Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why Killers dodge P100 Survivors?

Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
edited February 29 in General Discussions

I played againts many many P100 Survivors and I can tell you most of them aren't even good. Plenty of them trow themselfs on hooks for any small issue, many of them don't even loop well, trow games, etc. Usualy they are just avarage or below avarage Survivors.

P100 = don't equal SKILL.

This is same for Killers. I faced some P100 mains and some of them don't play better than your avarage P3 Wesker.

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Human psychology.

Seeing higher numbers makes you believe it's gonna be try-hard survivors. At least that's what i am thinking the reason of dodges.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026

Everyone knows that prestige doesn't match skill, and everyone knows that raising a survivor's prestige is easier than a killer's. What the killer is afraid of is that if all the survivors are Prestige 100, their SWF rate will be high.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

I would not say it is easier. I would say it is easier to increase the Prestige-Level of a Killer, because Killers get more BPs than Survivors. So they level up faster.

However, it is more Common to see P100-Survivors, simply because many people only play one Survivor. But people usually play a variety of Killers.

I also dont think that Prestige says anythign about the SWF-Rate. Especially if we consider that P100s are not rare anymore, you can have a bunch of low level-Prestige Characters in a Lobby and yet all of them can have P100-Characters.

@Topic:

I honestly dont really experience to be dodged or tunneled because of my Prestige. I get dodged a lot more since my profile is not private anymore and people see my hours, but before that, I got dodged less, even when using a P100-Survivor.

That being said, the problem is dodging in general. Therefore, removing information for the Killer by hiding prestige and hiding profiles as well should be the key.

Because in the end, there is not really an indicator that a P100-Survivor is good. In fact, you can reach P100 on a Character without ever playing them. Or even playing the respective role. Just as Survivor you have less ways to spend your BPs, because it makes 0 sense to put BPs into other Survivors than your favourite.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 898

Players will use any information they can get to figure out if they are going to have a hard match. Some players refuse to accept that they have to deal with hard matches sometimes and will use whatever information there is to lobby shop for an easier one. If survivors could see info on the killer they are about to face, many survivors would do the exact same thing.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I dodge p100 survivors, when they are my teammates.

Never had a decent match, when i didn´t dodge. They either are bored or terrible.

• Brix
    Brix Member Posts: 129

P100s are either sweatlords or they give up on first down. Neither is really enjoyable to go against.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited February 29

Pretty sure it was back in early 2023 (EDIT: maybe during a Summer event of 2022?) when there was a Lunar New Year event that midway thru coincided with a Double BP special that (I’m pretty sure) Devs gifted the community to compensate for something that negatively impacted everyone.

Think that’s how it happened.

Anyway, every match was 5 100+% BP offerings with Double BP aside from that.

Every match was upward of 100k, with some farming matches achieving much higher.

Everyone was, even newer players were, able to P100 at least 1 character; and Many people were multi-P100’ing.

P100 means nothing of necessarily equating to higher skill level.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238
    edited February 29

They're bad at the game. The only reason you would dodge a P100 in 2024 is a lack of confidence which stems from being bad. People who do this want what they perceive as an easy match against less experienced players. They see a P100 and think "wow this guy might actually beat me and damage my fragile ego". I agree with the general sentiment that P100s are not significantly better anyway. I have multiple P100 survivors and I am only decent at the game. I'm hardly a DBD god. I think it's also worth noting that a lot of people have P100s in this game and just choose not to play on them. When my lobby receives a lot of dodges I will often see my teammates switch to a lower prestige character so we can actually get a killer who stays. I do this at times as well.

• botwhisperer1
    botwhisperer1 Member Posts: 7

This is sooo true it's practically a meme.

P100 actually means disconnecting 100% of the time.

For me I don't dodge the lobbies because the p100s always swap to the 100 character two seconds before the match starts. If they go down first it's insta dc before they even reach the hook sometimes. Or if they discover that their 3 man flashlight squad doesn't work against my lightborn, they dc cause, unfair waste of thier time apparently.

About lack of skill, they tend to have some skill. They've played enough matches to earn 120 million bps to prestige that high, they've picked up some game knowledge. That's why I think they dc at first down.

"I'm p100 I don't need this, I earned the right to win".

And if they don't dc, they are some of the most aggressively toxic players. Like not just tea bagging to be toxic, but actively going out-of thier way to make it clear they want you to have a bad time toxic behaviour.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

To be fair, if i hook suicide with my p100, then its usually because "why the heck is this one guy in the basement walking in circles? Why is the second one hidding behind a bush on the other side of the map while the killer is here with me? Why had noone touched a single gen in the 2-3 minutes i run the killer?" P100 gives you enough game experience to tell you where that match is going, even if the killer cant see it yet.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

The vast majority of p100s and really anyone above Prestige 50 for me are usually really good and far better at the game than I am. I have a miserable time playing against them so for my own mental wellbeing I dodge them.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,538

Really? Ah, I shouldn't have missed that.

My Freddy would be a P100 by now.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 682

fear, they want a chill day or they don´t wanna to get better

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 328

I can only speak for myself but it's completely a mental thing for me. When I see a high prestige number, I admittedly think I'm about to go into a match with survivors who have lot more hours than I do and are going to try hard. I know p100 doesn't mean much in skill but I can't help to psych myself out. I psych myself out so much that I make mistakes I shouldn't and make the match I have in vision the reality. I have the same issue when seeing a TTV. The difference is I can hide survivors names so I don't see who I'm going against but I can't do that with prestige levels. This is why as a killer main I hate seeing others prestige levels and wish they just hide that information.

It's not just that either tho. Personally I also don't think the MMR system is working half the time and we have no info on rather we being matched with others in our skill level. We have to just "trust" the system with no real information if the system is working or not. I used not want to see my MMR score or anything but after playing Hunt Showdown I changed my mind. I enjoyed seeing my MMR in that game because it gave me a decent picture of the lobby I just was in and I could see that the other players were in or close to my MMR. Now I wish DBD had something like that as well.

Overall I think it's both a psychology thing and the fact we just don't have any info on what our opponents skill level even is going into a match.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,521

The only reason to P100 is to show off your number in the lobby so it's best to give them as much lobby time as possible to make them happy.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,420

This. Which leads to...

They're just frightened baby killers. They'll get the courage the Entity desires eventually! This is me being optimistic. :)

• ChuckingWong
    ChuckingWong Member Posts: 357

I mean I p100'ed my ada during the anniversary so it has like 1000 terrormisus and all the items I will ever need. Thats why I use it.

Bunch of toxic assumption's in here about p100's that you can apply to every single player in this game though.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,483

I have P100 in almost every lobby, I don't see any point in avoiding them. If I were dodging, I would probably spend three times as much time searching for a match as I would on the match itself.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 382

There's something called correlation. More hours correlates to higher skill, but the R-squared is definitely <1.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
  • TheNameIsGilgamesh
    TheNameIsGilgamesh Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 22

Insecurities.

• Xyvielia

omg he’s not P100 yet!? haha That’s yer dood!

We’re gonna have a party when you level Freddy up to 100🥳 Let’s Gooo! 💯

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,538

Ah, I wasn't really playing when the prestige change happened, but I do want to catch up with everyone who already finished the journey for their mains.

There aren't many P100 Freddies around, but I'll be happy to be one of them :)

• Xyvielia

Yeah, there aren’t many Freddys around, period… and I’ve yet to face a P100 Krueger.

fr, we’re about due for another Double BP session, maybz this summer🤞🏽

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

I don't dodge gamers because they're P100 or P00 like who cares? All players are a mixed bag, they either play well or they don't.

Also, you're not facing AI's, you're facing other people who can have an off-day, or maybe that match is their first of the day or in a long while, like why instantly assume?

I only dodge lobbies with gamers with numbers for names and very rare skins who seem sus AF. Otherwise, I couldn't care less what prestige they have.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,754

BP fundraiser for @GeneralV

We must come together as a community and get this proud Freddy main to P100.

Who's with me? 🙂

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

I don't get it either. The first few P100 survivors I encountered, I expected to be pretty damn good but it turned out they were just very normal players. By now, there are so many P100s, that I don't really give anything about that.

If it were a full P100 Ace squad though... Damn, I'd be scared.

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

why do they tunnel p100s?

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited March 1

I always find it funny when survs quickswitch to P100.

For me that's not the reason i tunnel, but the quickswitch to a strong item might be.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 803

I only dodge when it’s like 3am in morning cause usually I’m tired and insomnia and I’d prefer to have chill games at night