If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

End Game Chat.

Options

Console player here. What do y'all think about adding end game chat for console so that the different platforms are able to communicate? I think itd be interesting to see how everyone interacts after the match. Though, let's face it, it'll probably be all salt

Comments

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 284
    Options

With how much killers complain about it I doubt BHVR even wants it in the game anymore.

Not happening.

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 304
    Options

Yeah, just be glad you don't see the endgame chat. Almost every interactive is someone just saying gg/gl nr or they have an essay on why you suck at this game because they lost. It's for the best and I'm glad they give PC players the option to hide end game chat. It's unnecessary to have one - it's not like they let you replay with the same people next match. So why would anyone care what they have to say?

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

How would you do the endgame chat on console with a controller?

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,212
    Options

I just don't see how viable it would be for console players unless they plugged in a keyboard as by the time they type something everybody has probably left

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,451
    Options

Two buttons to puch for either GG or Well played and nothing more could be ok. A chat no way. Us console players are very lucky to miss out on all the toxic messages and BHVR won't add a chat rather remove the PC one if anything, we can hope.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited February 25
    Options

Some of us do have keyboards for other games. It's not that uncommon.

But the reality is likely that more people using chat = more reports and more moderation workload.

Meanwhile console chat can be policed by Sony/Microsoft themselves.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,748
    Options

No thanks. I think the less communication after a match the better. Nine times out of ten its salt.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,468
    Options

Most of us have keyboards that hook up to the PlayStation or console

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

No, we don't since DBD doesn't even support keyboards on console.

@topic

You do not want EGC on Console. It's already toxic enough without it.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,468
    Options

I’m aware they don’t support keyboards on console..but this person had a desire for console users to be able to use endgame chat.

If that feature came to pass, which it never will and I don’t care if it does…console users, have the ability to put a keyboard in. It’s not hard.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,042
    edited February 25
    Options

I wake up and thank the devs every day we don't have EGChat on console. I've seen killers and teammates who are ready to bait you into a suspension or even escalate to a ban for inflammatory language. Maybe back 12 years ago on 360/ps3, but MS and Sony been coming down hard with their reporting system on the newest consoles.

• LuckyJewel
    LuckyJewel Member Posts: 118
    Options

I wish if they can do that but they won't, because if they wanted this to happen, they would have featured it since 2020 of the crossplay release date.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 526
    Options

Xbox players are some of the most toxic players I've came across in DBD. I played on console for about 2 years before moving to PC about a year ago and regardless of how you play you get very abusive private messages from 80% of Xbox survivors. To the point it's borderline harassment and you need to turn off direct messages outside of friend list.

In contrast it's actually very rare that I get any abuse on PC these days. Happens occasionally and it's generally being called a camper or tunneler but most of the the people don't actually say anything or you get occasional GG.

Xbox players also like to excessively tbag at any opportunity even if they completely suck at the game. Yes tbaggin happens on all platforms, but Xbox players have a special love for it.

Having experienced what the Xbox playerbase is like I honestly don't think having any communication enabled directly from console is a good idea. It would honestly open up a whole new level of toxicity in end game chat that you really don't want to experience.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984
    Options

Same way console players can send messages with each other. It pops up a keyboard on screen when you select the chat box. Currently even if you DO decide to replay with ppl from other platforms, you can't even exchange discord IDs in the lobby screen.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 204
    Options

The amount of times my son has been told to kill himself because he won is pathetic and these people really need help with their anger issues.

Two people in my work have had to lay a child into a grave recently and no parent deserves that hurt and grief.

No parent wants to outlive their child/children and if that's a comment you make then shame on you.

Oh it's just in fun.

You say it's just in fun to my work mates one of whom has unopened Christmas presents bought for his son.

No, end game chat should be banned and trust me op you don't need it.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 421
    Options

If anything they need to remove post game chat from PC as well.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

console overwatch and console Roblox both have chat functions so I know it could work in this game

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited February 26
    Options

I’d probably skip it anyway.

If a actual negativity filter was a thing, end game (and even in game) chat would be worthwhile.

EDIT: Also, we probably wouldn’t would see/hear anyone speaking very much😄

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,213
    Options

Postgame chat is awful and you're not missing out. I often lets survs go and all that, I get some ggs, but most of it is toxic af. Funny enough, people are most toxic when they win or the match was close. When they get stomped it's just quiet.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited February 26
    Options

Console chat is 100% more wholesome than the ingame chat.

Probably because the toxic players disable it. I've found if a fellow PlayStation player has their messages open, they're almost never negative and it's GG's and great banter all-round.

Although the threat of losing your entire PSN account if moderated, rather than just a single game, could be a factor there.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,292
    Options

As much as Id like post game chat to praise a good killer and tell survivors that are teabagging in the gates to grow up and leave, but most people would abuse it by being bitter, nasty and abusive. 8 out of 10 msgs I receive on PS5 are survivors having a pop at me despite never camping or trying to not tunnel, even when they escape 🤦‍♂️

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

I've been DDOS'd countless times.

Told to kill myself.

Racial slurs.

Sexist/Homophobic slurs.

EGC has nothing on console chat, but it's still ######### and I would hate to see it be ANOTHER avenue for abuse.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,300
    Options

There's many other features that console DBD needs that's a much higher priority imo.

M&K support, graphic settings, basic controller settings, 60fps, etc.

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 107
    Options

Interesting idea, but believe me, it's not worth it. The best thing you can do is switch off the endgame chat.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    edited February 26
    Options

Why? So you can revel in the joys of the toxic end game chat cesspool while struggling to enter text at 1/4 the speed of someone with a keyboard?

Sounds like fun.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options

There's no real need for it. People can send messages if they really wanted to, and the idea of putting it in to "see how everyone acts" comes across as it being placed there as a social experiment than a genuine desire to send good vibes to everyone.

• Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 227
    Options

I see where you're coming from, but I feel like in the long term it would just be an avenue for more toxicity. If we don't have a keyboard hooked up, then we're going to spend forever typing out statements and responses.

They implemented console chat in Overwatch when they added crossplay, and, aside from "ggs", people only really used it to complain. The only message I remember that wasn't a "gg" is some dude in a Quickplay game who told us to "maybe touch grass" when we were winning.

I don't think us console players are missing much without End Game Chat.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,032
    Options

As someone who switched from console to pc. it's not really worth adding. it's usually empty, gg, some weird random crap, or toxicity.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,189
    Options

As long it's optional like on PC i wouldn't mind.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    Options

Better question is who would stick around to wait for a console player to type out messages? Most people just want to go next.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 339
    Options

From the messages I have seen my friends get on Xbox please let the console players be in chat. A breathe of new life compared to the usual gg. Also it’s sad when playing survivor side and not everyone can chat in the pre game lobby.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I personally would not care for this as typing on the playstation pop up virtual keyboard is a pain in the oh my. It's not quick or easy to do. Also pass on all the salt.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know. I use the "keyboard" on my TV to log in to various streaming services so I assume you do not spend several minutes with a sentence using the controller only.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,300
    Options

Exactly. I'm dubious how many consolers actually went out and paid for a comparable keyboard.

• Darkest_Night
    Darkest_Night Member Posts: 143
    Options
  • Darkest_Night
    Darkest_Night Member Posts: 143
    edited February 29
    Options
  • HeroLives
    edited February 29
    Options

Not me I have the PlayStation app which I use my phone being synced to type messages, that only works for built in PlayStation to PlayStation chat though. A dbd version id ignore bc it will just prompt the virtual pop up via controller and I hate that, and im not going out of my way to hook up a keyboard to type in EGC, others might would and like that. Like if it was introduced I wouldn’t be mad, I can simply not use it.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 977
    edited March 1
    Options

It’s so strange isn’t it? How negativity is in greater magnitude than the positivity. Not just in quantity but in quality.

On the negative side you have insults galore.

On the positive side you have what? “gg”? Even when a really nice message or compliment is typed out it seems so under appreciated.

This is why I am in anonymous mode, because what’s the point in exposing your name to risk when there’s so much downside and hardly any benefit or no real camaraderie?

Post edited by HerInfernalMajesty on
  • Bafugaboo
    Options

I give positive feedback and get positive interactions. I will get positive messages 90% of the time in post game chat. If you hide from the chat and Beloit is from bad comments is it due to your play style?

• Lost_Boy
    Options

It's completely the opposite on Xbox. PC endgame chat is like a PG movie in comparison to some of the messages I used to get sent after matches on Xbox.

• HeroLives
    Options

PlayStation can also be super toxic, I don’t send anything to anyone unless something was questionable, to be like hey did you guys notice that too? Or to like tell the killer I liked their skin they had on bc it looked cool bc they spent money on it and it does look good. I know they can’t see it, but I can and appreciate the aesthetic.

• Bafugaboo
    Options

My friends showed me some of their Xbox messages. You are 100% correct. That probably has to do with less ban restrictions and even if they got a consequence it wouldn’t disable their game.

• HeroLives
    edited March 1
    Options

On PS you can send in super toxic messages to their team, if they’re being extra gross and you absolutely can get x amount of time banned on PS as a whole.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 547
    Options

I think they should remove it entirely to be honest. The amount of times I’ve been told to KMS is crazy. I know you can turn it off but sometimes I flick it back on just to see if they are talking trash out of morbid curiosity.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

Oh you sweet summer child.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 312
    Options

I'd really like to at least have the option of it. I often want to give props to a particularly helpful teammate, or a nice killer, but can't due to different platforms. I have a mini keyboard that attached to my controller, so it wouldn't take ages to type either.

• Lost_Boy
    Options

What's even worse is that if you reply with something like f off then you get message ban for X amount of days regardless of what toxic drivel you got sent in the first place.

Luckily you can just block all messages outside of your friend list so you don't have to deal with the drama.