We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Deathslinger Rifles That NEED Adjustments (FULL THREAD)

There is a consistent problem with Deathslinger's Weapons that Isn't talked about enough. I hope that this post will get the attention it needs to be heard by the developers on what we believe is wrong, so that future cosmetics do not fall prey to the same issues we have seen so far.

For those that don't realize, the Redeemer does not have a front sight. However, you can see the tip of the Harpoon which is designed to act as your front sight when ADS. The left/right spikes can also be used to judge distance when leading your shots. (Pictured Below)

Ever since the introduction of the Anchored Harpoon, we have seen increased new Slinger weapons blocking these core components. Unlike recent models, the Anchored Harpoon (Below Top Image/Old) was corrected and fixed (Below Bottom Image/Current/Fixed).

This post will aim to identify some of the rifles that create similar issues. As rifle cosmetics that block the harpoon's tip make them significantly worse to use. I have heard the voices of the Slinger community and hope to portray them for the public audience and developers.

RIFLES WITH ISSUES:

1. IRON MAIDEN

The newest addition to Deathslinger cosmetics and has one of the most controversial issues when it comes to its scope. The squares are actually fine design wise, however the large block on the top of the rifle severely limits the visibility of the harpoon spike (Left/Current). This creates a false FOV of sight picture, making it harder to actually line up accurate shots. The block being removed would be huge for QOL as demonstrated in the edited picture (Right Side). Afterall its not the boxes that line up for the hitbox, its the tip of harpoon spike.

2. SERRATED SPEARGUN (RIFT/DEEP RIFT)

Introduced with the Tome 18 Rift, two wires are sticking out on the top of the rifle, overshadowing the actual Harpoon spike. It would be better if they were flat/removed. A side convo could be had about the lack of rift variant color as well, as both rifles are near identical in Killer POV, but I digress to stay on the current topic.

3. CHOCOLATE SPIKE

This rifle literally isn't rendered properly. It has TWO rifles in one that you can clearly see in game. Two Harpoons and two frames. This is visible in the lobbies as well when you move Deathslinger around and look at his rifle.

Aside from the rendering issues with the rifle in game, it also has a weirdly oblong front sight that doesn't accurately line up with the harpoon spike. Course this bulkiness/lack of smoothness could be because of the rendering of TWO rifles in one, but either way it makes this a very awkward rifle to use and more often than not is best sitting in your inventory.

4. HOLIDAY HARPOON

The theme of this rifle is fantastic, however falls short when ADS. The skirt from the nutcracker creates a rounded top view that completely blocks all sight picture of the harpoon spikes. This is hands down the worst rifle to use in game as Deathslinger.

5. TRACKS KILLER

This rifle actually has its own front post sight which is PERFECTLY aligned with the harpoon spike! Fantastic! However the wood boards that protrude on the side obstructs the peripheral view when tracking/leading shots on survivors. Its counterproductive and obstructive for many players.

6. CRIMSON PLIGHT/EMERALD PLIGHT

These final two are borderline okay and borderline falling into this thread of rifles that need re-designs. They don't necessarily obstruct the harpoon spikes/sight picture, but they do limit normal visibility other rifles have.

CRIMSON PLIGHT (TOP)/EMERALD PLIGHT (BOTTOM)

The rifles listed above are the main culprits of having issues that should be addressed/corrected. Designing rifles without obstructions is essential for Deathslinger gameplay/QOL. The rifles below are actually GOOD examples of what these rifles should look like.

GOOD EXAMPLES:

1. BADLAND GRIT/GREASETOOTH RIFLES

There are 7 default skins and 1 Anniversary skin that have these rifles. All these rifles are a slight variation of the original Death To Bayshore. They have their own issues outside of this thread, but they are the best example of sight picture

2. THE RAILS COLLECTION

There are three rifles in the Rails Collection. Rail's Edge, Rail's Razor and Rail's End. These rifles actually have a more rounded sight picture but successfully manage to look different/unique without obstructing the harpoon spike visibility.

3. SPIRIT OF BELFAST

Another good example of unique design while also not obstructing the sight picture of the harpoon spikes.

4. KILLJOY

One of the most popular rifle selections for those that enjoy trickshots. KillJoy has a very sleek design making it stand out uniquely from others as well has having a very clear sight picture.

5. BUGBEAR

BugBear is the PERFECT example of a unique cosmetically designed rifle theme that doesn't obstruct the gameplay of Slinger! You have peripheral objects that dont obstruct the peripheral sight picture and you can clearly see the harpoon spike's sight picture.

IN SUMMARY

I hope this thread can provide some identification of rifles that are problematic when their design effects on gameplay. We as Slinger Mains love getting new cosmetics, but its heartbreaking when a rifle is counterproductive to use because of its design. We hope to see some of these adjusted to better compliment Deathslinger's QOL and gameplay. Thank you for taking the time to review this post!

End.

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,203

I mostly use the Bugbear (or Moth Gun); I love it's design and the iron sights are amazing.

Though I like this thread since it gives me an idea of what I should and shouldnt purchase since I want something that not only looks good but functions well, and while the art team is really good, sometimes the cosmetics hinder gameplay (which bumbs me out a bit since they work really hard on stuff). :(

• OsuchinRiberu
    OsuchinRiberu Member Posts: 12
    edited February 23

@fussy Thank you!

• OsuchinRiberu

@Iron_Cutlass I agree wholeheartedly. I love the work that the art team is putting in, and I want us to get more Deathslinger cosmetics in the future. But I too want rifle cosmetics that look good and function well. Which is why I made this entire thread, so hopefully we can see the functionality increased without taking away the hard work by the amazing art team.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,538

I just wanted to make post about Slinger's rift gun and ask to centralise its aim, but this post is amazing. Hope they will pay attention to it.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 464

Excellent post, also glad to know i wasn't crazy about the Chocolate Spike feeling very off when using it.

• HolDuds
    HolDuds Member Posts: 13

It's very frustrating. I bought this skin RIGHT after the release and now I realize that I will not play with them, because it is impossible to play with it. It's disgusting to use

BHVR should rework this skin or allow to take another gun skin on iron maiden skins. 

• OsuchinRiberu

@Turretcube Glad I made this post! Its also gotten a lot of traction on twitter with over 100K views, so hopefully we can see some QOL changes to Deathslinger's rifles :)

• OsuchinRiberu

@HolDuds I feel the same way. I love everything about the outfit and even wish the Rifle wasnt a set, so I could use it on other outfit combinations. But until its fixed, its very difficult to use.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

I would like that change for Iron maiden skin, but that skin just looks so cool already...

Some of those guns you posted are just terrible, I had no idea they can be so bad. How the hell can you hit anything with Holiday Harpooon...

• Comrade_Cheeze
    Comrade_Cheeze Member Posts: 8

If the Devs are feeling it. Could we get Caleb's on-hit animation fixed? It's been over 6 months

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,254

Wow, what a thread. Postage like this are incredible, because they offer perspectives from players who have put in thousands of hours and know ins and outs that even the devs might be clueless about.

• OsuchinRiberu

@VomitMommy I love everything about the Iron Maiden skin, but the gun is counterproductive. I actually have to work against my muscle memory and aim higher than normal. I genuinely hope they take this thread and make some QOL changes. Afterall it'll only help them as more people would buy the cosmetics.

• OsuchinRiberu

@Akumakaji I appreciate that! I've been maining Slinger since day one. I have over 5K hours poured into him and Dead By Daylight, as well as I am currently the 4th Top NA Slinger Player and Top 20 Worldwide. I have devoted a lot of time into Deathslinger, and I felt it was finally time I start to speaking on Slinger from my knowledge and experience.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

Yeah, I have noticed the iron sight seems to be little higher than usual, I usually go for quick shots, so don't use iron sight that much anyway.

but it screwed me few times when I was trying to aim through some holes.

Skin still looks amazing tho :D