The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Are devs fine with killers winning hundreds of games in a row?

sinkra
sinkra Member Posts: 386

I have never encountered any other pvp game where it's possible for even the best players to win hundreds of games in a row. There are killers going on these win streaks even while using no addons or perks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5PKg4HPjnE

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

Fair, but it obviously does not have a functioning mmr system? But isn't that something everybody should know by now? No offense but I really don't see another reasonable explanation for such streaks...

The issue however is how do you fix it? There are obviously not enough players to queue against on the same level... So either players just cannot play anymore at a certain point because they don't find matches or this just keeps going... And since this would also impact streamers as free advertisers I don't believe that this will change too much.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

You picked Blight though, who's (with Nurse) the only killer out of the 34 Killer roster who can accomplish this. So not the best example you couldve used

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657

The devs are fine with it hell alf is on a over 1k win streak

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,339

Also the video is 2 months old and Sadako was most recently changed just 2 months ago. This is likely a winstreak on her previous iteration.

But the game isn't being balanced over a handful of people who put the hours and practice into the game to secure such high winstreaks. If you see this winstreak and your first thought is that we should now nerf killers, you simply just hate people having more skill then you.

• Archol123

I wouldn't say it is limited to only these two, but sure it is most likely not possible with any killer. However I think One Pump Willie did over 100 wins in a row as Myers if I remember correctly?

As for the killer choice I just think that it needs to be a killer that is strong and able to display the skill difference... Like you can be the best player in the world and you are still not able to do this on Freddy just because of his limitations... The character is unable to match up to how good the player is. I guess it should be possible on the top 10 killers.

Well regardless of that, the point stays, if you as a normal player get matched against a comp player you cannot really expect to win, technically the killer should not even matter because of the skill difference. Imagine how unbalanced the game would be otherwise if you had a reasonable chance to do so... I mean you are not thinking you could outrun Usain Bolt, win against Serral in Starcraft 2 or win against Magnus Carlson in chess either, do you? Or to say it in another way, some killers in this game are so bad that even with that massive difference in skill you still cannot consistently win as much as you should if it was balanced. (as a comp player that is...)

And to be clear about that, I'm not saying every killer should be as strong as Nurse or Blight, but I think every killer should be strong enough to win consistently against the survivors if you are (that much) better than them. Obviously not if both sides are equally skilled, but with a massive gap in skill of course it should be one sided.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

People doing streaks could just queue up in the casual queue.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 626
  • fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,465

Are we really going to discuss the downsides of a system that doesn't exist?

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

They definitely dont. And tbh, i really dont care. Killer players are gonna do what they wanna do. Be sweaty, slug for a 4k, tunnel, camp; anything if they want to keep the streak going. Be it ruining a players experience or draining the spirit of an overall casual game

• Archol123

No, I think eternal did an escape streak like a year ago, however they brought 1 perk each and no items and got a comp Blight or something with the full setup... So I would much rather take Hens streak with like 230 wins in a row or so? Because they took perks, but no items.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359

SWFs do it too, its just less common because its harder to find 4 cracked players with great teamwork.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651
    edited March 6

You're saying this like there haven't been survivor win streaks either, which are much harder to pull off typically cause it means denying the killer every single kill.

• sinkra
  • Archol123

KNightlight will apparently do one starting this Saturday and Hens and his friends are also doing one, just not exactly currently, but it is still up, no clue when it continues... One of the players was sick the last time they wanted to play. I think they are at 130 currently and still going.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Where is the comp survivor or the comp team who does that?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited March 6

Why? When survivor come up with anything else apart from that, it is litteraly always "But we can not ballance the game for weak players".

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 220

I saw on YT win streaks with any killer (just type Killer name + win streaks).

I also saw one Trapper win streaks with no addons, no traps, no tunnels and no camping by V1rtual_Reality, but it was a Live on Twitch. I don't know if this content creator has a YT channel. It was very difficult, but he won 9 games in a row (if I remember correctly). Of course this proves nothing, but an experienced killer (V1rtual_Reality is a comp player) can dominate a good team in almost any situation. I don't think this guy is in a low MMR. He did this challenge because he wanted to prove killers can win without camping, without meta perks and without tunneling (in a normal non-competitive game).

This guy also has a "survivor" win streak with his premade but he never comes close to the crazy numbers we see on killers...all it takes is a nurse or blight with the right addons and perks to destroy his comp-team🤣

Maybe if Blight and Nurse didn't exist, we'd see some truly impressive survivor win streaks

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,569

We should balance the game around average players. Not the strongest, not the weakest. Some are so good or so bad that they should be regarded as outliers.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,707

Yes it's fine because while these win streaks are impressive they're not that impressive because of the skill gap. I'd be much more impressed seeing these killers go on even a 50 win streak against other comp players then pubs.

Putting it another way, if you put me as killer against a decent survivor comp team I bet I'd lose 1000 games in a row. This also applies to basically any game ever if you take top players and put them vs casuals.

If the MMR isn't tight enough then this stuff will happen. The MMR is as loose as it is to prioritize speed as back when they were doing the tests, most people disliked the longer queues with closer matches and preferred the faster queues instead.

• sinkra
  • ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651

Would you expect there to be in the kind of game DBD is?

To end a killer's streak, a team of survivors need repair five generators and outplay presumably one of the best players in the world, who's probably using the best killers in the game, and is currently sweating enough to make comic con smell nice.

To end a four man survivor streak, the killer needs to pick Bubba and get a down in endgame.

The difference between what's considered a valid survivor streak and valid killer streak are so different that trying to draw genuine balance information off of it is fool's folly. There's a reason why even when survs weren't nerfed that escape streaks weren't very common.

• Hitman2000
    Hitman2000 Member Posts: 14

New killers play against new suvs

u cant use that as an argument😂

new killer dont face suvs which are familiar with the game

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

Totally agree with this!!

I heard a well known streamer saying if BHVR nerfed the ability of killers to hard tunnel out survivors it would kill comp and I was thinking.... who cares?!

Most of the player base are not comp level players and I can only speak for myself but I personally have had many solo queue matches ruined by 'comp' players who play like they are in a tournament against 4 random casual solo players.

I literally do not care about balancing a single aspect of the game for this tiny segment of the DBD player base