Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Game refuses to start, 110h gaming, bug declined, what do.

Options
Gabrote42
Gabrote42 Member Posts: 30
edited April 27 in Ask the Community

Hello! I am a new player, or as new as it's understood by this game. I come from Argentina and as such my financial means ar limited. I bought the game back before dollarization hit steam. The game ran pretty fine and dandy after a few updates, with the occassional crash due to lack of memory, and around five bugs, no biggie. I mained Legion and Billy and was about to shard Artist.

Then the game was updated to UE5, an update promised to change nothing at the moment. Others are reporting new bugs, but my game has become unplayable. Apparently the minimum requirements were raised without me knowing, and now I cannot even start the game without eating a crash from either invalid arguments before I even hit space, or renderthread timing out in the lobby if I use the "-dx11" fix. (EDIT: A brazilian reported the exact same crash, and their bug was declined under the argument that the game had higher minimum requirements than their CPU) What are my options here? I cannot afford a better CPU (but if you guys have good suggestions I'd be glad to receive them in DMs), I posess no other computers of my own, nor can I borrow any to install this in.

Any help is appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Sincerely,

Gabrote42

Best Answer

Answers

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,307
    Options

Just to confirm something, the minimum requirements to run the game on PC have not changed - it's likely that some older PC's CPU's could still run the game, even though they didn't meet the minimum required system specifications.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/381210/Dead_by_Daylight/ with the exception of the Operating System I don't believe anything has changed on the minimum system requirements since 2016 when the game first launched. And whilst I appreciate your frustration and annoyance, I'm afraid that there's nothing we can assist with if your hardware doesn't meet the minimum required specifications.

• Gabrote42
    Options

I understand that. I was not expecting the game developers to be the ones providing solutions. I looked at the minimum processing core in the DBD stea page. I know Jack about processors, but I plugged them into a comparison tool and I got this:

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/es/compare_cpu-intel_core_i3_4170-vs-intel_core_i7_4790

My CPU seems to be about 6 months older, but otherwise has more cores, more threads, .05 more Gh in the GPU, more L3 cache, and take more power. I honestly don't see what makes mine worse than the minimums. If anyone else has an idea I'd love to hear it.

• Gabrote42
    Options

I thought it because this thread got the exact same error message as me, and it got declined due to CPU being lower specs. I will remake the bug thread and attach this message to it as justification. Much appreciated!

• Lolesky
    Lolesky Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same problem. Here's a laptop user with an i3-7100U and GeForce 940MX. I know, these aren't good specs, but before the update, it was enough to play on the lowest settings at a constant 50/60 fps, even though I didn't meet the minimum system requirements. I'm a little sad because I had a lot of fun playing DBD, but it's probably time to upgrade my equipment.

I'll ask right away so as not to create a separate thread. Anyway, I was planning to buy slightly newer equipment. I have a very limited budget, so I can't splurge too much, but I found an interesting and cheap offer for a PC with an i5-4460 and GTX 970. Theoretically, this equipment would be enough to play DBD, but only theoretically. I'm afraid this won't be enough since the person above me with a better processor also gets the same errors. I don't know what to do.

Dear administrators, can you update the hardware requirements for your game? I think it would help people like me with lower specs or new players.
    And I also have a question: is there any chance for an update that would still allow us to play on older processors as before?

• Gabrote42
    Options

My bug got declined with a "use tech support" message, so I am looking for drivers to update mine and try literally everything the page asks before I nag the TS people next week. Wish you luck on that.