The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I want less killers like the ones we are getting

Unusedkillername
Unusedkillername Member Posts: 215
edited March 17 in Feedback and Suggestions

Killers have slowly been dipping in quality and I'd honestly like to see fewer killers being released IF it could mean we get better ones. Adding something to the game doesn't automatically make the game better because there is more content if the killer is not fun to play against, and I stress it is more important how they are to play against because you can opt out of playing a killer if they are not fun to play if you're a killer player, as a survivor you cant opt out of playing against a killer (unless you throw and die on hook) hence skull merchants kill rate.

This doesn't necessarily mean the killers have to be bad I'm a killer main and think huntress, blight, and hillbilly all have my favourite designs to both play as and against and they are all very powerful killers. The killers I have an issue with are things like the dredge, knight, xenomorph, and Chucky because on most pallets and tiles these killers can force a hit regardless of survivor input-

Chucky- respects pallet, crawls under pallet, charges gets hit.

Xenomorph- respects pallet, hits over pallet if you greed pallet and don't drop it he just hits you on the next loops round with if power (can greed on circular loops but still its sucks), The counterplay to Xenomorph is a side quest based around turrets.

Knight- puts power one place rotates the other. Gets hit.

Dredge- puts remnant next to pallet one way, rotates the other way around it, hits you if you try to play pallet or you are forced into him. If you have a good tile location you may get to leave loop and w.

Even when killers are not bad they tend to share design elements with some worse killers and it hampers them, I don't think the unknown teleports feel fair when you get forced into one by him. (like a dredge remnant) Or they tend to have a side objective like EMPs or turrets that let you deny a killers power mid chase so there is not a worry about them being OP, but this method has its drawbacks. I was playing against a Sadako with friends who were semi-new to DBD and they didn't understand the TVs and 2 got condemned early. It may sound silly but for new players having a killer have a unique side objective makes their first few games against that killer a write off they WILL lose and it creates the impression that the killer is OP even if they are weak while for a longtime player its just another task to do but if it denies a killer of their power it feels awful.

My solution-

Better killers. It sounds easier said than done and I know that hence why I think if we got less killers but they were better it would be better than what it is like now. As negative as this post is I have been playing DBD since Freddy's release and the game has generally gotten better over time so I do unlike many believe in the dev's abilities. And besides that some of the new killers even if I don't like them are ambitions the knight is the first killer since Nemesis with AI minions and they are used in a much more proactive way while Chucky is the first 3rd person killer. They are willing to try things I just hope they can see some of the more obvious issues with some killer designs while they are making them.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 800

I for one, think flame turrets are pretty neat. They aren't there just to look pretty, they are like "Sprint Bursts" that you can invest time into that will pay out later. A good turret alone can be a chase ender. How is that not cool? It's satisfying to make the killer give up on you

• Unusedkillername

I don't like them new suv players crumble against the sidequest and the new killer is far more likely to understand it as there are 33 killers in the game and often newer players will invest in a few characters because of the grind so they will understand the ones they play while the suvs struggle. It's why pinheads always had a killrate historically.

As an experienced player with thousands of hours they are just another chore honestly there is no solution to people saying "gens are boring" because the killer cannot chase all the survivors at once. It's why I think the survivor role is way less interesting and always will be hence why the killer presence on YouTube/twitch seems to be bigger even though there are way fewer killer players because of the format of the game imo.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited March 17

The side quests are fun but if the killer is good they counter the side quest immediately. Its very rare to see a xeno stand up from a turret or 2 unless the are completely new to the killer.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,990

I think most of them are well designed but i can name about 6 to 7 out of 30+ roster who need to be change. All killers with bad counterplay should be address. It absolutely no reason why clown only counterplay is to pre drop and leave the loop. Absolutely zero reasons why trickster counterplay rely on a very situation high wall structure not to die immediately. Next u got the people who just sit stuff at loops like knight and skull merchant. At least dredge and artist can be baited! they also require good timing to be effective. Knight and skull merchant take zero brain power to utilize their ability at most loops. We don't even have to talk about chucky scamper...

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I am personally however not a fan of those turret side quest. It barely has much impact since Alien can get its power back within a few seconds. Most Killer would simply not chase as a killer without power. This makes the game against Alien very macro heavy but this is not what the majority would prefere.

What some people expect are more fun killers for survivors. And those are usually fast pasted movement based type of killers like Blight, Wesker or Billy. The cool part of that: Killer and survivor should actually be on the same page here. All those named killers are not only insanly fun but also very strong.

But currently we are getting mostly killer that put a thing at a loop and get a hit or at least forces the survivor to not play the tile at all. Look at the releases: Knight, Skull Merchant in some regard Alien and yes, also Chucky. Chucky still has the potental to be a fun killer, but the power is just close to anavoidable. Scamper and S&D works perfectly hand in hand and often times leaves the Survivor with little to no choice. Please dont come with the "but survivors are not supposed to last forever" argument since this is not about that. Its about how a fun killer should look like.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 521

It's a matter of opinion, personally I love playing against macro killers much more then mobility killers because it feels more strategic than running around the same pallet 6 times.

As far Xeno specifically goes yes Xeno can get it's power back very quickly but that's the point, it's testing can you keep pressure on the Xeno with turrets or do you fall behind on keeping turrets up and let the Xeno start downing people. It's just as intense as going against say Billy but in a more team based way instead of 1v1.

• xEa
    edited March 17

Absolutly, it is based on opinions, and everyone has a different taste.

However, if we nail it down to what the majority preferes, Oni, Huntress, Blight or Wesker easily are more well recevied then Alien for example. At least acording to surveys about which killer are most fun to play against.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,570

Personally I hate playing against all those killers, except Wesker. So I'd rather not have more of those.

• Princesse_nico
    Princesse_nico Member Posts: 138

I might be the only one, but i only enjoy very much playing against the pig, cenobite and trapper. They add another thrill goal to the game ( the traps and the box ). I really enjoy surviving and dying to those 3 killers.

The rest just seems a PVP bully game.

• Princesse_nico
    Princesse_nico Member Posts: 138

same, same for me! I want some casual fun not sweaty games

• xEa

I firmly disagree and argue it is much more likely reversed.

Killer complain that they dislike getting looped and are incapeable of getting a downs before the first 2 gens or so pop. So they get those braindead easy anti loop killers that guarantee hits. And lets be real, when we look at the current version and the changes in the past years, which scenario is more likely?

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,431
    edited March 18

Whenever i hear someone complaint that killers are anti-loop i ask a simple question.

Justify why unmindgamable god pallets that make survivor's immune to anything should exist? Pallets that MUST be broken, and then, add a minimum of 20 seconds to a chase. Making it so if you just predrop 1 god pallet then shift+w to a corner of the map, you'll lose 3 gens at the start of the match?

Why are setups like this allow to exist:

When killers ask for anti-loop. Its to deal with these things.

• Unusedkillername

No its not.

Dredge has anti-loop, pyramid head has anti loop none of them can handle unplayable tiles.

Unplayable tile window spawns have nothing to do with anti-loop because they are unplayable to start with.

I'm going to presume to be speaking for the majority of killers here but I reckon more would want things like some tile spawns fixed rather than have something else in the game that also can't be played against under separate circumstances to "compensate"

• Mentally_Mechanical
    Mentally_Mechanical Member Posts: 58

I feel like both loops and anti-loops have become too prevalent, as are ways to secure a hit. That's why I really do not like Chucky, in most situations it's nearly impossible to avoid his dash. Xeno, I'm more torn on because I haven't actually played against it a lot, but I feel like it being able to hit over short loops is the least egregious example because you still have to aim.

This is an unpopular opinion, but Blight is one of my favourite killers to play against, because even though he's incredibly strong when played right, I never feel like it's something out of my control to deal with. Compare that to Chucky, who effectively has stealth + an immediate Lethal Rush that can be chained with fast vaulting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees the problem there. Unknown's looking up though, so maybe we can once again start getting fun, well balanced killers.

• TwitchVO
    TwitchVO Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6
    edited March 19

"Why can the killer counter my strategy of running back and forth near pallets and windows, these killers are awful"

Next patch, the most stale, terrible killer in the game with no anti-loop or teleport gets released:

"New killer is so much more balanced, I can just loop him forever, fun game!"

Said killer becomes entirely rare, low tier, gets buffed into an unstoppable monster, then nerfed into ######### again, cycle repeats until a rework that op will complain about anyway. Doesn't fix the problem. Killer kills.

What you want is an easier game. No. Unknown is the first killer that I've had fun with since...I don't even know. And I play survivor nearly as much as I play killer.

Asking for better killers is the most subjective and opinionated ######### no matter how many things you list would be fine additions.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,409

Lmao ah yes the single strong area on sanctum of wrath for survivors. No wonder this map has the...4th highest kill rate of any map. Truly a map that needs more survivor nerfs.

• Reinami
    edited March 19

Strawmanning. A setup like that should not exist and the map might need some changes. Such setups can spawn on any map though. 2 things can be true at the same time.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,409

Yes and so can massive deadzones can as well. Deadzones are far more common than these types of tiles today. So is shack spawning a mile away from anything else so you just die after 3 vaults at best.

What should survivors do vs anti-loop killers at literally any other area of sanctum of wrath? Hold W to your preferred corner and die? Very engaging.

• Reinami

Strawmanning. 2 things can be true at the same time. Setups like this should not exist and deadzones should not exist.

Please stop strawmanning and tell me where i am wrong with the statement:

Setups like this should not exist.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 491

I also think it is unfair whenever the Trapper forces me into his traps. The traps should be given an aura I can see whenever I get close to them so I can know to avoid them.

• Unusedkillername

comments like this are from people who are not reading my OP-

I said and I quote

"huntress, blight, and hillbilly all have my favorite designs to both play as and against and they are all very powerful killers."

the reason for this is that they don't just prevent you from looping they engage with you doing it, especially hillbilly out of the 3 this statement is mostly about him. I don't care that he's strong right now I play both roles and have since 2017. I don't want Survivor to be easier I don't care so much about that I want the role to be more enjoyable having your agency to influence the game being taken away by a killer that have not shown themselves to be better than you is not fun, it doesn't matter if you say fun is subjective its just not fun to be hard limited in what you can do if the other player reaches a certain threshold of ability and i dont feel rude presuming that your just not over that threshold yet so you cant realise it because you presumed "what you want is an easier game" which is nothing more that im doing.