If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

When will we fix "self unhook tech" that is abused as hell

Options

It doesn't really makes sense it's whatsoever year and we still has this mechanics for abusing, be it removing penalty from skillcheck/unhook attempt or even entire removal of both it should be fixed

Not to mention the fact it can skew the match results extremely, as it often results in 4k afterwards

Comments

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 647
    Options

What is this tech?

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 431
    Options

You can exploit the panalty for missing skillchecks and unhooking attempt to quickly leave the match

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 360
    Options

...... This is just a game mechanic. It's not kicking gens tech or vaulting tech when you do that stuff.

In any case you cannot force people to play the game. I'd rather someone just leave instead of actively sandbagging.

• Neaxolotl
    Options

"Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage"

It's clearly an errors in design, and they are using it to gain access to "what otherwise would not be available" , DC penalty aversion

It doesn't matter if you can force people to play the game, it's an exploit that hurting the game, it should be fixed

Not to mention the fact you can properly punish intentional sandbagger who keep sandbagging, and that's not the case for this

• Neaxolotl
    Options

Do you actually believe this is intended to be used as surrender or leave button

I don't think so

Whether it's "functioning" as intended or not, if end result is something unintentional it'd still be an exploit

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,067
    edited April 12
    Options

"to what otherwise would not be available" doesn't refer to a feature that doesn't exist (in this case: surrender/forfeit option), it refers to a feature that is part of the game but shouldn't be available to you. Say, if you know that after kicking a gen with nth and then immediately open a locker with darkness revealed would cause the aura read to bug out and be indefinite (ridiculous example, I know, but I'm bad at comping up with examples, so bear with me). Aura reading is available - but you use a bug to gain acess a fature that would otherwise not be available to you; the aura read would, without using that bug, not be available to you all match.

• Neaxolotl
    Options

That's cool, but "leaving the match" option still exists and it's not something intended to be available without penalty

• SignedUp4PTBFeedback
    SignedUp4PTBFeedback Member Posts: 51
    edited April 12
    Options

What's with the word "tech" being used as a buzzword nowadays?
    Giving up on hook is clearly a deliberate mechanic, given that it activates after 2 skipped skill checks in a row.

It's either that or remove all these game leaving methods, in which case people are gonna afk in front of killer or hook and then you need entire mod teams looking at matches to see who threw the match on purpose. Since this isn't a competitive based game, this is not going to happen. The solution pretty much being to find a group of like-minded people and SWF with them instead of expecting randoms in solo q to hold to a standard.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 647
    Options

If you don't like the feature being used in that way, that's fine. I don't like my teammates giving up either. But it's not an exploit or tech, and advocating for its removal on that basis isn't a sound argument.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

It is intended to sacrifice you on the hook and therefore end the match, why you missed the skill check does not matter and calling it an exploit is ridiculous dude... That's like saying running into a wall is an exploit because you cut chases short to get out of the match faster xD

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 928
    edited April 12
    Options

Honestly they could just allow a self unhook which doesn't eat away at progress, that way people can't abuse it, and increase the number of attempts you get with slippery meat, it may make it a more appealing perk that way and Wicked as well potentially.

WHen all survivors are downed just make an option for bar to go faster

And also struggle phase should just go, it's such a stupid mechanic, it can stay visually but get rid of skill checks etc I want to be able to do other stuff while on hook LMAO