Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Adrenaline update

Comments

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,122

No it doesn’t.

Not the same…Adrenaline no longer activates if you are hooked when the gates are powered. (You would be healed)

Also not the same..Reduced speed boost duration to 3 seconds (was 5 seconds).

still a good perk though.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 803

that’s actually how the ancient noed worked

Because back then there wasn’t a hex mechanic so noed was just free without a hex but it had a limited duration

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

This change is fine, you all just overeact. Its better than most Survivor perks and still game changer in end game.

• CarlAlc7
    CarlAlc7 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 90

Adrenaline will still be a strong, the actual meta perk that got destroyed was Ultimate Weapon (which makes the people who say that BHVR only balances in the benefit of the killers look like 🤡).

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 79

What is this math? Lmao

You will get value from it, just not after going to the hook. It's the exact same thing, with a little less speed boost (which, to be fair, i really didn't think that needed to be nerfed).

Also, the way you're arguing, the killer is playing well (hooking) and getting rewarded with a healthy survivor. How is that fair?

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,363
    edited March 28

I disagree that the "doesn't work on unhook" effect is gonna be super impactful. In most cases it's still going to activate, it'll just force people to learn to 99 the last gen until the unhook happens the same way survivors already do to avoid Blood Warden.

I'm more concerned with the reduction to 3 second speed burst, but we'll have to see how it plays out

Then again, I was half worried that they were gonna completely remove the speed burst and only let it heal you from dying to injured, or something like that so maybe that's where my expectation comes from.

I never thought Adren needed changes and honestly the reason for the change feels like "people will always complain about something, and the devs want to look like they're responding to complaints," but I feel like people are either overexaggerating how powerful Adren is, or overexaggerating how impactful the changes will be. IDK maybe this is just copium.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,363

Identity V's version of NOED is literally just on a timer, no hex totem to cleanse, after like 2 minutes it completely deactivates

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,582

It will still work in solo queue. It's not difficult to wait 10 seconds until the survivor was unhooked to finish the last gen. What do you think the HUD is for?

With that being said, I don't get why they would reduce the duration of the speed boost. That was completely unnecessary.

In general play this will make little difference. It's not like all 4 survivors are in chase with the killer and absolutely need the 5 seconds extra speed. The health state is what made this perk so strong and it's understandable that this part was nerfed. Now it requires a bit of thinking to make it work in case someone is hooked when the last gen is about to pop but it can still grant you about the same results as before.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209

Yup put it back to that please.

Yeah like made for this that no one ever runs anymore?

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 498

yeah it will still be good but only in swf. In solo? Your better off bringing another perk

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    edited March 28

My math was: You get to endgame with this perk 40% of the time and it gives you value 50% of the times you get to endgame. Maybe a bit exaggerated. But since killers everytime say this gives free wins, I took the escape rate (40%). This leaves you in my example with 20% of times you get positive value in reality maybe 30%. The other times it only gives you negative value like making you exhausted while you were already healthy.

This perk isn‘t the same as before, you already get not that often value from it, but when you got it, it was good.

This perk rewarded survivors for playing well, a one time use perk shouldn‘t deactivate by the killer hooking someone and it‘s fair because of the survivior GETTING TO ENDGAME and it being a 1 TIME USE.

Also it‘s just dumb that survivor perks in general deactivate in endgame there is no such thing for the killer and the survivors then get punished for playing well, like why? The survivors succeeded in what they should do and the killer didn‘t and he is the one, who gets rewarded (also there are a lot of perks that do that for the killer)

• GloomySpooks
    GloomySpooks Member Posts: 39

Yeah let's not overreact because it's still great for the people NOT on hook, yeah sucks for whoever had it on hook but killers that face 4 adrens in endgame get a bit of a reprieve now if they managed to hook someone before it popped.

Think they should've left haste alone tho, plenty of ranged/teleporting killers in the game to justify it, plus t3 batteries Myers, 99 marking ghostface and NOED & Terminus still exist.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 655
    edited March 28

To be honest I think this means a lot of survivors will start using Hope instead which is a much better endgame perk imo because of the base speed increase lasting all of endgame instead of being a one and done. Adrenaline is still good for getting a heal, but it's a bit more situational now than before.

Maybe as a compromis to the hook change, Adrenaline could pause the sacrifice timer for a little while to ensure Players who equip it and make it to endgame at least get something out of it? Like a little Reassurance so your teammates can breath for a minute without being forced to make a ballsy play.

It fits thematically too, since the Survivor or resisting the Entity better thanks to Adrenaline makes perfect sense.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 898

The changes in this patch are pretty good overall. But going after Adrenaline's kneecaps was unnecessary. It was an incredibly strong perk because of how limited it was, how situational it was, and the requirement for activating it.

The perk is still good, but it's still burdened with all of it's requirements. So it's a limited, situational, and requirement heavy perk, that's only good, not amazing.

Not to mention that because full squads can make great use of the perk, your average solo queue player now gets an inferior version to traverse through hell with.

• goodfriday

My friend play that game its so funny and barely if ever toxic compared to dbd, tbh if it has controller functions I would hop on it in a hard beat.

• goodfriday

My swf not running that no more, they found a perk that I remind them exist. I wont say what it is though cause then it be the next nerf it please xD.

• Cypherius
    Cypherius Member Posts: 138

Adrenaline is still a top tier perk. People are being way too dramatic about these nerfs.

The sort of Adrenaline plays that made the perk S tier are still possible. You can still go for the last gens while ignoring healing and erase all the killer's pressure. It still counters slugging and can still save a survivor being chased when the last gen pops. It still makes end game hit tanking safe and strong.

The perk is fine.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,331
    edited March 28

What a bunch of bullshit. Every single change listed. Adrenaline out here just endgame vibing and y'all hit it with the orbital nerf strike.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 615

I don't really know why some users pretend Adrenalin will be bad or useless with this nerf - I can only guess. It will still be a strong perk because you can greed the last generator while injured, you can still take a hit and then heal, you can extend a chase (3sec speedboost is still great) and so much more. It is like the update with the PainRes nerf: Players pretend now will this perk be useless but still one of the most used perk.

• Exlipsi
    Exlipsi Member Posts: 1

This wasThis was a really nice perk.If you're being tunneled in the end, you got hooked and then once you got off the hook, you were healed and you had a fighting chance to get out the exit gate and now they took that away.So now there's another mechanic in place for camping and tunneling in their favor and for survivors , not to be able to survive camping and tunneling. I think the devils are really just trying to destroy the survivor experience with all the nerves.They are putting in place for all the survivor perks while simultaneously buffing The Killers.I think the ultimate goal is to push out survivors to switch them out for bots. All the nerves they've done to survive are through dead hard and now adrenaline and the nerves soon to come.Have just made this game not worth playing. And it's sad because this is the only competitive game that I liked.

• Kabopat
    Kabopat Member Posts: 1

My 2 cents:

> [CHANGE] Adrenaline no longer activates if you are hooked when the gates are
    powered.

This feels bad imo. Adrenaline is already something that is
    super hit-or-miss on if it will even happen. This change makes it a
    terrible perk for Solo queue, because my teammates will not know I have
    it, so I have no control now over if/when this procs
    . Now, if I happen
    to be on hook and a gen finishes, I've just played the whole game with
    one less perk slot. Adren is already a risk, because you might not even
    make it to end game, and now it's even riskier.

This may promote Adren players to hard stealth to the detriment of the team
    towards the end of the game to avoid wasting the perk. Current Adren
    promotes players to take chase to support the gen progress, because
    their perk allowed them to feel more confident. They could play cooperatively in a team dynamic and take chase and maybe get hooked while the last gen was getting done. Similar to how a Deliverence player might do so earlier in the game if it's active. They can risk the hook because they know they have a perk that makes it less terrible.

> " making it very difficult for the Killer to catch them before they could escape "

Why is this an issue? Isn't that the point of this perk? To be harder to catch?

The killer can chase the other survivor (the one who
    got the unhook) rather than tunneling out the person with Adren.
    Additionally, Survivor perks that activated at end game keep getting
    nerfed, but killers have LOADS of endgame perks (NOED, No Way Out,
    Remember Me, Rancor, etc. etc. etc.) Endgame shouldn't be so killer sided. It's becoming the most dangerous part of the game for Survs, even though they have to play well to even get there.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

Those perks aren’t top tier. IIRC, they are not even in the Top 10 Most Used Survivor Perks.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,169

Average attempt at sarcasm, but it doesn't change the comment. People may drop Adrenaline for a different build or discover new perk they like. The point still stands.

• Xernoton

If solo queue players don't do that, then it's simply a skill issue. Nothing more to it. You have the HUD for things like this and solo players are fully capable of 99ing gates as well. This is not much different.

The value of Adrenaline comes mainly from the instant heal. This effect is not gone. It just needs a bit more preparation. The decreased duration of the speed boost was unnecessary but it's not like that kills the perk. I mean, you make 3s * 1.4m/s = 4.2m of distance. On the killer. That takes 7 seconds to catch up again for a 4.6m/s killer and you're also fully healed. The difference is that the chase doesn't end. But you're still in a very advantageous position and assuming someone will start opening an exit gate soon, you shouldn't have much of an issue escaping. The situations in which this isn't enough are pretty much the same as before.

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 386

It seems like these devs just don't want survivors to have any good perks at all. Mark my words Windows of Opportunity and LIthe are probably next on the chopping block.

• jonifire

Maybe stop playing killer for once and play soloq instead, before posting such things. There is no way to play around this change in soloq, because you simply don‘t know wether someone has this perk or not. And after this patch it will be far less popular to a degree that it won‘t be played in soloq at all, so you would gamble for nothing with the final gen.

The hud doesn‘t help you in this situation at all, what would help is seeing all your teammates perks.

Hopefully all good killer perks and powers get those dumb restrictions too.

• devoutartist
    devoutartist Member Posts: 112

wow that's nice after a full year of killers buff and constant survivors nerf plus bad perks so nice survivors got 2 freebee wooptydo i play both sides btw and i don't enjoy the powercreeped killers perks/reworks currently it's boring to play as and against

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 638

Another surivor perk made niche due to needing to tobble a mountain b4 any minor value is granted.

IL just keep betting on my tm throwing and run sole surivor until it's op.

• Xernoton

I last played the game yesterday. And as a matter of fact, I played in a duo (goofing off with a friend). I could play solo queue as well and honestly, I don't see the problem.

Solo survivors have no issues playing around Blood Warden either, do they? Even though they don't know if the killer has it. Because it's not hard to play around. You just make sure, you're prepared and if the killer ends up not having it (or the survivor in this case), then what's the worst that will happen? It will end as if you hadn't prepared. That's the absolute worst case scenario.

The HUD does help massively in this situation because everyone can see that the last gen is about to pop, so they can go for the unhook, while that survivor keeps the gen at 99%. It's not rocket science but simply assuming someone might have a specific perk. Just like Blood Warden. If they have it, good. If not, what's the difference?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

From this I should expect Adrenaline not to be used anymore.

Yeah right

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,851

I didn't really see Adren as a problem but I guess BHVR do, I don't use it anyway so meh I don't care personally. Still literally insta heals you/picks you up and still gives you a speed burst that will be most unwelcome for a killer chasing you.

I am a survivor main and I don't understand why survivors are crying about this and claiming the perk is broken now, it is still very strong.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,174

Most of us saw this coming..albeit I agree its a lil over the top. I was expecting it to be worse though.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,828

What does that have to do with this patch or the comment I was responding too? Survivors didn't get screwed over or nerfed at all really this update yet people are still throwing around this argument that BHVR is killer sided.

Blight nerfs (specifically hug tech removal), UW nerfs and DS buffs were arguably the 3 most requested change by survivors. They listened and added what survivors were asking for but suddenly that doesn't matter because they gave 1 perk a slight nerf?

• Ayodam

DS wasn’t buffed. Part of its nerf was reversed, making it more of a net neutral change than anything else. More survivors complain about Nurse (still untouched) than Blight. Ultimate Weapon should have been changed along with Made for This but better now than never.

And yes Adrenaline, the perk that requires survivors play at a handicap (3 perks) for 2/3rds of the trial & complete 5 generators, was nerfed. It’s not terrible but it is worse.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675

Its far from useless, its just not going to be the best survivor perk anymore. Also wdym "killed another"? They literally buffed DS to how it was, how can you complain?

• BlightedDolphin

It's still buffed from it's current version and is the exact buff everyone on these forums and other sites were asking for. Claiming this isn't a buff is like saying the previous change wasn't a nerf because they just reverted it back to 3 seconds from it's previous rework. No matter what you want to call it, it is still a positive change for survivors this patch.

People complain about Nurse and Blight pretty evenly (and on these forums I would argue Blight complaints are a much more common occurrence) . Just because one didn't get nerfed doesn't take away how impactful the Blight nerf is.

I agree Ultimate Weapon should have been nerfed earlier. Although it was introduced a chapter later than MFT and nerfed a chapter later so it kinda evens out. Still agree though, it should have been nerfed a lot earlier (and so should have MFT and most other nerfs).

Yes Adrenaline was nerfed. No one said it wasn't. It's just not a big nerf at all and doesn't take away from the fact that they are in fact listening to BOTH sides. This change is a perfect example of them listening to both sides - killers think it should be nerfed, survivors don't so they give a small and fair nerf that addresses killers main issues with it but still keeps it a fairly strong perk with it's main aspect untouched.

They clearly are listening and do not have a preferred side. Yes there is still a lot that needs to be addressed and I wish BHVR was faster with it, but seriously, how can anyone say that this is a bad patch for survivor based off of 1 single nerf and a bunch of highly requested changes?

• Ayodam
    edited March 29

I get your point but DS is not ‘buffed,’ it has a change that has been reverted. And even so it’s still weak. What happened previously to DS is inconsequential now.

To your point about survivor requests, what I’ve seen here is that people who have advocated for improvements to DS have stated quite plainly 5 seconds on paper isn’t enough. Remember: in reality you’re only getting half of that for actual stun time. The killer isn’t frozen for 5 seconds; the killer is frozen for at most 2.4 seconds assuming the animation lock for survivors still counts toward the stun duration.

I don’t really wanna wade into a marsh on which side the devs prefer. But in my opinion, they’re a profit-driven business that’s going to operate in the best interests of their bottom line (dollar). Take that as you will.

• jonifire
    edited March 29

DS still has the stupid conspicuous actions thing. Also why should I be happy about having to run a perk against…… behavior, which I‘m limited to? So why should I be happy? A perk I liked, which is fair balanced gets nuked and it‘s a huge nerf, which mainly targets soloq.

• BlightedDolphin
    edited March 29

I don't see how DS is weak now. It's still not anywhere near as powerful as it used to be, but I think now it's probably the healthiest version it could be. Yes the stun isn't technically 5 seconds, but it never was 5 seconds and it never was an issue before. This DS change is nothing but a net positive for survivors.

From what I've seen, this was the most asked for change to DS. "Just revert it to 5 seconds" made up the vast majority of the requests I've seen. The perk shouldn't be buffed any further, it's in a very healthy spot right now. Instead make some base kit counter play to tunnelling, or at the very least a generic perk to deal with it. The best counter play should not be behind a licensed perk.

• Ayodam

What helped 5-second DS before 6.1 was the presence of other perks one could use to capitalize on the DS stun (like Dead Hard, Circle of Healing, etc). A naked DS isn’t going to stop anything nor will it invoke any sort of deterrent fear in a killer who wants to tunnel. That’s why its weak. It does its job (anti-tunnel) poorly. You could theoretically try to build around it now but since very perk meant to thwart tunneling revolves around exhaustion, it’s still not really a good strategy.

• BlightedDolphin

That's a fair point. I disagree that it is weak but I can see what you are getting at. I don't think DS needed Dead Hard or CoH to be good but we will see I guess.

I think it is a much better perk now and will have an impact on tunnelling, and is a great buff to survivors, but I heavily agree that tunnelling still will be an issue and needs to be addressed. Just not through anymore DS buffs. Make it base kit and not behind a perk.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

This is a long overdue revert to how the perk used to function originally.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Fine by me, Haste effects in this game in general are way too strong as is, plus you still get the Health state

I doubt this will seriously change Adrenaline's use rate