Killer buffs/survivor nerfs

Options

Why are they buffing huntress? All she does is hold up her hatchet, proxy camps hooks, and is able to tunnel right off hook with her hatchets, I hate this killer with a passion but behavior obviously cares more about killer mains than survivor mains apparently.

Comments

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Because these buffs were apparently necessary and often discussed in the forum/Twitter, duh! I have no idea.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited March 9
    Options

Because bhvr likes making trouble for themselves. To be fair though there's not a lot of survivor mains on here some 50/50 and mostly killer mains so that's whose opinion they hear the most. Id like to think that most survivor mains just don't care about trying to win anymore and just try to get a few saves or nice chases then kill themselves off on hook because they know solo q is a nightmare or they I see a lot of people say they switched to killer because its on easy mode right now.. SWF on the other hand is pretty survivor sided so the killers swear they have to tunnel but hey in the wise words of Socrates "It Is What It Is."

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

Survivors weren't nerfed this patch iirc, and heck that invocation now applies a small BNP to every gen if used correctly.

That said, even I can't fathom why they wanna buff Huntress except they looked at her placement on the killrates and think she's under performing, or as someone else pointed out here, want to add basekit addons to the killer's kits so killers try more diverse builds instead of relying on the same addons to get anywhere.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited March 9
    Options

Yea they weren't really buffed either in the last year either. I don't think survivors have got much since 6.1.0. The new invocation perk is kind of meh when you have to spend 2 minutes doing it everyone could just bring a bnp and then bang out gens instead. Its one of those perks bhvr wants you to think sounds great in theory but in practice is just mid. Like the new basement healing perk if it takes you 10 seconds to run to basement to use it then its really not as fast as you think it is its a placebo and is basically just self care with the risk of exposing yourself. Now if you can get to basement in 2 seconds its good but its just a situational perk and its probably better to just bring a strong medkit.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 785
    Options

The literal real explanation is the devs looked at the most used add ons for each killer and tried making some of them basekit as QoL. Same as when they decreased Trickster/ Huntys reload speed because they brought Iron Maiden. Shiny Pin/ Belts are her most popular add ons besides glowing concoction because despite what you may hear a lot of Huntress’s feel 77% is too slow and shiny pin makes you move at 82.

And survivors will get buffs too, it just takes longer than number tweaks. How about we cut them some slack and because keeping both sides happy seems impossible. No matter what change they make it upsets people on the other side so they have to try and balance it out. Mangled is getting nerfed, UW is getting nerfed and DS is probably getting buffed since tunneling is such a problem.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Survivors actually in a good spot right now. The only thing holding back survivor isn't buffs or nerfs to them, its communication which we should not be buffing perks/base game mechanics in compensation for no communication.

• Feneroe
    Feneroe Member Posts: 203
    Options

Yes, because it's an individual win rate and not a team win rate. Aiming for an individual win rate of 50% for each member of the side with four people will end up with a sub-30% win rate for the side with only one.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

I think we're all very confused by the changes.

Like, okay, good you're looking at older Killers. But Huntress? Really? Not Myers or Freddy or someone else? Huntress?!

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

That's 40% is not win-rate btw. It's just escape rate. So it included hatch escapes, mercy escapes by killers. Win-rate is probably lower, that's why BHVR shared escape rates instead of win-rates.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

So far nobody was able to explain me this. May you please?

50% killrate means for the survivors (individually), they win one game and they loose one game (on average). Correct?

Deathslinger here, wins roughly about 40% and looses about 40% - the rest of the games are draws. Those he does not win neither he does not loose. Correct?

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

Survivors are a team only when it comes to gens and preventing their teammate from getting tunneled apparently. When it comes to win rates or kill rates apparently it’s a 1v1v1v1v1, not a 1v4 🙃, because clearly you don’t need the help of your three other teammates to escape, right?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited March 9
    Options

Maybe i am missing the mark here.

Killer is a 4v1. What matters is his outcome for him. In our example, Slinger has equal win/loss rate - with 50% killrate. He wins half of his games and looses half of his games. We can see this in the graphic. Draws are not relevant since it is neither a win or a loss.

And then on the other hand is an equal outcome for the survivors. On average, every individual survivor escapes half of the games.

So saying that 50% killrate is not fair for the killer is wrong. The win/loss ratio is perfectly ballanced, same for survivor.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options
  • TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 571
    Options

Don't forget they destroy pinky finger from clown (with a buff with is bottle)

And the perk from sable got buff and that's nice

• Nebula
    Options

Oh I totally agree with you, this argument makes no sense to me. As you can see in the graphic you posted, a 50% kill rate equates to a 40/40/20 win loss draw split, what seems like is the no brainer for where the game should be balanced.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Its 40% escape rate for a singular person. If you REALLY wanted to win especially in a 4 man its actually quite incredibly easy to get consistent 2 outs.

• Nebula
    Options
  • Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,331
    Options

If this were true, the reasonable thing to do would be lowering her ceiling if they wanted to raise her skill floor. They've done both which will make her annoying as hell to deal with for most survivors.

• Ilikechips
    Ilikechips Member Posts: 90
    Options

The patch notes are 100% buffs to killers, 0% anything for survivors.

If you aren't used to seeing patch notes like that I would start trying to get used to it.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,375
    edited March 10
    Options

The Pinky Finger was nerfed actually. They reduced the max amount of bottles with this addon to 1 (similar to iri head). So it doesn't matter what other addons you use, it will still only be 1 bottle. I honestly don't have an issue with that though. This addon is simply stupid and should be reworked.

Wicked is a situational but pretty good perk when it comes to that. I'd really like to know if it also works when you're in second stage. That would be pretty cool. Although it has the problem, that you can never really predict it's usefulness. One match it might be insane, the next it does nothing. The aura vision is pretty powerful though. So it may work as an anti tunnel perk.

Strength In Shadows is not bad actually. It's not the most reliable perk either but it has a fairly decent effect and the aura vision is again pretty strong. 10 seconds is a lot and especially in a SWF, this is quite disgusting.

Weaving Spiders is very disappointing though. They really want to keep this whole basement focus so badly and I just can't understand why. The effect is good but the time investment and the extra downside just break it.

Also, I'm pretty sure SC + Botany Knowledge is actually weaker than Strength In Shadows. With Self-Care you take roughly 45 seconds to heal yourself. Botany Knowledge increases the speed by 50% so we get: t = 45 seconds / (100% + 50%) = 45 seconds x 2/3 = 30 seconds. On the other hand you have SIS with a 70% healing speed, which brings you to: t = 16c / (0.7c * s^(-1)) = 22.86 seconds.

I disagree that survivors got nothing useful with this chapter. Could her perks be a bit better? Definitely. But are they as bad as you made it sound? I don't think so. They certainly have some use and a SWF can definitely work with all the aura reading. In solo queue, I reckon Wicked could be a useful anti tunnel tool but that kind of depends on the killer.

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 287
    Options

Keep in mind most of the big streamers are killer mains. The devs try to keep them happy.

• Ayodam
    Options

One must factor in travel time when comparing the time investment of Strength in Shadows to SC + BK. That appears to be missing from your equation—likely because that unknown distance time could be 2 seconds to 2 minutes. Either way, this isn’t a variable SC-BK has to deal with.

I actually really liked the Pinky Finger add-on as it was. I dunno why the devs decided to nerf it. And I despise the change to his intoxication effect. Clown was one killer I could basically destroy an entire team with rather easily. He really got a raw deal this update.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,451
    Options

people here having an orgasm from all those "killers cry" and all those nonsense but noone exactly knows why huntress needed to get such huge buffs, let alone asking for it.

• Xernoton
    Options

One must factor in travel time when comparing the time investment of Strength in Shadows to SC + BK.

This is of course true but I said above that it's a more situational perk (not reliable). When it comes to raw numbers you can heal yourself fairly quick with a single perk and get aura reading on top of that. It's nowhere near meta but it's not so bad that it will never see usage.

That appears to be missing from your equation—likely because that unknown distance time could be 2 seconds to 2 minutes.

That is one reason for it. The other is, that we're comparing a combination of 2 perks with 1 perk. You can't really say what is stronger because that massively depends on the game. In one game, you could be on Rotten Fields and always get value from it, the next you're on RPD and cannot make your way to the basement all the time. So both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with buffing the perk a bit more but I think it's fairly decent overall.

I actually really liked the Pinky Finger add-on as it was. I dunno why the devs decided to nerf it.

I'll be honest, I hate this addon. The best use for it is to run after a survivor and then shove a bottle up their arse. That is not really fun and it certainly doesn't feel good to play against. Although, the anti face camping mechanic removed the most problematic aspect from it, so I guess it wasn't as bad as it used to.

And I despise the change to his intoxication effect.

You're referring to the visual effect, right? Does that really make a big difference? I haven't tested him on the PTB, so I can't tell.

• Ayodam
    Options

Yes. It’s much easier to run from Clown now that there’s no distortion to the intoxication tonic. The survivor is slightly slower but that’s it. They won’t run into objects anymore because they can literally see clearly.

While using Pinky Finger to camp (which one could still do with the anti-face camp mechanic) is a cheesy thing to do, I’ve consistently believed such strategies are fair game unless the developers patch it out. I understand people dislike dealing with it and Clown in general but Billy has a built-in insta down, Bubba has the same, Ghostface does as well. Not sure why Clown couldn’t keep his powerful add-on.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 179
    Options

I mean the wind up change is literally similar to a lot of other killers. Adding a part of an addon and reducing the actual addons effect so that the other addons get some more appeal to them. This change isn't really bad.

The extra hatchets though is weird. I've heard people say to add more lockers to maps but they chose more hatchets? Why?

And obviously the movement speed one was dumb but they got rid of that change.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,145
    Options

The only killer that they need to buff for newbie friendly is the Nurse. And everyone knows its stupid. The same goes to Huntress. Generally killers are alot stronger in low MMR so there is still no reason to buff Huntress for newbie.

If its about locker spawn, they can just add a locker to all loop-able titles. There is a huge different between missing 5 hatchets then choose between M1 chase or reload ; and 2 extra hatchets.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,145
    Options

5 matches, 12 kills over 20 survivors, we have:

0k ; 0k ; 4k ; 4k ; 4k (2 lose, 3 win for killers /// 3 lose, 2 win as survivors)

2k ; 2k ; 2k ; 3k ; 3k (3 draw, 2 win for killers /// 3 draw, 2 lose for survivors)

Killers still win more than lose, what your point?

If you see 2k as a draw, sure, then survivors with 2 escape should count as a draw. You know, survivors are supposed to work "as a team" so the result should count "as a team".

• Xernoton
    edited March 10
    Options

The difference with BIlly is that you will get the unhook fairly easy. Dodge once or start the animation before you go down and there's almost no way he can prevent it. Ghostface would already need to have you on 99%. Otherwise, he can't really prevent the unhook either. Clown on the other hand could do that. This is my main problem with this addon.

Bubba has a similar issue, that's true. Although at least with Bubba, you'd expect it. 😂

• Nebula
    Options

I’m agreeing with you?

If the survivors are seen as a team then 2 out should be and is considered a draw according to the game. Balancing around 3-4 survivors getting out is not healthy for the game. You balance around 50% because above average and below average games equate to a 3k and 1k respectively.

• Ayodam
    Options

Huntress and Trickster can also efficiently camp with their powers. They circumvent the anti-face camp mechanic as well.

• ChuckingWong
    ChuckingWong Member Posts: 188
    edited March 10
    Options

Im just about done going against Billy after Billy after Billy. These developers just cant seem to stop over buffing things to absurdity. Next on the block is huntress like what do you want survivors to even play against anymore?

Like I am at a point that I would take a skull merchant match over a Billy match as its just starting to get old.

Noone asked for overdrive and this ridiculous turn rate and speed and reapplication of power, they just wanted old Billy back ie: no overheat.

Now you have old billy + overdrive its so skill less and boring to go against. There's a reason so many of the killer players have decided to start playing this thing.

• TerraEsram
    Options

They change is add-on, and it was not the case in the PTB, this add-on is now useless, who gonna play Clown with only one bottle?

And about sable, people ask for some tweaks/buff about the Alan Wake perks and they do nothing, here, they just give a little buff

I don't say 'look, you are crying but survivor got a lot of thing" I'm just saying that they get some bones to eat

Can someone talk here without having people coming to attack you? Just be calm?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I am pretty calm actually but i am just not eating that the survivors are getting something. Because they did not.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 248
    Options

As for Huntress I agree with with few ppl who said that they probably buffing her for newer players. Personally I think they buffed her in the wrong ways, what they should had done was add more lockers or move lockers around on maps where she has the hardest time on. The reason why I think they didn't go this route tho is time and effort. Rearranging or adding lockers to maps would cost them more development time than just changing base numbers on huntress herself. They took the easier option out of the two. It's sad because adding lockers would not only help huntress but also help trickster and dredge as well.

As for survivor nerfs, nothing in this patch really nerfs survivors as far as I know. Sure Sable perks aren't meta changing perks but they not useless either. I actually really like the healing one and the basement unhooking one also has the free 20s aura reading on the killer when you are unhooked from any hook not just basement. By the way the unknown perks aren't really meta changing either. One of only going to useful on skill checks builds for doctor, the haste one is really situational, and unforeseen is just a slightly better trails/dark devotion. Nothing really meta here or game changing. It also seems a lot of people are forgetting that mangled is getting a heavy nerf which will make healing easier for survivors and in few months UW will be mostly will be getting a heavy nerf as well as DS getting a buff. Sure this patch doesn't have a lot for survivors but survivors are getting few things like the mangled nerf in this patch and after that a nerf to one of best info/tracking perks(UW) and a buff to a anti tunneling perk(DS).

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

It's seen as a draw from the Killer side but it's seen as two wins and two losses from the Survivor side. The only draw condition is Hatch for survivors.

I'm not arguing that's how it should be but the developers view it as 4 individual 1v1s for the survivors and a 4v1 for the Killer. That's how their MMR system is coded so if you try to make sense of it from viewing the survivors as a team nothing will make sense since you'll be viewing the rates from a different point of view than the devs.

It leads to weird outcomes such as although a tunneling Killer will often hurt themselves by raising their MMR to a level that they can't compete in an aggressive Survivor who can run the Killer for three or four gens will effectively carry their team but die and thus lower their MMR to go against less skilled Killers?

That last point was a side tangent but if you do want to make sense of it from the devs' point of view the devs don't look at survivor as a team effort. If you want to make it out of low MMR it 100% is until at least the gens are powered but that's not how it's viewed.

• TerraEsram
    Options

When they got nothing, the smallest change is something for them

When, in comparison, when you got everything, obtaining less than before is what they make angry, so they call for more, more and more

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640
    Options

Just to interject, survivors did get buffs recently. It’s not huge but the heartbeat sensor they have is more powerful than they like to admit, it lessens the need to rely on sound to tell if the killer is near. So you can focus on listening to call outs, information, or focus more on the gen you’re connected too.

I know it helps the hearing impaired but so far I’ve seen only people with good hearing use it. So it’s a buff to survivors, like the very new killer FOV slider is for killers.

• Xernoton
    Options

That is a seperate issue though. I agree that something should be done about this but it's not like a Huntress can stop you from getting the unhook. The cooldown between hatchets is too long.

For Trickster it's technically the same. The issue of impossible unhooks doesn't exist for them (besides basement). You will get the unhook, so one could argue that there is no need for further adjustments because this was what the devs set out to fix.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 486
    edited March 10
    Options

The forever discussion until the game dies:

"Killers get everything they want, survivors do not."

- Yep, Killers wanted a Token-System for NOED, Killers wanted Aurareading on NOED, Killers wanted Blight-Addon-Nerfs etc.

"Survivors are OP and you nerf the Pig?"

- Yeah, SWFs are sometimes OP, SoloQ is beatable with M1.

Blabla, blabla