Please fix the "crouch tech" with urgency

Options

Devs have already declared in the past that the "crouch tech" is a bug and should be removed in the future, but that was months ago. We all forgot about it for some time since none of the affected killers were popular at the time (except for Blight, but from all the killers that are affected by this bug, he is affected the least) and now we are once again reminded of how dumb this bug is.

For anyone who is unaware of what is this bug: The "crouch tech" is a bug that has been in the game for a very long time that helps survivors avoid getting hit by certain killer powers. All they have to do is crouch as they are about to get hit (it's inconsistent among the affected killers though, for example, against Blight, it only works in very specific situations). I hope I'm not forgetting any names, but here is the list of killers that I know are affected: Hillbilly, Blight, Demogorgon.

About a year ago I used to have lots of fun with Demogorgon but gave up on the killer once I started getting paired more and more against players who knew about the "crouch tech". Every time I had to chase a survivor who knew about it, it was painful. I ended up giving up completely on the killer after one specific match where all 4 survivors knew about it and made my power nearly useless.

In my opinion, Demo is the killer that suffers the most from this bug, but having to relive this now with Billy after his rework is still extremely painful. Thank god it's not like Demo where it might work even from a close distance, but it doesn't mean it's tolerable. I feel robbed that my opponent can get away after being outplayed by simply pressing a button. In the shack, good luck trying to curve and get a survivor who knows about the bug.

I feel pity for those who are trying to learn the killer right now having to deal with this exploit getting popular again.

Oh, and before someone shows up to say it, yeah I also want Blight's hug tech to be fixed as well.

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,709
    Options

Shame it's considered a bug, i didn't realize. I thought it was similar to just dodging an attack. It's handy against Hillbilly atm with his buff.

• notJustDante
    notJustDante Member Posts: 96
    Options

Well, since it's not bannable I don't think anyone can judge you for using it. It's not the players' fault that this is in the game

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

Its very silly, it seems to be mainly with killers who have their camera locked in place vertically when using their power because the devs didn't think people would crouch, or be on a staircase

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,200
    Options

Blight can actually avoid the issue by flicking down as you swing and it only works when he's going down stairs/ramps

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 225
    Options

That's a nice buff you got there Mr. Hillbilly, it'd be a shame if you were to get outplayed by crouching 😂

Seriously, I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Why remove it anyway?

I don't think it's gamebreaking. It's just something extra survivors can learn.

I wouldn't remove neither this, or killer's techs. It just makes game more interesting in my opinion.

Rather than trying to nerf survivor's hitbox, they could simply buff Demogorgon's shred...

• Cryopier
    Cryopier Member Posts: 47
    Options

Doesn't seem like it should be bug. If a killer swings for your upper body and you duck under it, why wouldn't it miss?

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not by logic. It matters if it is intended feature by developers or not.

I don't think it should get removed tho.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,312
    Options

We are literally talking about a 1 button counter to different killers. You don't do anything skillful for it to work.

It works consistently no matter how good the killer plays. Because there is simply nothing you can do against a correctly executed crouch tech. Neither with Demogorgon nor with Hillbilly (Blight technically has the capability to do something against it).

Your suggestion to buff Demogorgon's shred would still remove crouch techs against him. So it would come down to the same result. Although, I can see a few potential issues that would come with this. Like Demogorgon getting stuck on things. The same goes for the other 2 killers that are affected by it.