Invocation: Weaving Spiders is the new No Mither and invites griefing

Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
edited March 14 in Feedback and Suggestions

They can SEE my aura in the basement! They know I have the perk.

Why are they kiting the killer to me and/or looping them in the structure above me? Then again... I have seen survivors kite/loop the killer around hooked survivors instead of leading them away.

That said, I have been intentionally griefed because of this perk, and I'm tired of dying with 3,000 bloodpoints and wasting the whole morning filling out griefing reports.

----

Remove the perk's aura and HUD status. I don't care how the perk is changed (buffed, nerfed, reworked).

My point is Invocation: Weaving Spiders is the new No Mither and other surviors are more inclined to grief you if you have it.

Post edited by Nos37 on

Comments

• Nos37
    edited March 12

While you're at it, remove the Broken status...

Either remove it from the perk or stop the Broken status from even appearing on the killer's HUD. (Then change No Mither: start the trial healthy, become broken once injured.) Stop showing killers this status effect!

Completing the incantation TELLS THE KILLER EXACLTY WHERE YOUR (permanently) INJURED BEHIND IS!

• Nos37
    edited March 13

I have suggested that before, yes!

Give me a perk that has some strong upside to it, at the cost of NOT letting my teammates see my aura! Maybe a permanent Distortion effect... NO ONE can read my aura, ever.

Also, I'm sure it's easy to say "rare griefers" if you play in SWF all day. I only play solo. The survivors I'm stuck with are allergic to gens and magnetically attracted to my location, intentional or otherwise.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

You really should make something different to fix that kind of problem, survivors who has weird magnetic polarity does get WORSE if you remove aura perks.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

Get reported if you lead the killer to me for griefing.

Otherwise you get reported for not doing anything for being afk, as the invocation does not get shown, and then you get interrupted by the killer and cannot finish it before you die... This is just a lose lose situation and I would prefer the option with the griefer.

• Nos37

I disagree.

I recently did a test. When I equipped 4 perks that reveal my location (Aftercare, Blood Pact, Better Together, Empathic Connection), the kiting/sandbagging got far WORSE. It was more common and easier for them to pull off.

It's solo queue. "Every survivor for themself" turns survivors into drowning victims: they're desparate and will not hesitate to drag you under with them.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 352

I almost never play on SWF. And when I do, it's only 2 or 3 of us with one being a complete newbie.

Anyway, I think it's far healthier to focus on what you can control and try to observe what you can improve on. Your current mindset gives me the impression that you're actively hunting for excuses to blame your teammates. I've played 1,000 hours, and I can count on one hand the amount of times a teammate has purposefully led the killer to me.

• Nos37

Another day, another 3 griefing reports to fill out...

The day is still young though! How many more griefers can I trap in my web? (Pun intended!)

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 421

ppl are likely not running into you to grief you, they're just running to the safest loop. I'm sure there are a small subset of players that do it to get the killer off them and I'd bet they're newer players but I highly doubt it's a significant portion of the population

3 subjectively bad games out of how many games??? and how are you determining they're running to you? It's one thing for a chase to be near shack and they inevitably go there and it's another if you're telling me they bolt from across the map to shack and then I'd wonder how you even knew this was the case?

• Nos37

Are you gaslighting me?

Are you trying to suggest that I am making this up?

You think I WANT to be griefed?

You think I enjoy it??

The post above is not enjoyment. Not in the slightest. It's sarcasm; a coping mechanism. I want to curse and swear and throw things, but I'm choosing not to. I'm choosing sarcasm.

----

Using a perk in DbD is NOT against the rules! I'm not doing ANYTHING against the rules.

Yet, the survivors I'M matched with (I don't know about you; maybe you get different survivors in your MMR bracket) feel aboslutely free to break the rules and grief me.

Doesn't stop at them kiting the killer to me, either. Nope. They teabag, emote spam, unhook spam until I'm about to hit the next stage and then farm me off the hook to do it all over again.

I have player names hidden, which means I can post my clips without name shaming if you still don't beleive me...

• Nos37

Sable's not teaming up with the killer to grief me. This clip is just a mindset, not an experience...

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,485

Are we going to remove perks like Bond and Kindred too? Since griefers could use it to bring the killer to you.

• Nos37
    edited March 14

By the time I realized Sable was in a chase and it was up to me to get the unhook, she was already kiting him into me. Why? Probably because I wasn't hooked yet, even though I was able to safely unhook survivors multiple times because Distortion hid my aura when the Clown used his aura-reading addon (while inside yellow gas) to check near the hook before leaving it.

Doesn't matter. I'm not cheating or breaking the rules. Even if I were, that does not make griefing excuseable.

• Nos37
    edited March 14

That's not the issue. (Though, I have already suggested a perk that would prevent aura-based griefing without neutering Bond, Kindred, etc.) The killer cannot read the survivors aura at all, at the cost of survivors being unable to read the user's aura either.

The problem is that Invocation: Weaving Spiders is the new No Mither (other surviors are more inclined to grief you if you have it).

• Crowman

Report the griefers. People griefing you for experimenting with a new perk is not a valid reason to remove useful information the perk provides especially when it's likely the perk will see tweaks in the future since BHVR is being extra cautious with the values of it.

• Nos37

It's not about the specifics.

The big main takeaway from this topic is what I stated. Invocation: Weaving Spiders is the new No Mither and other surviors are more inclined to grief you if you have it.

I'll add it to my original post to make it clear.

• Crowman

That doesn't matter. If you are being griefed report them. Removing useful information to help team play in soloq is a bad way to deal with griefers.

• Nos37

When I said "it's not about the specifics," I was implying that the perk doesn't have to have its useful information removed.

• SidTheKid__TTV
    SidTheKid__TTV Member Posts: 38

Now this might be me but i am not the only one who finds that perk completely useless 2 mins in basement and for what a few charges removed from every gen i was playing the ptb and games in the live release and in both of them this perk was just useless it is a bad perk and i want other people to see that

• oedalis
    oedalis Member Posts: 4

They've significantly changed the perk since the PTB. It is not useless, you should update yourself on it.

• oedalis
    oedalis Member Posts: 4

I really understand the frustration with other survivors griefing you, or straight up working with the killer (especially when it's come down to the last two survivors, solo queue players tend to opt not to team up, I've noticed), but I don't think Sable meant to kite the killer to you here, just looks like she didn't really know where to go next and was desperately running the structure to extend chase.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

Honestly, the way it is right now, the perk is just 100% useless for Survivor... it really is terrible and needs buffs/rework unfortunately.

• Nos37

Yes, it looks that way because I only recorded so far back (Xbox has limitations).

This was not the first time this match she had done this. It was more clearly intentional the first time, but I did not clip it the first time. I clipped it the second time because I'd had enough.

• Nos37
    edited March 16

I found that using it early in the match is too risky. I get tunneled if I'm caught by the killer and griefed if I successfully evade the killer all match. Now, I use it when I'm death-hook and avoiding gens is the safest bet. The problem is saving it until really late is not worth it.

It would be nice if the perk had a stronger effect if used when there are fewer gens reamining. (Edit) Or took less time to invoke with fewer gens remaining.

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • SidTheKid__TTV

No they didn't they changed one thing and kept the rest that perk is really bad you sit in basement for 2 mins while your team is getting hooked,chased and maybe dying while you are sitting in basement to remove 10 charges off a gen and be broken for the rest of the match.Idk why people praise this perk so much you spend so much time in basement for such a little reward.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 643

Lately I've been finding that a good way to tell your teammates to get off their behinds and get you is to start to throw on hook. Make one attempt to kobe on first hook, or miss one skill check on second hook. They'll usually come to get you at that point. And if not? Well, gg next. There's no reason to stick around if teammates are intentionally griefing you like that.

Really, we have stuff like this going on, and then people wonder why Survivors give up on hook...

• SidTheKid__TTV

If i see someone giving up on hook i am not going to keep them in a match they don’t wanna play because something didn’t go their way or they got a killer they don’t like.But non the less giving up at the start of the game is by far the most selfish thing you can do because survivors are supposed to survive as a team but no some people wanna give up at the start of the game people need to do better and GROW UP

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,134

This behavior is part of the reason people don't want to continue playing at times. You're throwing a tantrum because you're not getting unhooked right now!!! And threatening to ruin the match for everyone else. The lack of self awareness is staggering. Just play it out. It might end up better than you expect.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 643
    edited March 17

I give people a fair chance, but if I'm about to hit second phase, and my teammates are still sitting on their asses across the map, not even making an attempt to save, I don't see a reason to wait any longer. They clearly don't need me if they don't want to save. They've already ruined the match for the team by allowing me to go to second phase.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

Yeah I would agree with that honestly, actually less time to complete it depending on gens remaining would be perfect!

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,886

Actually bringing weaving spiders should be considered griefing. This perk and also no mither need a complete rework because as of right now they are basically killer support perks that only exist to sandbag your team.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,426
    edited March 23

Well, No Mither is intended to be a "hard mode" perk. So in that case its working as intended in being a "for fun challenge".

The same is not true for Spiders though.

• Nos37

No Mither is not just "Hard Mode" for that 1 survivor; it affects the whole TEAM.

Survivors should not be allowed to equip No Mither unless they are in a 4-man SWF, where EVERYONE in the group can CHOOSE to play in Hard Mode.

• SuperCop
    SuperCop Applicant Posts: 137

I think the griefing is absolutely terrible. Sorry you went through that. But this perk has got to be the worst perk they ever made for survivors to the point I think even No Mither is better.

It's not just the fact you're broken the rest of the game but how long it takes and you can't even help your team while you're doing it. You're really better off doing Gens. Just bring BNP of u want part of gen shaved off. It's much faster.

I had 2 matches today where things went horribly wrong partly due to that perk.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,426
    edited March 24

I understand that its frustrating but I don't think they'll realistically ever limit perks that way.

For what it's worth I personally think No Mither is silly and there's not really a need for a perk like that. But as is now its kind of just part of the risk for quing solo in a team game. You don't know who you're going to get paired with and how they'll play or what they'll run. It comes with the territory of team games. They might run perks I deem detrimental or weak such as self care, Mither, or Spiders.

You can't really dictate what teammates can play according to a certain group of players taste or what they think is strong. If that's what they wanna play and it's not against the rules, then they have every right to, even if I don't personally like it.

Post edited by MrPenguin on