The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Adrenaline is being added to the perk watchlist for potential changes (nerfs)

Comments

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 406

It does look to be a swf “nerf”. Like many have said solo survivors do not usually take this. If they change it to be more useful for a solo that could be a good move.

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 314

All I can add to this is when I'm playing killer and I work hard to get everyone injured and then as I'm chasing someone - suddenly them and everyone else gets healed with a speed boost - it feels bad man.

The one thing I can see them updating is getting rid of the haste or make it have a count down before it heals you - like syringe add ons

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871

And yet, yes, there is a perk that counteracts Adrenalin. 

• Little_Kitten

Most certainly because they don't take their own content sufficiently into consideration? But the best people to answer your question are the developers themselves...

• Little_Kitten

What handicaps the killer the most, when he faces Adrenalin, isn't really the speed boost, nor the fact that the survivor can get up on his own, it's rather the fact that the survivor is fully healed. And Terminus won't let him.

That said, the developers could completely modify Terminus and make it cancel ALL adrenaline effects, which would make it a perfect counter. 

• BlackMindPrime
    BlackMindPrime Member Posts: 7

What's interesting about it? It's a perk that is great for survivors. Of course it's getting chopped. All great perks for survivors are all gonna be changed to be non usable unless you are so skilled you are a robot. That's the future of survivors. Playing it at robot high level to succeed. New players be damned.

• SadNHungry
    SadNHungry Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

All I get from this is that it’s only killer mains who are complaining, it takes 5 GENS to see this perk activate once, and as a killer main myself, it is one of the most balanced perks, in the entire game. Don’t like adrenaline, run noed, play plague, play DS and juts spear them. There is so much you can do to stop this perk. Even better, just don’t let them get to end game, just play good and well, and it doesn’t matter what mmr your at, you’ll never see the effect of adrenaline again.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,122
    edited February 29

One person running the perk is fine. However when 2-3 people cranking out gens injured get healed when popping the last gen, it's not a good feeling.

It's probably one of the reasons why slowdown perks are heavily favored. Preventing endgame means potential endgame perks like Adren and Hope are neutralized

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

If you're able to hit a survivor with Noed, you get the value of the perk and have a free hook, possibly a kill. Doesnt matter if cleansed later. And the counter to Adrenaline is 5 Gens not finish.

Worse than Hope. Great short burst help survivors to reach to a title, after reaching a title, you're on your own. While small Haste help survivors to loops in the title.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

I think Adrenaline is mostly fine, its a risk perk in that you may get zero value out of it if your team doesn't do gens.

The main problems happen, as with so much in DBD, with a SWF on comms where I think it can be used unfairly where the SWF member with Adren can bait last chase while the team pumps out last gen.

Or when I whole SWF has Adren and that last gen pops and everyone who was injured is suddenly full health... yeah not a nice feeling. So I can see why they may look at this perk as sadly we have to account for the small percentage of players who will abuse a perk

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 293

One Adrenaline in a game might be fine and balanced, but when I get hit by two to four I wonder why I did not tunnel someone out.

• C3Tooth

How many times Noed got cleansed before you hit a survivor compared to Adrenaline that didnt have a chance to active? May I ask?

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 293

Imagine making an account to show this level of ignorance. All of your arguments sidestep the issue. Just don't play at all and you won't get to experience Adrenaline, too.

• C3Tooth

What if they take always the extra health state, but remove all the negative effects? Thats what I think what Devs planning to do.

• D3spair
    D3spair Member Posts: 715

This is like saying, Since Calm Spirit counters Ultimate Weapon, Ultimate Weapon doesn't need any changes.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 535

"Adrenaline wakes you up".

Boo!! Booooooooo!

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I hate the times where I am THAT close to catching a wounded survivor and then BAM the last gen pops, they heal and sprint away T_T

One time I downed a Felix and the very second he hit the ground POP and he jumped up and sprinted away. So mean.

But that's just perks in action and are the fair applications of this perk. As many said, the way it holds is charge while on the hook feels a bit punishing and you can't rant so anything about it.

For a while I ran a lot of Terminus and smirked internally to every broken survivor when the last gen popped, but after playing with it for a while I noticed that it wasn't that important that much and another perk serves me better all match.

And that's the thing: we can't always demand a basekit solution, if we have another option. You can't have the cake and eat it, you gotta decide what's more important to you. If you want a perks effect as basekit, but don't wanna make room in your loadout for its effect, then you don't really need it that much, you just want to "have your cake and eat it, too".

In some cases baskit nicht be warranted, but every time it happens, it slims down perk variety, because peeps can keep their full meta loadout without sacrificing anything.

I've change for Adrenalin I could see is this: when it pops while picked up and getting hauled around, you trigger a DS like skill check and jump off the killers shoulder, but you got to use it immediately and not hold on to it till everyone had a chance to reset and swarm the hook.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Adrenaline has been strong for years now and since people are wanting the meta to shift by buffing and needing perks make sense they will be touching old perks even if they are considered "balanced" Killers lost STBFL now its survivors turn with Adrenaline

Either Remove the health state gain or the speed boost I would prefer the health state gain gets removed.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 498

yeah no one is using the perk if they remove the health state, that is the only reason why people use it in the first place

• C3Tooth

Except Calm Spirit doesnt. Only half of it (screaming). The most annoying part of UW is blocking slugged and hooked teammates aura.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

I am not surprised in the slightest bc the plays that can come out of adrenaline at it's finest. I am more shocked it took this long for them to look at it, considering how teammates love to team up with this perk in swfs with plans.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

if you say the counter is to not let the gens get finished you say you are cool with stomp fests. the gens should be finished or the mmr fckt up again and paired uneven.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 498

And most people arent. The perk is fine how it is. Endgame perk that activates one time if the survivors do their objective. The equivalent to no way out

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,898
    edited February 29

The one reason I want Adrenaline nerfed is for all the times I see 3 of my teammates running it, with no gen progression or healing perks, and we all get smashed while constantly in a giant unhook and heal circle jerk where we end up with 7 hook stages with 4 gens left to repair.

Yes you have Adrenaline... it only works if you progress gens 😑

It has a similar problem to Distortion. It's bloody annoying, and a lot of the players who use it are usually playing super safe, doing nothing and waiting for other people to complete the gens for them or die so they can escape.

... and ofc for Freddy, whether he gets reworked or not.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Plus the value of Adrenaline can be pretty minimal. Sure, it sucks if you chase someone who is injured and they get Adrenaline, but more often it will happen that they are healthy somewhere and just get the Speedboost.

And I am pretty sure that people who play against Adrenaline and dislike it just remember the situations where it was actually good. But if you look at the scoreboard in the end, you will see tons of Adrenalines which had no impact (either because the Survivor was dead before all Gens are done or because they were not injured or in a chase when all Gens were done).

• C3Tooth

Have you thought of the case of Adrenaline user dies before 5 Gens done and other 3 still live?

• Akumakaji

That's the thing. Nothing wrong with a perk giving value, that's its purpose. And an endgame perk should have a strong effect, that's part of its design. I actually wish that Terminus had some effect after he exit gates are opened, like maybe for 45-60s afterwards, right now it's effect is pretty limited and shortlived, but it still does what it should. Same with Adrenaline.

The one aspect of Adrenaline thats a bit skewed is the fact that many survivors opt to stay injured and blast through the last gen, not healing at all. And with 3-4 Adrenaline in play, this totally screws the killer. Healing takes longer, so no one heals but relies on Adrenaline, the last gen flies faster then the first one, in such a scenario. But I have no solution to offer and am not complaining enough that I ask for a change of this aspect.

DH and MFT needed to go, Adrenaline and Distortion don't.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,819
    edited March 2

Pt. 1.) Calm Spirit doesn’t fully counter Ultimate Weapon. You’re still blinded and //when paired with NOED as is often the case// the killer keeps their haste.

Pt. 2.) NOED and Terminus deftly counter Adrenaline for two reasons: They shut down pivotal points of survivor gameplay. NOED leaves you exposed and thereby a 1-shot down, and Terminus prevents the heal from happening at all as you’re broken.

Post edited by Ayodam on
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

All assume nerfs, reality Devs will make it stronger. 😆

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

I actually can’t believe people think Adrenaline of all perks is OP….

This really goes to show there’s very few survivor perks to go after for being “OP”.

This perk has stayed unchanged for 7 years and all the sudden it’s OP when survivor escape rates are at an all time low? Something doesn’t add up here.

• Akumakaji

DH had stayed nearly unchanged in the game for what, 5ys? And everyone knew how overused and probably overtuned, if not overpowered, it was, so the time itself is not an indicator for anything.

That being said, I am more or less in favor of keeping Adrenaline as is, but there is nothing wrong in bringing attention to how overused it is, the second most played perk in my matches as killer (36,54% usage rate, only topped by WoO at 42,31%) and it totally influences how games play out. But other then DH, it doesn't suffocate the game in its stranglehold.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 478

If Adrenaline had a low pick rate it wouldn't be a problem, it's the pickrate that makes it a problem coz when 3-4 of the team all heal at once it pretty much kill the endgame.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    edited February 29

Didn't count and neither did you

Also, hits don't matter, only kills. Survivors don't measure their win in how many gens were done.

Post edited by PotatoPotahto on
  • Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,967

The nerf is gonna be

-speed boost removed

-doesn't wake you up against the Nightmare

-doesn't work if you are being carried or are on the hook

-doesn't work if you are exhausted

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,408

Im beginning to think BHVR wants solo'Q to be less fun to promote 'playing with friends'. Its more likely to get more players to the game. But I've noticed a lot of people lately using 'my team mates suck so nerf these perks.'

Isn't that kind of a terrible reason to nerf something? I'm open to discussing this. Im curious about other perspectives. TY

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,738
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

NOED was nerfed. So Adrenaline inevitably also will receive a nerf.

Same coin, different side.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,898

It was more a joke really, I consider Adrenaline pretty much balanced outside of the Freddy thing. It's annoying AF to eat one, but it's balanced.

Personally I'd prefer if it recovered exhaustion rather gave a 5s speed boost, so you still had to build around and tailor it to your playstyle, rather than slap it on any build and it just works... but I've been suggesting that for months and it gets shot down every time because people don't want to HAVE to take an exhaustion perk for it... and I've never passionate enough about that change to fight for it.

• botwhisperer1
    botwhisperer1 Member Posts: 7

Folks, the whole nerfing perks thing seems to cause confusion.

If a perk is showing up in too many lobbies, it'll get nerfed, regardless of its strength. Personally I see at least 1-2 adrenaline in every match.

I see dead hard in every match.

I see ultimate weapon in almost every match. I see STBFL in almost every match.

See the pattern emerging?

Mix up your builds Folks, or see your favorites get the axe for over use.

Example of Up and coming nerf I see happening...

Chuckys stupid over used swap, reveal and expose the obsession every time you hook someone perk. Ya it'll get axed cause yall killers would rather see it nerfed then use a different perk once in awhile.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396
    edited February 29

My point about it being unchanged for so long was more so to point out why of all times is this now considered a perk that should be nerfed? When survivor escape rates are at the lowest they've ever been and the perk literally requires you to get to end game to activate. Yes, it's a strong perk, even stronger when used in coordination and planned out, but it's a reward for doing your objective, like Pain Res, Grim Embrace, etc.

Edit: Also wanted to add that I don't think pick rates should at all be indicative of something that should be nerfed. I think windows is the best perk in the game for new players and is honestly a necessity for them, it would be an absolute shame if this perk was nerfed just because it's the most played perk in the game.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808
    edited February 29

Most people are its had its time now its getting touched finally the ones who say arent are typical forum posters