Why does Nemesis have zombies?

Options
BluSaph
BluSaph Member Posts: 8
edited March 27 in Feedback and Suggestions

The zombies way overtune his power. They can chase survivors off gens and give free map pressure while the killer can be chasing someone else. It creates free pressure for zero effort, which is something most people seem to hate.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• BluSaph
    BluSaph Member Posts: 8
    Options

He can consistently get hits through pallets, that's an EXTREMELY strong ability that people seem to overlook. And tier 3 doesn't take long at all with the right add-ons, you can get there in just a few chases.

• LiveBritishReaction
    LiveBritishReaction Member Posts: 426
    edited March 27
    Options

His chase power is incredibly strong. One of the best zoning tools in the game, very good at maintaining distance even when you mess up, counters predropping and god pallets much MUCH better than Demo's shred, and by a landslide the most forgiving hitbox in the entire game. I swear I've gotten more hits by whipping a wall and then strafing around it than actually whipping survivors.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,574
    Options

I don't know about that, I think Demos shred with barbs glasses is most likely faster than Nemesis tentacle when destroying a pallet... And his zoning is not that good either, demos shred is probably better at zoning. Overall Nemesis is a really average killer.

The hitboxes is not really forgiving it is more about how the strafing works.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,606
    Options

Because it is a Resident Evil-Chapter. Thats it. That is the only reason why he has Zombies.

If there would be an original Killer with the same Power, this Killer would not have Zombies.

• StereoGang
    StereoGang Member Posts: 80
    Options

Zombies into a Resident Evil chapter ? I wonder why devs did that.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

The more important question is: Why doesn't Nemmy have a flamethrower or rocket launcher?

Nemmy is a solid mid tier killer. As long as you get to T2 early enough, you can quickly get the pallets out of the way. But his zombies don't make him a very strong killer.

• LiveBritishReaction
    LiveBritishReaction Member Posts: 426
    Options

The animation is faster but the little bit of movement Nemesis gets after breaking a pallet makes up for it. His zone is also really good at keeping distance, even with the reduced range compared to shred. It's a monster of a zoning tool AND it can hit over things which Demo can't do.

The hitbox is extremely forgiving. The strafing is enabled by the fact that the hitbox lingers for like a full half second after you've thrown the whip out. Like I said, a huge portion of my hits come from smacking a wall and then walking around it and murdering the survivor with, I don't know, the T-Virus infested air molecules.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,574
    Options

Making up for the faster shred is not the same as being much faster is it?

Sure but it can only zone within its range, which is rather limited compared to all the other range killers. I wouldn't call it a monster of a zoning tool.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    Options

That is why I do not get why wesker gets so much hate. I much prefer wesker as a nemesis anyday because he get free info, and in the games neme do not use zombies.. he uses a rocket launcher. Zombies ruining your loops out of no where when he is chasing you, or ofc being chased off gens its so annoying.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 585
    Options

Zombies need lunge attack.

I don't understand why they made zombies that weak in DBD when in RE series those were dangerous enemies, even the basic ones.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

Except on many loops he can't hit you, because crouch is enough to dodge. Cars, tables, random trash, windows... If you crouch, he can't hit you.

If you manage to stun him during his special attack, it stops unlike Pyramid head.

Nemesis is not terrible killer, but definetly not good. Without zombies, he would get closer to terrible pool.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

Because it is cool.

They could add a third one.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Actually, I think they should go for four.

I mean there is four survivors, why not for zombies?

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 623
    Options

nemesis is horrendous in most of the cases, he can´t hit people from the other side of a pallet / window if they crouch, needs to tier up to have a decent power (tier 2 isn´t strong), and he gives the survivors a free health state (infection) :(

better give him a Rocket launcher, a Flame Thrower and the goofy ahh dog transformation from the remake (also make him insta mori every survivor the moment he looks at them) :)