removal for Pig.

At least for my playstyle its a QoL nerf for when I've hooked someone else and see the RBT'ed Survivor still hasn't taken off their active trap, I'd patrol Boxes if I thought they might be nearby for another down. Now I don't have the Box Auras as a guide like I do with Generators. I can still do it, but it's going to require more map memorization.

It's not like removing the Jigsaw Box Aura is going to stop a Pig player from hardcore following a survivor off of hook. Nor address that her RBT's aren't the cause for tunneling in the first place: it's a universally good strategy at the moment, it just so happens that Pig quite literally can put the first RBT on the prime tunneling candidate - the first down.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,194
    Options

I agree! I dont like the changes to her aura one bit. Both the timer increase and the removal of the auras are the wrong nerfs.

• AssortedSorting
    Options
  • radiantHero23
    Options

Giving the survivor more time leads to the kill becoming a non threat. Right now, Pig can force survivors into making hard decisions. With these changes, i see these decisions gone, because the survivor will simply have enough time to do anything they need to do. Heck, they could maybe even work on gens if the trap they have is 2 searches or lower.

I dont think i have to go into why 10 seconds more or less are such a huge difference, when the tempered timer exists, do i?

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    Options

Slowdown is anything and everything that keeps Survivors off of or prevents them completing generators.

Reverse Bear Traps, especially active ones, guarantee that Survivor won't be on a gen for however long it takes them to remove the trap. The could be short or long, depending on box placement and how many searches they have to do, but the slowdown is there.

This is why one of my favorite Pig add-ons is Ruleset No 2, which prevents survivors seeing the Jigsaw Boxes until the trap is active. It hinders getting the trap off until they're on the clock.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited February 20
    Options

I'd be on board with survivors not being able to see aura's until the trap is activated. Their "game" hasn't effectively started yet. I think they should have the option to preemptively attempt any boxes they do find though. There's no reason to limit the slowdown to after a gen has been completed, in fact the opposite is what you want, particularly when at 1 gen remaining.

Also for the record, I don't think adding 30 seconds is a particularly "good" update. It's a "not bad" update, and I still don't consider it to have any negative impact on the way I play Pig. But it's lazy and doesn't fully adress her issues. As has been correctly stated, the added time doesn't prevent a Pig playing scummy with screaming or tunneling to force a head pop, it just makes it harder.

Ideally, instead of adding 30 seconds to the timer, the timer should pause when a box is being searched. This completely negates the screaming problem, as an interrupted search doesn't cost any of the RBT timer, it merely wastes general time and extends the slowdown potential without increasing the lethality of the trap. This would also serve to extend the timer by 12 seconds per search, so it would effectively be an average increase of 36 seconds to the timers as a whole.

Then to maintain some degree of lethality, in addition to pausing while searching, one of the following could be implemented:

1. If a search is unsuccessful, 12 seconds are removed from the timer. This effectively negates the paused time for each unsuccessful search, so the only benefit in overal time is the final box search, ensuring that if you reach the final box within the timer, you can successfully escape from the trap. This would equate to an effective 12 second increase to the timer. Or...
    2. Each hook event removes 15 seconds from the timer. So an unhooked but trapped survivor benefits from an effective 36 additional seconds to the timer, while a hooked survivor has an additional 21 seconds, and a survivor on death hook has effectively an additional 6 seconds on the timer. This increases the potential lethality of the trap according to how many times a survivor has been hooked, so in some ways it's similar to the recent Sadako lock-in mechanic, and provides a way for the Pig to 'earn' a head pop. After all a survivor who is on death hook and then found by the killer should be in a dire situation.
  • AssortedSorting
    Options

I agree that with too much time it can become a non-threat, potentially allowing Survivors to consolidate when they all start searching reducing the time pig has a constant 1v3.

If they know they have two searches or lower it's still relatively irrelevant with the current time.

And if they have up to four searches, the more they get interrupted by Pig when they could have been searching, the more likely they spend more time having to navigate from hook/chase escape to their next box, and Pig also knows their next relative location. At least I'm pretty sure Survivors cannot interact with the same box again. (Brain is flatlining atm).

• radiantHero23
    Options

No, one search per box.

My argument is, that the traps are in a great spot right now with the exception of scearming interrupting the action. Pig is bad in chase. Therefore, that should be buffed. Thats good. If the chase is buffed, her traps should be nerfed. Absolutely agree.

Right now, Pig is already on the lower end . The buffs will not make her chase improve her chase as much. The nerfs are too severe. How do i know that? Im using medical file and combat straps every game. A weaker effect of these addons will be made basekit. Is the combo strong right now? Not by a long shot. Why should it be strong then. Her weakest part is getting buffed to be now maybe passable. Her strong part is becoming really bad though.

Nerfing it is fine. However, the nerf has to be in line with the buffs. This is not in line and does not even target the part that people are complaining about (screaming Pig).

• SupSchaeff97
    SupSchaeff97 Member Posts: 10
    Options

What I wish people would understand is that there is a difference between 'pressure' and 'slowdown.' Yes, even with RBT nerfs, survivors will be spending the same amount of time removing them. However, because of the nerfs, the Pig will have much less pressure when utilizing the RBT. Before the nerfs, if your RBT was active upon getting unhooked, you would have to decide if you had time to heal, if you should risk going to the nearest trap station or if it would be better finding a safer one, etc. This would allow for situations for The Pig to capitalize on survivor mistakes/decisions. With THE RBT nerfs, the survivor decision is easy. Now you have plenty of time to find a nice, safe place to heal and can take your time going to the most optimal trap station. Now, this would be okay if The Pig's ambush was PROPERLY BUFFED to compensate. As it stands, the slight buffs to ambush in no way make up for the huge amounts of pressure The Pig loses from the RBT nerfs.