The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Adrenaline is being added to the perk watchlist for potential changes (nerfs)

124»

Comments

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

It's one of the last remaining perks that actually does something useful for survivors - so sure it's on the list now.

It is powerful endgame, but so is noed - even with the totem aura read.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 680

Adrenaline is a problem, because of the mindset which this perk gives. Survivors just do gens without any healing or anything.

Survivor right now can use very braindead build which is:

1 Windows Of Opportuniy - "W" to every Pallet or Window on your patch (predrop) - every map has enough resourcers to do that

2 Exhaustion Perk (mostly Lithe - good combo with Windows Of Opportuniy - even a bad player with these perks can make 1 minute chase)

3 Deja Vu - basically Survivor don't need to use their experience or whatever - they see most important gens auras to do and they can do gens even faster (it's crazy that with Resilence it can boosts it to 15%)

4 Adrenaline - DO GENS, pop adrena - everyone is healed gg

With Adrenaline good SWF don't need Med Kits - they gonna use Toolboxes to do gens even faster to pop adrena

That's the problem

In my opinion Adrenaline should give only 5 seconds speed boost and maybe Endurance Status Effect for X seconds to prevent things I mentioned above.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

So it was a problem when survivors healed too much and now it's a problem when they don't heal.

There will always be something to complain about. Continuing to nerf survivor when there's hard evidence the escape rates are the lowest they've ever been is super interesting.

Adrenaline is fine as is. If survivors are playing injured on the last two gens then that gives you an advantage in chase, plain and simple.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

In a way, yes, thats the problem. 3-4 heal medkits and 8s selfheals were problematic, and so were unlimited teamwide selfheals for everyone, so that got nerfed. But now survivors are completely bypassing the slowdown that healing should give and instead focus and do-or-die gen slam builds with Resilience and Adrenalin; thus its not 5 gens, it more feels like 4,3gens, the last gen often flies so fast that you might miss it when you blink.

DBD always shows that players are not willing to play the game like the devs want, but the way they want. The devs can influence the way the game and meta develop, but they can't force anyones hand and its always a true balancing act on the razors edge. Texas Chainsaw is seeing massive player exodus, because they forced their playerbase too much to roleplay the movies and the role they chose and somewhat actively fighting the competitive meta evolving.

Its interesting to watch from the sidelines, but of course I want DBD to thrive and survive. I guess we will have to accept a couple of broken stuff, as long as it isnt too broken and strangling the game to death .. like DH did twice (or trice ... I might have lost count) and MFT in its haydays. And of course Overbrine and Eruption. BuckleUp and FTP is disgusting to face, and Adrenaling can be problematic when you try to spread the love, but everyone has Adrenalin and poof goes all your pressure, but all of this is nowhere near the level of old DH/MFT/Eruption, thats why I have mostly argued in favor of Adrenalin, these last couple of days. Its true, you can't always move the goalpost and ask for the removal of the next best thing, some stuff needs to be kept.

But I wouldn't mind if people could slot in different exhaustion perks into Adrenalin, this could open up more fun combos then just sprint bursting away.

• Nebula

It's common game design knowledge that you once you release the game, you balance around how it's played, not how you wanted it to be played. That's a huge reason why there are so many gripes with this game. The 60% kill rate was cited to be benchmarked because they want killer to be the power role and fit the theme of a horror game. This game is not played like a horror game, that's where the huge disconnect is. The devs have a vision that is not reality. No one has played the game like they wanted people to since 2016.

They couldn't even get people to play Lights Out like a horror game, it's just too deep in it's life cycle to be viewed as this.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 561

TBH, i only think Adrenaline becomes a problem in SWF, since it can be used to really strong plays.

Maybe the only change the thing that you're healed if you're on hook or in being carried by the killer.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,820

Good catch. I thought I’d referenced NOED as providing the haste since it’s typically paired with Terminus and other end-game perks. I edited the comment. It should make sense now. :)

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,820

While you’re correct about balancing around reality, not ideology, IIRC a 60% kill rate equals out to a roughly 50-ish% win rate (that is, a 3K+) for killers. If the devs truly want realism, then they should be shooting for a killrate of around 90%. That would be conducive to an environment where only one survivor ( Final Girl/Guy ) potentially makes it out of a trial alive.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437

First of all, pop and pain res are far stronger than any perk in this game. Both give free wins and make survivors loose before the endgame even starts.

Adrenalin: The killer already had plenty of chances to kill everyone and this perk rewards the players for surviving to the endgame, which is difficult enough. In the endgame survivors should simply have an slight upper hand and deactivating AN ONE TIME USE ENDGAME PERK is just not fair and like I said, it can also never activate or affect you negatively.

Even when it heals you off hook you can still get the other person and then they have to return for the safe or leave. You could also play NOED, which makes this perk almost worthless.

In solo q teammates often don‘t open the gates before unhooking, which then only gives some time.

This perk was never a problem and now it suddenly is, because all other survivor perks got nuked.

Even when calm spirit (without any buffs) will be the strongest survivor perk, because all stronger perks got nuked, killers would complain about it. It isn‘t funny anymore.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

When they made it. That's the point of the perk to give a few health state at the endgame.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,818

The only issues I have with Adrenaline is it waking you up and healing you to full after being unhooked. Remove those and I think it's fine.

• Draco_Phoenix
    Draco_Phoenix Member Posts: 5

Honestly I think Adrenaline is fine for the most part. However there is zero counter play to the perk other then tunneling out the survivor who has it but that strategy doesn't help because you cant know who has it. NOED is the only viable counter which NOED has tons of counter play can be cleansed before even happens. Shows its aura and is gone once destroyed. The broken part of the perk is this you get healed if you escape the killers grasp if you get unhooked and it wakes you up from freddy those things on the perk should be removed. It's a free escape the part where it heals where all gens are complete sure keep it keep the temporary speed boost. there is a reason 95% of survivors run Adrenaline. If it wasn't in every match I played in just like windows another perk that should be nerfed it literally stops a survivor having to loop it shows you everything maybe be on cool down.

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 386

The fact they're considering nerfing ANYTHING about survivor right now when it's in this state is mind-boggling. These devs are so out of touch.

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 680

Before Med Kits were the problem, because you could heal yourself very fast and multimple times. Being injured gives Killer Advantage in chase... it doesn't. It's not easier to get a hit - you need 1 hit Okay, but after 1st chase 3 gens are done mostly and then just pray

• Nebula

This is just my experience, but in my matches playing either side, the first down happens at 4-5 gens way more often than 3 popping after first chase.

Running lethal or corrupt almost always guarantees me a down before gens are able to be popped unless the first person you chase is the best player.

• camping_site
    camping_site Member Posts: 136

of course it should work like it is. Survivor basically plays with 3 perks whole game to maybe get value in the endgame. Killers can camp for free the last hook, so he just has to down the saver.

Every single usable survivor perk is being scrutinized how “fair” it is. At the same time proxy camp/tunneling meta is not solved ( perks like deadlock are huge enablers for that), killers with ping over 100 ms are still rewarded with bs hits and so on.