We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Banning 1 killer

strwbury
strwbury Member Posts: 2
edited March 31 in Feedback and Suggestions

TL;DR so many killers out now, we should be able to ban matchmaking against 1 killer

EDIT: Okay, this angered some people I guess. So I instead suggest a phobia mode like making a killer look different (something basic & default I'm not sure anymore).

To preface, I know how weird this sounds, but please hear me out.

I have a fear of clowns. I can handle most of clowns outfits with the exception of the most recent outfit "Pagliaccio". I can respect that its a well-designed cosmetic, but I get genuine anxiety & discomfort when I see it & I have no choice but to either DC or never look at the killer during the match. & sometimes, this is inevitable & unavoidable. - This can also be an issue against Plague with people suffering from Emetophobia (fear of vomiting).

All I'm suggesting is that there are lots of killers out now, would it be so bad if we had the ability to ban matchmaking against just 1?

SWFs; make the group choose 1 killer together before matchmaking.

Post edited by strwbury on

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,447

The problem is that killers lock in their choice before queue. All a "don't match with x killer" would do is strain matchmaking and create either long queue times and/or worse quality of matches.

Not to mention how certain killer choices would be more unfairly punished.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 749

Exactly, Killer's cannot swap killers like survivors can in Lobbys. It would force killer to constantly requeue to find a match in which the Survivors did not vote again their least favorite killer to face. It would punished killers in playing killers they main and very good at, all because the survivors doesn't want to face a nurse main or any strong killer.

• Miowsers
    Miowsers Member Posts: 2

I just want to point out how common it is for people to have phobias, especially within a video game. If there was a spider-detailed killer I believe that bhvr would have to include a arachnophobia mode to help those players. I think some sort of alternative to this issue would be to have the option to blur the killer but not too much where it might intervene with one's gameplay but just enough so that person doesn't have to be fearful or get induced anxiety from it. This game will always a casual game for most, for others sure it is competitive but everyone wants to have a good time, and behavior should be inclusive to everyone.

• strwbury
    strwbury Member Posts: 2

So firstly, the kill ratio wouldn't be affected because I would never enter the lobby with the killer.

Secondly, there are many people playing this game & playing survivor, the killer is sure to find a different lobby other than mine.

Third, I'm not sure if you play SWF often, but usually the people are friends & I like my friends & they like me so I'm sure they'd understand my phobia & they'd also choose to ban clown.

I & many other survivors face killers that we don't like or find particularly difficult. Being said, I'm sure there will be people that would abuse this to ban a powerful killer, but all in all, its only 1 killer in that player or SWFs queue being avoided. Yes the queue times would be longer, but I'm sure people with genuine phobias wouldn't mind waiting a little longer. & the longer queue times would maybe deter people abusing this setting.

As for killer queue times, they are already pretty fast as killer is the less popular role. There are 35 killers currently. You have options. Survivors are forced to load into a match without knowing who they're up against. As I mentioned in my OP, I would then be faced with the decision of an intentional DC or to compromise my playstyle.

This suggestion was merely to make the game more accessible to people with phobias.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 749

If you are playing a horror game with one or two of your greatest fears and anxiety playing; you should know the risk in playing them or simply taking a break from those games in general. Even if blurring a killer is possible alternative option, banning a killer should not be option, as you quoted before... "everyone wants to have a good time and behavior should be inclusive for everyone."

I would be down with setting option to keep killers skins at a default level, and use any particular skins that may trigger anxiety to certain individuals as a compromise.

• Miowsers
    Miowsers Member Posts: 2

I agree with your statement and believe that it would be beneficial for those who don't want to see certain skins to have the option to disable seeing custom skins. But also still am on the side of behavior adding some sort of phobia accessibility mode for those who want to enjoy the game while not having to be terrified of certain killers. This accessibility feature can be similar to how behavior made the game accessible to hearing-impaired people.