Tunneling at 5 gens

Options
menacing_goose
menacing_goose Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 111

Since there have been changes to try and help make dbd enjoyable for both sides is there any thoughts on a solution to tunneling at 5 gens. I know it isn’t an easy problem to find a solution to especially since there are situations where killers will need to tunnel for pressure and getting someone out but it’s no fun when it’s happening early and it’s overall just weird behavior.

Comments

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,622
    Options

Stepping in with a reminder to please keep the comments civil and constructive. I understand that discussions about things such as tunneling, camping, and slugging, often bring out many points of view, but remember you can respectfully agree to disagree with others & their thoughts on the subject. Thank you.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,783
    Options

You can't exactly make the game enjoyable for both sides in a roughly balanced match in current meta. Its either bring full slowdown to make up for not tunneling or tunnel and be able to run other perks.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,642
    Options

Where are the solutions?

All I see is dogpiling, per usual :(

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,125
    Options

Nerf killers who are too good at tunneling blight, nurse etc. Put best killers agains't best survivors so make better matchmaking. Then see if that makes it more balanced ds back to 5s should be done too.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 236
    Options

At least you acknowledge the getting gen rushed isn't fun either. Most commenters seem to think only one side has a right to enjoy the game.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,761
    Options

i think we need to see the DS buff before anything. It sound impossible to stop 5 gen tunneling without nerfing tunneling all together.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 356
    Options

Make an item that a survivor can use to trap the killer with them within a limited space. The trap releases on a down or set time. This can be fun for people who are good at looping as well. The flaw is when it can be used against already slow killer.

This can be solved with testing. Either make it an item that is found in the maps. Then make it only appear with set occurrences. This can make sure it does not harm either side.

Any more suggestions or alterations are accepted.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

Make the killer a bot

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,956
    edited March 6
    Options

There's no contradictions. If a survivor is dead at 5 gens, the survivors didn't do gens nor did they protect their teammates. It is purely the fault of the survivors if they get tunneled out with 5 gens left.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,709
    Options

If you don't have the perk Babysitter, it's worth getting Steve for. It can help your tunnelled team mates a bit and force the killer to go after you (the aura read helps you get a head start).

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 466
    Options

Both the unhooker and unhookie (idk what the right term is) should see the killers aura with that perk

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,709
    Options

I've always thought so too. Last thing you want is the unhooked survivor running right into the killer's arms

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,393
    Options

Never thought I’d meet a fellow Babysitter enthusiast. You have great taste 😎