If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

If survivors want buffs, then they need to ask themselves a simple question……

Options
Sandt1985
Sandt1985 Member Posts: 205

Do they want the game to be balanced around 4 individual survivors who MIGHT work together against the killer but mostly do their own thing, or do they want the game balanced around the idea of a team of 4 against the one killer?

Please understand, there is no middle ground here. It’s one or the other. The two styles of play are, by definition, diametrically opposed to each other.

As soon as that question is answered with a majority opinion swinging in one direction or the other, then we can start talking about survivor buffs. Because frankly, survivors can’t get any meaningful buffs until it’s decided how the survivor gameplay needs to be balanced.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

Some killers play the game like 1v1 & 1v3 instead of 1v4 is why the game is balanced on 1v1 & 1v3.

There is no meaningful buff when escape rate is 40% right where Devs want to. They just try to make 1v1 less frustrated.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,901
    Options

I hate to admit it but they have to balance it with 1v4 in mind

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,058
    edited April 22
    Options

At the end of the day, even if it's randoms, it is a 1v4. That's why it needs to be balanced as such. People wanting the game balanced as a 1v1v1v1v1 is why we have the balance problems we do.

The challenge is balancing it as a 1v4 but still allowing the 1v1 interactions to be good experiences. Not easy.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 205
    Options

I honestly thing the current start of the game is easily the most balanced its ever been, and that with killers Kill Rate being at the desired 60% that the devs want. If Killer is meant to be the power role, then the kill rates should slightly go in their favor. If the kill rates were 50/50, then there wouldn't be a power role.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,760
    edited April 22
    Options

The perks and items at least need to be balanced around 1v4. Its insane how with a build almost dedicated to it you can have 4 health states off hook. Meanwhile The unhooker could have a possible 3 with a styptic. And it's not like you're throwing all your eggs into one basket because the goal of chase is to last as long as possible and making the killer go through MULTIPLE health states is always guaranteed time even with little resources.

I'm just worried because that seems like that meta that will come up with the DS buff. Someone throwing themselves in front of your face where you have to hit them 2 times with it not mattering because 5 seconds gets you across the map against most killers and by that time the unhooker is across the map so you can't really switch targets.

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 284
    Options

They need to enforce teamplay and make selfish playstyles impossible or punishable.

Remove useless garbage like chest perks, luck perks, sole survivor, etc.

Require gen progress to use lockers/totems/chests/items. Forces players to progress the game before they do anything that's not progressing the game.

Then we can see how strong survivors are when the average team is focused on progressing the game and adjust accordingly.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

Can you tell what the other 3 should do when a teammate is tunneled?

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

Why is that a question for survivors? Seems like that is a question for all players regardless of role that they play.

Also, survivors aren't a homogenous group. I play exclusively soloq - I'd like the game balanced around that. But if someone plays just in SWFs, their opinion would probably be different than mine.

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 431
    edited April 23
    Options

Literally anything to help that survivors out?

There is really so much things they can do, so much

And no, even if everyone just sticks to a gen, that's not 1v1/1v3, it's 1v4 because they are more or less being efficient enough

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 168
    Options

Implying survivor mains had any input on the matter.