Freddy buffs

welcome fog traveler!

The nightmare, oh boy; a character which was bad and became even badder after the nerf. Currently he’s the worst killer in the game, but for what reasons? Well...
1. His power does not help in a chase
2. Vulnerable to pallet looping (i mean, 8 out of 12 killers are culnerable but he’s worse)
3. Survivors don’t find the threat of being in the dream world, since you can just poke a needle into you or get some sparks onto you to wake up, also survivors can bodyblock while waking up, since the nightmare hitreg is weird when it comes to awake survivors
4. Pulling yourself up from the dying state makes you wake up

the current changes:

As of right now, these are the planned changes:
-no self care wake up
-no progression while falling asleep
-falling asleep time reduced from 7 seconds to 4
Now as a nightmare main, these changes are good, but they are not great: here’s why:
1. No progression while falling asleep means no stopping the action, meaning you can bodyblock while healing a downed survivor (unless there’s no progression while in the dream state, but that would be op from my standards)
2. 4 seconds is way too short, and if i recall correctly, you can stack the blocks add on, now this would be a good change (since the maximum time you could get is 0.5 from the very rare and rare block stack), if it wasn’t for the paintbrush. The paintbrush has 3 second reduction, meaning you could make a maximum of -1 second from stacking the paintbrush and the block
3. Im actually ok with the no self care wakeup, but i would see alot of survivors complaining freddy here and freddy there (just like the pre nerf freddy lul)

the changes to make:

As a nightmare main, the following changes would be good on the nightmare (turning him from a joke into a threat in just a few changes:
1. Time to fall asleep reduced from 7 seconds to 5 (a sweet spot from being too long to being too short
2. Waking up apllies a debuff called “sleepy”,
2.1. The sleepy debuff lasts 30 seconds and only works if the killer is freddy, after you wake up, if freddy puts you to sleep while the debuff is activated, you fall asleep 50% faster (this won’t stop the self care wake up, but it will help with those pesky shrvivors), also the swings chains applies an extra 25% to the sleepy debuff (only for that add-on)
3. Falling asleep stops your actions for the duration of the transition (you can then do your actions after you fall asleep, but at your own risk)
4. A new addition to freddy’s baseline power is called “the freddy’s bamboozle”
4.1. If you are in the dream world, you should be careful of your surroundings, strange occurrences may appear such as:
-fake freddys
-fake pallets that once close they will dissapear
-you could hear the heartbeat being close to you for a period of time
-you could see the red stain close to you for a period of time
-windows get blocked after one vault
These changes to the dream world makes for a harder challenge to get away from the nightmare
Remember these are just proposed changes to the nightmare, if you have an opinion, leave it down below, and try to be civil about it
Me chub chub out!

Comments

• Chubster
    Chubster Member Posts: 197

Remember, these are just proposed changes, and i would love to hear some opinions from another freddy main (but also from other killers and also survivors!)

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

Sounds good for me mayby in some points like with windows too good.Just wait for surv cry and say that will be too op...

• Chubster

@Larcz said:
    Sounds good for me mayby in some points like with windows too good.Just wait for surv cry and say that will be too op...

Again like i said, these are just proposed changes

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@MrChubChub said:

the changes to make:

1. Time to fall asleep reduced from 7 seconds to 5 (a sweet spot from being too long to being too short

Please no, because I like my Class Phot add on with the longer timer, I even use a green dress along it.

• Skrill0x
    Skrill0x Member Posts: 50

check out my post on how to buff freddy

• Ancheri
    Ancheri Member Posts: 157

I like your objectivity in this thread - 4 secs is definetely too short whereas 5 secs seems quite alright. I don't think that the dream transition time is gonna be the problem in your version, since survivors AND killer will be interested in finishing the transition process as quickly as possible (Survivors don't gain any progress and Freddy - well, he wants to chase!).
    Sleepy debuff - alright, seems good. It would kinda stress the playstyle of Freddy relying in a controlled engagement by pulling as many survivors into the dream world as possible - as often and fast as possible.
    No actions within the dream transition process - yep, that's needed. Although I would like survivors to still continue their action, but in some kind of an "invisible state", so they keep repairing (without progress or skill checks), but killers can already kick the gens (or they keep healing without progress and skill checks, but killers can pick up the surv on the ground). This would prevent survivors realizing the dream transition progress instantly (of course they'll mostly notice, but sometimes you realize you're being pulled into dream state some secs later).
    Freddy's Bamboozle - naa, kinda disagree with that one. Yes, Freddy needs a slight advantage while chasing. And I also get your intention of making the chase a real "nightmare", but I don't like the idea of giving him the same advantages other killers got (I just don't feel like that's quite creative #nooffense :) ). For now I don't have any other ideas, but I'll keep thinking about it. Another idea: He is supposed to be a killer with an ultimate informational advantage, so why not keeping this image while in chase? There was another thread where people complained about the red stain on Freddy, because it would take away his informational advantage. Now I know it won't be enough to simply remove the red stain on Freddy. It would give him quite an advantage in several mindgames, but it's not a key advantage against truely great survivors. Experiments with the red stain might be a nice idea though.

• Chubster

@Ancheri said:
    I like your objectivity in this thread - 4 secs is definetely too short whereas 5 secs seems quite alright. I don't think that the dream transition time is gonna be the problem in your version, since survivors AND killer will be interested in finishing the transition process as quickly as possible (Survivors don't gain any progress and Freddy - well, he wants to chase!).
    Sleepy debuff - alright, seems good. It would kinda stress the playstyle of Freddy relying in a controlled engagement by pulling as many survivors into the dream world as possible - as often and fast as possible.
    No actions within the dream transition process - yep, that's needed. Although I would like survivors to still continue their action, but in some kind of an "invisible state", so they keep repairing (without progress or skill checks), but killers can already kick the gens (or they keep healing without progress and skill checks, but killers can pick up the surv on the ground). This would prevent survivors realizing the dream transition progress instantly (of course they'll mostly notice, but sometimes you realize you're being pulled into dream state some secs later).
    Freddy's Bamboozle - naa, kinda disagree with that one. Yes, Freddy needs a slight advantage while chasing. And I also get your intention of making the chase a real "nightmare", but I don't like the idea of giving him the same advantages other killers got (I just don't feel like that's quite creative #nooffense :) ). For now I don't have any other ideas, but I'll keep thinking about it. Another idea: He is supposed to be a killer with an ultimate informational advantage, so why not keeping this image while in chase? There was another thread where people complained about the red stain on Freddy, because it would take away his informational advantage. Now I know it won't be enough to simply remove the red stain on Freddy. It would give him quite an advantage in several mindgames, but it's not a key advantage against truely great survivors. Experiments with the red stain might be a nice idea though.

Thanks for checking out my ideas, but i have somethings to say about your idea on the interaction, while it might be good for gens, what about survivors? They can just heal a survivor on the ground and you can’t do anything about it, since you can’t really pick him up, maybe I’m reading it wrong, but from what ive read it gave me that idea.
    As for the freddy bamboozle, it should be freddy who has an advantage in the dream world (from the movies), it only works on broken pallet spots and only when you pull survivors in the dream world (so for example, you pull a survivor and 2 pallets become fake)

• Chubster

@Ancheri said:

As for the red stain, maybe the more survivors are in the dream world, the more powerful he gets, by removing the red stain piece by piece and increasing breaking speed, vaulting speed and stun resistance the more survivors are trapped

• Skrill0x
    Ancheri said:

I made a similar post to buffing freddy, mind checking out my ideas?
  • jiyeonlee
    jiyeonlee Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2018

@MrChubChub said:

welcome fog traveler!

The nightmare, oh boy; a character which was bad and became even badder after the nerf. Currently he’s the worst killer in the game, but for what reasons? Well...
    2. Vulnerable to pallet looping (i mean, 8 out of 12 killers are culnerable but he’s worse)
    3. Survivors don’t find the threat of being in the dream world, since you can just poke a needle into you or get some sparks onto you to wake up, also survivors can bodyblock while waking up, since the nightmare hitreg is weird when it comes to awake survivors

the current changes:

-no self care wake up
    Now as a nightmare main, these changes are good, but they are not great: here’s why:
    1. No progression while falling asleep means no stopping the action, meaning you can bodyblock while healing a downed survivor (unless there’s no progression while in the dream state, but that would be op from my standards)
    2. 4 seconds is way too short, and if i recall correctly, you can stack the blocks add on, now this would be a good change (since the maximum time you could get is 0.5 from the very rare and rare block stack), if it wasn’t for the paintbrush. The paintbrush has 3 second reduction, meaning you could make a maximum of -1 second from stacking the paintbrush and the block
    3. Im actually ok with the no self care wakeup, but i would see alot of survivors complaining freddy here and freddy there (just like the pre nerf freddy lul)

the changes to make:

As a nightmare main, the following changes would be good on the nightmare (turning him from a joke into a threat in just a few changes:
    2.1. The sleepy debuff lasts 30 seconds and only works if the killer is freddy, after you wake up, if freddy puts you to sleep while the debuff is activated, you fall asleep 50% faster (this won’t stop the self care wake up, but it will help with those pesky shrvivors), also the swings chains applies an extra 25% to the sleepy debuff (only for that add-on)
    3. Falling asleep stops your actions for the duration of the transition (you can then do your actions after you fall asleep, but at your own risk)
    4.1. If you are in the dream world, you should be careful of your surroundings, strange occurrences may appear such as:
    -fake freddys
    These changes to the dream world makes for a harder challenge to get away from the nightmare
    Remember these are just proposed changes to the nightmare, if you have an opinion, leave it down below, and try to be civil about it
    Me chub chub out!

this guy know something i agree with you

but they told block add ons will get different option so 4seconds is fine (i heard at first reveal)

if blocks doesn't change option freddy might get op cause always can get free one hit with block add ons
    as you said

only i don't like is number 4 cause its overpowered and idiotic

its all doctor's add on ability and clown's bamboozle combined for freddy's base ability?

Post edited by jiyeonlee on
  • Ancheri

@MrChubChub said:
    Thanks for checking out my ideas, but i have somethings to say about your idea on the interaction, while it might be good for gens, what about survivors? They can just heal a survivor on the ground and you can’t do anything about it, since you can’t really pick him up, maybe I’m reading it wrong, but from what ive read it gave me that idea.

I probably didn't write it properly, sorry. Survivors, that are healing downed mates, not only have no healing progress and skill checks, the killer is also ABLE to pick up the guy on the ground (so the healing survivors don't have a collision yet).
    I just feel like the interaction shouldn't stop completely, because the survivor would instantly notice that he is being pulled into the dream world.

• Chubster

@jiyeonlee said:

@MrChubChub said:

welcome fog traveler!

the current changes:

-no self care wake up

the changes to make:

-fake freddys
    Me chub chub out!

this guy know something i agree with you

but they told block add ons will get different option so 4seconds is fine (i heard at first reveal)

if blocks doesn't change option freddy might get op cause always can get free one hit with block add ons
    as you said

only i don't like is number 4 cause its overpowered and idiotic

its all doctor's add on ability and clown's bamboozle combined for freddy's base ability?

Kinda, but it’s not like the doctor, once you pull a survivor in the dream world, a certain amount of pallets become fake (0/1/2/3), also the window one, i just put it there cause, let’s face it, he’s a joke.
    But on the other hand, i tought of something even better than freddy’s bamboozle, which is freddy’s demise; the more survivors are in the dream world, the more powerful freddy gets, from 0 to 4.
    Of the things he gets powerful are:
    1. The red stain dissapearing when 4 survivors are in the dream world (becomes shorter the more survivors are in the dream world)
    2. Vaulting speed (from 0% to 20%)
    3. Breaking speed (from 0% to 20%, both pallets and gens)
    4. Stun resistance (from 0% to 20*)

• Chubster

@Ancheri said:

@MrChubChub said:

I probably didn't write it properly, sorry. Survivors, that are healing downed mates, not only have no healing progress and skill checks, the killer is also ABLE to pick up the guy on the ground (so the healing survivors don't have a collision yet).
    I just feel like the interaction shouldn't stop completely, because the survivor would instantly notice that he is being pulled into the dream world.

(You’re saying that like your neck breaking when you get pulled into the dream world and freddy just appearing out of nowhere is not telling “you are falling asleep”)

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited June 2018

Yes and Red Paint Brush, remove the movement speed penalty. You already have wall-hacks in dreamworld while a survivor is asleep, making his movement speed slower just make him more vulnerable to loops and this is an Ultra rare like what the hell

• Ancheri

@MrChubChub said:

@Ancheri said:

@MrChubChub said:

(You’re saying that like your neck breaking when you get pulled into the dream world and freddy just appearing out of nowhere is not telling “you are falling asleep”)

Okay, okay, maybe it's just me then :D

• jiyeonlee
    jiyeonlee Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2018

@MrChubChub said:

what is kinda, are you day one noob?

i think you don't know about this game lots

doctor's pallet related add ons shows limited numbers of vision pallets

only iridescent king does unlimited numbers and its even conditionally

so freddy shouldn't have vision pallets and windows for free its stupid idea

your other wishes also greddy and overpowered

vaulting or breaking speed gain is overpowered for base ability

they should be red add ons

if you can't feel how 20% is such a huge different

myers level3+bamboozle is 30% and fast enough to catch right up after vault

and from your idea freddy can have 35% of base vault speeds with bamboozle if he is lucky

change your wiredly exaggerated look at freddy's ability

if you say what is it? and i will say

other killers can chase only one survivor at a time too

• Chubster

@jiyeonlee said:

@MrChubChub said:

what is kinda, are you day one noob?

i think you don't know about this game lots

doctor's pallet related add ons shows limited numbers of vision pallets

only iridescent king does unlimited numbers and its even conditionally

so freddy shouldn't have vision pallets and windows for free its stupid idea

your other wishes also greddy and overpowered

vaulting or breaking speed gain is overpowered for base ability

they should be red add ons

if you can't feel how 20% is such a huge different

myers level3+bamboozle is 30% and fast enough to catch right up after vault

and from your idea freddy can have 35% of base vault speeds with bamboozle if he is lucky

change your wiredly exaggerated look at freddy's ability

if you say what is it? and i will say

other killers can chase only one survivor at a time too

actually i have about 700 hours, and you should chill

• Skrill0x

btw 100% action speed reduction in dreamworld is actually impossible.
    Lets say 4 survivors do all the gens and now have to open the exit gates,
    with class photo you manage to get all 4 survivors into the dreamworld without any exit door open
    now they literally cannot leave, making freddy the only killer to be able to hold a game hostage.
    Kinda sick if you ask me. I would suggest not touching the dreamworld debuffs and transition time.
    Just add a mechanic to get more people into the dreamworld more easily and maybe reduce the terrror radius for the funny jumpscares

• CodyWolf321
    CodyWolf321 Member Posts: 10

I agree with every change here all save the dream transition it should be 4 seconds why because freddy was able to take people into his world as soon as he wanted and he was in the movies actually able to interact with people out of his world so In MY opinion freddy should be able to just pull people off of anything a normal killer can like gens totems and here the big one hook saves and or hook sabos without them being asleep because you want the character to be like in the movies then make him like in the movies Freddy just like every other licensed killer should be at least high mid-tier or high tier in generally otherwise why buy freddy or any other dlc I mean look at myres top 3 killer and came from a less popular movie franchise so the idea of pulling people off of things without them being asleep is justify-able by the fact as freddy is right now when they as in survivors here your song the just keeping work on a gen or cleansing a totem or even searching a chest so make it to where they are afraid of you but letting what I just suggested become really in the game would be just a small patch until your can find a real fix for Freddy cause to be honest freddy needs something better then just this buff If I allowed to I would like to make a post with a simple yet effective way you could rework Freddy and not just let him be a doctor 2.0 but something better or if people would rather freddy be a doctor 2.0 I have thought out a way you could do that to.