All issues with Invocation: Weaving Spiders

Options
AhoyWolf
AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
edited March 16 in Feedback and Suggestions

This Perk has several flaws that make it borderline useless or heavily in the Killer's favor.

• Requires to be done at the start of the match or it looses value
  • Requires to be done in the basement, making you an easy target if the Killer just so happens to go around it
  • Requires SWF, unusable in solo q, takes too long, you cannot force teammates to go afk with you
  • Makes you broken for the rest of the match, even if you stop the Invocation and someone else finishes it
  • It doesn't affect blocked Generators, so if you just so happen to finish the Invocation while all Generators are blocked with for example Grim Embrace, the Perk literally does nothing and you became broken :)
  • The Perk gets disabled for the rest of the game when another Survivor start the Invocation and finishes it for you, making it a wasted Perk slot in your build. (for example you cannot use it due to being on a hook or in a chase)

And I think that's all, would you trade 70 less charges on all gens after 2 minutes instead of pumping 90 or more charges in the same time? I don't think so, plus the interaction is really unfun, no skill checks means just going afk, but if there were some kind of skill checks it would be an even more tedious two minute interaction than it is currently.

This Perk needs a complete rework.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• ImJoeSwanson
    ImJoeSwanson Member Posts: 2
    Options

I agree, unless you bring distortion. Due to all the aura reading in the game, it will almost guarantee be interrupted and due to the fast undo time on the invocation it's too niche for practical use.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I have no experience of the perk for or against, but surely a switched on killer will cotton on that you're working your magic in the basement when he keeps seeing gens progressed but nobody on or near them?

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

It also doesn’t work if the killer has a perk that blocks gens but your character will continue performing the ritual.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

It doesn't progress the gens, rather just removes 10 charges from it instead like a BNP.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 490
    Options

The fact that this is an early game perk is laughable considering how ubiquitous Corrupt Intervention is

• AhoyWolf
    Options

Holy, I didn't know it regressed, when I tried it once I just went afk and finished it lol.

Another reason not to use it.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

The only reason why this perk isn't the worst perk in Dead by Daylight's history is because original Déjà Vu existed.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

There is the very, very, VERY niche case of 99%ing 5 gens and then complete then all in one fell swoop via the perk. Combos well with the otherwise mediocre Rockie Spirit

Because no gens are actually done, the killer never can reduce their patrol route and might get confused on what to do. But well, its extremely niche

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 689
    edited March 16
    Options

I'm trying to think of something nice to say about this perk. Maybe it could be handy to break a 3 gen? A team tried this against my Huntress on Lery's yesterday, but all it did was make the Ash easier to down and mori and I eventually got a 3K (gave the last Survivor hatch).

Unless you're the world's greatest looper (and the Killer isn't smart enough to realise chasing you will lose the game or doesn't care about winning), it's always better to have an extra health state so you can waste more of the Killer's time and eventually win the battle of attrition for the final gen. Especially since a 3 gen situation now strongly favours the Survivors.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

first time I saw the perk in a match I had just started a gen when someone started the invocation in the basement. As I saw my gen progress and them just sitting around the "#########"-thought got louder with every second that went by. By the time the invocation was done my gen was done, one person was in the process of being tunneled out and was on death hook in chase and the girl from the basement was the next to be tunneled out - which really didn't take long.

If I see that perk in use in a match I just gonna scrap the match and go play my own game; do some challenge, practise moonwalks, practise difficult fast vaults. Cleanse a totem or two or build a treasure pile in shack, idk. Anything makes more sense than trying to play a match that's 3v1 from the beginning. Maybe stop a gen from regressing.

• AhoyWolf
    Options

I mean this could be really funny, but it would require a heavily cordinated SWF, to keep all the gens at 99% since the Killer would probably just kick 'em and mainly not die haha, also having one person doing the invocation at the right moment because it can regress 💀