Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

When will the luck offerings finally be revised?

hi,

everyone defines "Luck" differently. Does luck only refer to the chance to get off the hook, or does luck have another meaning? Example: I am the last survivor and am being chased by the murderer. Does it depend on luck whether the hatch appears in front of me or not? Can I influence something like this with such offerings?

And what does it even mean: increased slightly, moderate, considerable? That is not clearly defined. I think percentages would be more helpful here

Comments

• MizukiAyu
    MizukiAyu Member Posts: 32

Luck is purely the % chance you have to escape the hook without a perk like Deliverance (Adam) or Wicked (Sable). It is an outdated mechanic that also used to apply to Trapper where you had a % chance to escape a bear trap. This has since been revised to be a limited RNG to a max of 6, where you are guaranteed an escape. It doesn't affect items, hatch, anything else. Hatch can only be influenced with 1 of the 2 hatch offerings, spawning in or behind Killer Shack or in or around the Main Building. Luck likely was intended to be a more fleshed out mechanic that got removed from half of it's uses and somewhat forgotten.

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 234
    edited March 29

and I always assumed that luck also played a role in other factors. I was wrong in my thinking. Thanks for the answer and yes, luck has been forgotten, that's true

Post edited by joel84 on
  • joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 234

Perhaps we will be lucky and the developers will revise this at a later date