The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PC-Steam: All things wicked DLC not being family shared.

Drx4041
Drx4041 Applicant Posts: 10
edited March 13 in Bug Reporting

So I use family share on steam and the account that bought the DLC has it but it doesn't appear for me at all or work. All the other bought DLC through Steam does, this newest one seems to be broken for whatever reason. I don't believe this is an intended thing considering none of the DLC operates this way, if you don't own the game then the primary account shares the DLC owned by the primary account. I've never encountered the issue prior.

Post edited by Rizzo on
4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• zsema
    zsema Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Yeah, I'm reproducing the same error and I don't understand why.

Until Alan Wake DLC , all was working fine.

My Steam family share was working as expected, except in All things wicked chapter.

Apparently im not alone, some users report the same issue in others community forums.

Steps to reproduce, in case this helps 😉:

1- I bought All things wicked DLC on Steam

2- I shared with "Family Share" Steam option to my brother's account

3-I have this DLC in account where i bought DLC but not sharing anymore with my brothers account

It only happens to on All things wicked DLC, however with all the previous ones it works for me.

• faeylar
    faeylar Member Posts: 1

Got the same issue. All other DLCs are working.

• psykorama
    psykorama Member Posts: 1

Same here since the new chapter was released. Bought the dlc and switched to my family shared account. Still no Sable or the Unknown. I even bought a few of Sable's cosmetics for the release. Please fix soon. Thank you.

• VampiressViolet
    VampiressViolet Member Posts: 7

Same here but it's removed all the DLC that was family shared between me and my partner & this hasn't happened before until this newest chapter :T makes me sad i was looking forward to using Sable... We like playing DBD together.

• Drx4041

Sorry to hear that, I am not having that issue thankfully, I think it's something else in your case. There was a thing where people were able to get DLC shared in the past through family sharing with two people owning the game. They said it wasn't intended though to be done. The only way you can family share DLC now is to not own the game.

I think the devs just accidentally marked the latest DLC as unsharable through family sharing. All the other DLC is still shared for me to this day.

Steam family sharing and the latest recent steam family share both say DLC can be shared as long as you don't own the game, unless the developers specifically mark the DLC (or game) to not be shared. Which again DBD wasn't doing in the past, so I think it's just a mistake.

• Drx4041

I don't know what changed (if anything), but the all things wicked DLC now family shares for me. I appreciate whatever you all did to fix it.