"Swarm of Darkness" is kinda bad challenge to complete

Options
Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,421
edited April 24 in Feedback and Suggestions

Here is the main problem with it, you need to hit someone while they are doing the action. Most of the time Survivors will leave their objective as soon as they see coming swarm on you, so they will stop that action (that you have to hit them with) as they are about to hit in half a second and you won't get score for that. It's pretty painfull. Most of the time Survivors just let go second before getting hit by crows. Technicaly speaking, survivors have to allow you to be clueless totaly to hit it. Now do it 6x times in ONE MATCH.

If this was at least late game tome challenge… but first tome is usualy ezi challenges and now you get this like whaaaatttt………

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,506
    edited April 24
    Options

Actually agree. Survivors usually let go of gens after you hook, so bbq never works to do this quest. You have to use maybe discordance and then try to crow them mid chase when they dont expect to get crow´d on.

This however leads to no power in chase…

6 times is a bit much.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    edited April 25
    Options

it’s ez. Just play against my soloq mates and you get more than just 6 of these hits.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,334
    Options

I agree. I got it by pure luck because some friendly souls had mercy on me and helped me achieve it.

The first thing I thought of was using BBQ but people learn and they will leave the gens when they hear you set a crow. Then I paired it with Floods of Rage but that didn't work out either because again, survivors aren't stupid. Maybe it could work with Gearhead because that's a bit harder to guess. Or you use Dying Light and hope that the gens will progress so slowly, you can actually hit them randomly.

Neither of these are likely going to work though. It would be fine, if you didn't have to do it in a single match.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    Options

Luckily I got this first time… but it was mostly because I had an incredibly manly (or oblivious) Mikaela who constantly held gens no matter what. I let her crawl out of gate at the end because of the relief her gen stubbornness to getting this.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 449
    Options

Did it first try.

I'd argue that Zarina's Red Herring challenge is way too hard, not this.

And yes, I main Artist.

• SoGo
    Options

Agree.

Maybe my MMR is lower than the one of other people, or I am lucky, but I manage to swarm survivors on gens regularly.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 288
    Options

We had the same challenge back in tome 16 (the one for Singularity) and back then and now yes this challenge is difficult for the reasons you mentioned (do it six times in one match). It is also funny that the developers chose this challenge again which is a difficult one because survivors are not stupid but at the same time this easy challenge with damage two different generators as the Artist. This is so random. Of cause, this challenge is optional but many players will do it because nearly every player has Artist due to her perks. I really hope we will get better challenges for Artist in the next levels because she has so much potencial for so cool challenges which are also manageable for the avarage player without throwing the match.

If someone wants to make this challenge fast and don't care about winning or losing: Run Discordance and Gearhead and during a chase send birds to survivors on generators because these never expect that the bird is for them. Otherwise, Tinkerer, Hoaderer, Undying are perks to make this challenge easier too (no survivor expect a bird hit while they do a chest or totem). And of cause, run the add-on severed hands because this should count on generators if I'm not mistaken. But this doesn't change the fact this is challenge is annyoing and kinda force you to throw the match or give it serveral tries. If someone wants to do this challenge done without throwing and a "more unique" build: A Hexbuild with Thrill the Hunt is good (e.g. Surveillance/Pentimento, Ruin, Thrill the Hunt, Devour Hope/Undying) as well as infobuilds (e.g. Thrilling Tremors and Pop, No Where To Hide, Eruption) but you may need several tries with these builds. I hope this will help someone to get this challenge done.

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 348
    Options

Against cautious Survivors, aim a Crow at a gen while you're chasing a Survivor. They won't assume it's aimed at them since why would you not aim it at the one you're chasing lol if you use Severed Hands with it then you can do this even quicker.

When this isn't an option, you could also try using two or three crows placed at different distances for the same gen, one misses them because they got off early, then the second or third ons flies in and hits them when they jump back on it. If they did stay on the gen to begin with, you get an injury or a down, so that strat works in your favour really well.

You could also try using Hex perks too, increases the chances of being able to get it. Since you can just predict that they're on it if you know they've seen it already.

Can be annoying to get this challenge verse Survivors that always play cautiously whenever they hear the Crows fly. But it's doable, and quicker than you might think.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 515
    Options

I can definitely see how this would be a rough one, especially since I don't play Killer much, and have never touched Artist. But I've had a few people come into my streams to ask for help with it, and played friendly in return. Of course I was glad to help them.

So that's another thing you can do, play friendly and shoot crows while they bust out gens.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I had a hard time with this one, but here’s what eventually worked for me.

• use the add-on Charcoal Stick. Survivors will see your big crow when you place it (for half a second), but they won’t see the swarm when you launch it.
    • Tinkerer! Effective for the challenge, especially mid chase. They think you’re shooting at the survivor in chase and often stay on gen.
    • Trail of Torment (so you know when they’re back on the gen).
    • Discordance
    • Gearhead

All these perks tell you when hands are on gens. Worked for me!

• SoGo
    edited April 26
    Options

Tinkerer is a great perk on Artist.

Combine it with Merciless Storm, wait a bit and put the survivor in a lose-lose situation.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

Not only that. If you happen to get a multi-level map this can be very painful as well. I got the worst and landed on Haddonfield with only 2 gens on the normal ground. 1 was in the small basement and the others all inside a house on the top floor....

Luckily the last survivors noticed what I had to do and helped me a bit.

I recommend the addon that makes crows invisible during the flight and the one that swarms other survivors next to the hit person. Discordance is great for this and also Gearhead is nice.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 323
    Options

I didn't have much trouble with it. Just ran stuff like Lethal, BBQ, and Discordance, with the add-on that causes swarmed to spread to nearby survivors. Smart survivors won't care if you hit them on the gen, they'll just remove the swarm in 2 seconds with a nearby locker.