The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What happened to "We love going against billy, he's fun!"

Comments

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,917

The only Billy specific thing you mentioned was the saw spamming.

Everything else can be applies to any killer.

• radiantHero23

Why are they too strong? What is the optimal power level in your opinion? I'm curious.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,269
    edited March 2

I don't DC against Billy but i have to admit im tired of seeing them. Today i saw 6 of them.

Most of these new age Billies play like... well not so nicely lets put it and i think the blue chainsaw cooldown is kinda buns.

You have to be in a really good loop to avoid it since he can just ram it back up instantly and if you are in bad spot its a down for sure.

All this being said i can still appreciate Billy and how hard he is to play i'm just tired of seeing 6-9 billies in 1 day.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Those are very good questions and both not easy to answer.

Billy is an almost perfect killer in my opinion. Skill expresson on both sides - and all he needs are two things. A little nerf on the missed cooldown (basekit) and an even smaller nerf on overdrive speed. It is so fast that even mediocre ping on either side is enough to no be able to juke it.

Blight is even harder to answer, but the zoning potential is in my opinion a little bit to good. Rush token recharg should be a tiny bit slower, on all charges maybe 0,5 seconds. A few addons are still questionable. Hug tec is a hot take, and one reason i like skill expresson on blight a lot, but it is probably to powerful. On the other hand, i would actually miss it.

Wesker is close to perfect in terms of power level, but some techs are simply to good and realisticly nothing you can do in certaint spots, especially when you are unaware how good this Wesker actually is. So to answer this question aswell: Optimal power level for me personally is A and B tier killer like Demogorgon, Huntress and Wesker with small changes on his techs.

On the other Hand, what means power level in terms of fun? I would rather face a cracked Blight 10 times in a row then one single bad Skull Merchant.

• radiantHero23

I think only one killer in the game is truly too strong. Against every other killer, you can use pallets and windows to some regard.

You literally can do absolutely nothing against a Nurse that is on point.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396
    edited March 3

I absolutely love playing against Billy, he’s been my favorite killer to face for the better half of 6 years now.

That being said, his cool down on his misses and tantrums, especially with add ons, severely hampers counterplay to him. You don’t really get rewarded when you make him miss now in the open, you just get zoned and tailgated.

To your subject of people DCing. I would guess that most people when they see 2 downs happen within 30 seconds of the match starting, know they already lost.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

That explains, I feel alot of Trapper, Myers, and some other low tier killer mains were fine with the performance. But mostly Nurse/Blight main always talk about how weak M1 killers are.

I was doing fine with Trapper, really, until realm update and new maps keep getting less and less grass. Then throwing 10 traps with Haste, its not how I want to play as Trapper. Set traps at loops then catch with Haste, its just no skill.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,409

Instasaw was never fun and was nerfed for good reasons. Making it basekit in the era of empty deadzone map reworks is even less fun.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 287

It's not fun losing against something overpowered in a video game.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 561

I am a killer main. I have been playing survivor more lately, but most of my hours in DBD are playing killing. And Billy is becoming the Skull Merchant with a chainsaw. I explain why.

Since they've changed his turning rate buff from 0,75s to 1,0 i've been facing Billy players that are sloppy but they still manage to get you with a very unreasonable curve. Like, i've bait one billy that i would jump the cow tree, but he almost missed and then turned right after me. Another thing is that his missed chainsaw cooldown is quite forgiving. Some just use the chainsaw to stop right after you then start revving in your face until you go down.

I really like the Billy idea and how he should play and how survivor should counter him, but the most recent changes made him quite like Skull Merchant: a quite strong character without needing too much skill to do good (and cracked Billies just pwn survivors on the ground without a doubt).

• radiantHero23
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,542

Honestly, I think Overdrive is more of a detriment to anyone who doesn't put a lot of hours into learning him. That kind of speed is extremely hard to control. It's even faster than old double engravings, which also weren't used by people who just tried him once or twice because they couldn't control that speed.

• North85
    North85 Member Posts: 111

I chalk it up to Billy fatigue. Now that he's a good killer, and fun to play as, lots of people play him, but people are tired of seeing him 10 times a day.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026

If you run out onto the road, you can't complain even if you get hit by a car. Survivors who don't learn how Billy can or cannot run will forever be hit by cars.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

We must face different survivors. I´ve seen survivors happily follow the trapper around the map, to disarm his traps.

Ok, let me phrase it differently. The most hated killer is the one with the highest kill rate. While Skull Merchant isn´t really that strong to begin with. At least not compared to Blight.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Oversaturation is a good point. Whenever a new killer releases or one gets a complete reword. The pick rate of that killer increases and survivors grow tired of facing the same killer every match. Which is one of the reason i play less during release weeks.

Which in turn shapes the view of the survivors that constantly face the same killer. Maybe its best to wait a few months to see how the perception of Billy changes

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 887

You should just play whoever and whenever you want. There's always going to be people that get frustrated and quit out. Don't go placing arbitrary restrictions on yourself because of those people.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I love playing against Billy I think people seem to forget before the original nerf Billy was widely regarded as a top 3 killer in the whole game , his ability to snowball is probably what's pissing alot of people off but I would argue they're just mad they have to use their brain

• xltechno

For example, Sadako was the most disliked character, and even today, many survivors still have the illusion that she is a strong killer because her abilities are not understood.

What is needed is practical counter knowledge, and it needs to be passed on in a way that even relatively casual players can understand. However, reflecting the opinions on this forum, it seems that no beginners are trying to acquire such knowledge, and even if they are given it, they are just throwing it away. Will everyone continue to complain to the management in unison until Billy Nerf is realized, without anyone understanding the trivia about anti Billy?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

What has this to do if people like the trapper or not? Its a strategy against Trapper. When i play against the Trapper or Hag, i might do that aswell, depending on how the round goes. Do i like the Trapper now? No, he is on the lower end of fun killers for me. Same with Hag.

You are not phrasing it differently - you are changing your argument.

Skull Merchant is freakin annoying to play against. And it has nothing to do that she is overpowered. You are around here since a long time and rading/posting frequently, so i doubt you are not aware why Skull Merchant has such a high winrate and what the issue with her is.

• The_Krapper

We have more than 4 viable killers people just refuse to play those other killers or change the same ######### build they run every match and then wonder why they lose, survivors have been so trash for the past six months I'm starting to believe all the really good players are gone now, ive been playing who people call the weakest killers and winning most of my games, how is that possible if there's only 4 killers viable? I'm nowhere near the best at this game if what you're saying is true I couldn't do that.

• TieBreaker

Tier lists are in some ways self-fulfilling prophecies. People often don't bother with killers that are considered weak. The same goes for characters in fighting games or guns in FPS games. So they go unexplored in current metas.

• The_Krapper

I probably shouldn't have responded to that person honestly but it's just getting really frustrating for me all my friends have quit playing so I main killer and I feel like it's too easy these days and I'm not saying that I don't run into a squad and have a bad game, but most my games are easily won now all the really strong loops I used to have to play around are gone on most maps , these people are literally running in dead zones majority of the time its just not fun it feels like I'm getting it for free, if they make it any easier I'm just gonna hang it up people are acting like it's still hard with all the regression and extended gen time, their heads would've exploded in the old days , sorry for the long reply back but I just miss being super invested in a hard chase and finally catching them because of something I did skillfully, not because BHVR nerfed things to the point I'm almost guaranteed to win that chase if I run it a certain way

• TieBreaker

Sorry to hear that your friends have stopped playing. I wish I could say that I can relate, but I've never got any of my friends to stick around and play survivor. All of them give up pretty fast except one who plays occasionally, and much like you, he only plays killer now. I can get them to do customs with me sometimes though, which can be fun.

Hopefully your friends return one day and you can get back to enjoying the game the way you used to.

• xltechno

In my area, the percentage of killer players who quit because the game was too hard is significantly higher than 1/4 of the survivors. If you include players who simply got bored and quit, there would probably be more survivors.

• The_Krapper

That was a long time ago when players quit due to difficulties, now they quit because both sides are stale the excitement isn't there for either really , survivor isn't hard it's just a boring gameflow in general you're just holding m1 too much if you're actually trying to survive the way they intend you to and if you want to switch it up with a troll build you're doing it at the other 3 survivors expense for fun

• The_Krapper

I appreciate it but I've been here a long time I've got over 15,000 hours in dbd I could probably use a lengthy break honestly, I might just start grinding helldivers instead

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

Helldivers is incredibly fun, I’d suggest giving it a try, especially if you can get some buddies to play with you

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 385

Im always had fun against billys and still have. His counter play is very intense and exiting, because he is always very close. The problwm with billy before where

1. He was to slow for good plays against trlly good survivors
    2. colisions
    3. difficulty to play
    4. addons where awful
    5. maps (objects on maps and tiles wher you cant curve)

The changes that where made are great, without changing the playstyle or counterplay. Most of the problems BHVR made for him where fixed so they feel way better for playing billy.

For me Billy as survivor feels the same exept, that he will apear more often. Before it was mostly toying with him. Now a billy match can be rlly entertaining.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

oh most definitely people really love the Unknown might be second or third in popularity with wesker being first his power is fun with a high skill ceiling and his instant teleport feels amazing im maining him for the foreseeable future

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

500 billies in a row does things to a man

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

I never liked going against one shot killers - but those curves are now insane.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,435

When i say viable, i mean in top tier mmr against the best survivors. There's a reason that every comp match and tournament has heavy survivor retstrictions.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,826

I still like playing against Billy. Still my favourite killer to face.

I can understand why people don't like how short his cool down is though. I think if they increased it slightly he wouldn't be as annoying to everyone.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 252

Because going against a killer that is weak and easy to bully is fun.

• The_Krapper

The last comp I saw go down was before all the gen regression , in this current state of dbd I'm not sure there even has been a big comp recently, and also killers are restricted from using certain perks I've been in quite a few tournaments and depending on who's hosting really determines that so you're really basing the restrictions off of what a content creator thinks not that those survivors needed them I would argue if you lifted the restrictions the same team would win anyway

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

Billy is a bit overtuned imo and where I live (OCE region) Billy is EXTREMELY popular to the point it is getting extremely monotonous versing him.

I mostly only play solo when I play survivor and some Billy games I cant get any gens done as I am constantly unhooking and/or trading hooks. Billy has incredible mobility and lethality with very little punishment for mistakes now

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

That was Billy-main propaganda spread from the day of his nerf. Billy has always been disgusting to go against.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,499

I think its just a case of oversaturation and if the billys good he can secure a down on a survivor very fast. The amount of survivors i run into with drift king because they are just running around with no thought is halarious. I think hes fine now that the mix was nerfed and he has a bit more of a cooldown. Playing with overheats cooldown for 3 years did things to me. Im just glad hes viable again. I will always love playing him.