Is This Possible for a 4K? I Really Want It! Thoughts?

CountOfTheFog
CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,290

So I've been getting a ton of bully squads at night and I had an idea and wondered if you have ever done this and what are the potential pitfalls of trying this?

These squads are extremely Altruistic and each Survivor would literally die for each other.

I plan to get a 4K using Blood Warden by doing the following:

Waiting until endgame

Down a Survivor with NOED

Open the exit gates myself

Count down until there is less than 60 seconds

Hook the Survivor

Blood Warden activities and even if they save their friend, the Blood Warden will not expire before the Entity consumes them all.

I think EGC is 180 seconds, correct?

Comments

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 418

As for what the "potential pitfalls" … the main pitfall is that your method will actually work if the survivors are altruistic enough and you get 4ks with it. Then MMR decides that the altruistic bully squads are no challenge for you and gives you the comp squads and you're getting bullied even harder.

(Just for the record, this is exactly not a brand new idea, I run out if the killer opens the gate or simply waits with hooking until the timer is down, some teammates in solo queue - who may be SWF obviously - fall for it, if I was in a SWF I would actually not allow SWF teammates to stay in if I suspect a blood warden play)

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,750

It's possible but very unlikely.

The EGC normally takes 120 seconds. The decay speed however is cut in half when a survivor is put in the dying state or hooked. So you would need to somehow keep them in the match for close to 2 minutes (if they unhook immediately) before activating Blood Warden. That is very hard to do.

• Ebonbane2000
    Ebonbane2000 Member Posts: 160

It works that way , but most people run out if they see you open the door and wait to hook.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,560

I wouldnt count on it since the stars have to align for this to work. Blood Warden can also be checked with Distortion (a popular pick atm) or Object of Obsession, making it even less likely to work.

Also EGC is 2 minutes, but slows to half speed when a Survivor is hooked, caged, or dying.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,636

Good in theory, but I find that they tend to catch on pretty quickly.

I've even see play like I'm running it despite me just wanting the match to be over.

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 441

As a survivor, if the killer opens the gates I’m leaving instantly. May work depending on the team but if it’s me and my SWF, we tell everyone to leave to ensure the killer only gets the 1K from the hook.

• CountOfTheFog

Wait, I'm confused. How can Distortion or OoO check for Bloodwarden? You're saying they can use those perks to know if I'm running it before I activate it? How?

• CountOfTheFog
    edited April 29

I did not know this. So if it's 2 minutes and I down someone with NOED, then I'm already at the 60 second mark? As long as I open the gates before hitting the Survivor?

Edit: I read your post wrong. You're saying the timer increases when I down someone?

• Shroompy
    edited April 29

Because Blood Warden reveals Survivor auras within the exit gate area, meaning Distortion will consume a stack to prevent the aura reveal and OoO will pull an uno reverse card and reveal the killer to them.

Even if the timer reaches half its still not enough since the timer slows down when you down them, meaning to secure the kills the timer needs to hit the 30 second mark so that when you hook them it guarantees that they stay locked in

• CountOfTheFog

Ok but Distortion won't tell them I have Blood Warden until it's too late, correct?

I want them to know I have it after I activate it. I want them to stand there, trapped, until The Entity eats them.

I didn't know the timer wasn't fixed. I was going to use the stopwatch on my phone but I guess that won't be reliable.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,939

Yes it's possible, it's just tricky. Few things to keep in mind:

1: It's 3 minutes if everyone is up. A survivor down or on hook slows down the egc timer.

2: as soon as you open the exit, unless your pig, they will immediately be suspicious unless their really dumb or new. Double if they know you got noed.

Basically you have to open door asap then get a down and fool them into staying long enough for blood warden to do it's magic.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited April 29

No reason it can't work but its an all or nothing play. I'd skip opening the gate myself its usually a give away.

If they pick up the downed survivor or pop the NOED before you get good use out of it then you are potentially handing a free walk out the door by opening the gates yourself.

Nothing wrong with sticking to that plan but start building the ground work for it early. The extreme altruism so called "bully squads" tend to display is a weakness you can exploit early on. Tilt a team like this and they'll often stop the objective to confront the killer. Bloody them up as much as you can and save the endgame surprise for the mop up.

• AnxiousGummy
    AnxiousGummy Member Posts: 123

They will lose a Distortion token when walking in the gate area once the gate is opened. A survivor does not need to be hooked for this to happen.

• Shroompy

Distortion and OoO can warn them of BW early, because the aura reveal works regardless if the exit is blocked or not.

Also you dont need a stopwatch, all you need is to look at the timer and listen out for the bells. Each bell signifies the percentage of time thats left (First bell signifies 75%, then 50%, then 25%)

At 25% (3rd bell) the timer is at 30 seconds and when a Survivor is downed it is slowed by half so 60 seconds. Just enough time to lock them in until the timer runs out

• CountOfTheFog

Oh wow. Yeah, I'm just reading the perk description again.

I thought the gates had to be open and someone had to be hooked for the aura reveal to activate.

You're correct that it would activate their Distortion.

This is really depressing. I really wanted to pull this off.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,459

It's possible but extremely hard. Also, even if you down all of them in the exit gates and are trying to hook them all how many hooks can you realistically reach before someone is on your shoulder long enough to wiggle off?

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,765

They probably figured it out and just leave.

Or they find your hex and use something like BU+FTP.

• CountOfTheFog

I only want to hook one.

The whole point is to get a 4K with one hook on one Survivor that activates 60 seconds of Blood Warden when there is less than 60 seconds remaining in EGC.

That way they all think they're home free only to be blocked with no possible escape.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,459
    edited April 29

I understand. I was just mentioning that, no matter what, it's really, really hard to get a 4K by relying on Blood Warden. It's awesome if you can pull it off but it's really rare. Good luck with it though; I hope you get better success than I've had (or not had in this case).

Edit: You might want to try Knight with the add-on where a survivor chased by the guards can't leave through the exit gates. It complements it well for the pro. The con is, well, you're playing Knight without one of Map of the Realm or Dried Horseflesh

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,535

Ive seen this a number of times. Most people catch on though when the killer opens the gate and leaves a person on the ground. You can see on the HUD that your team mate didn't open the gate. Most people leave.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,269

its extremely obv to players with any experience

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,167

Do it anyway!

It's tricky, but meme builds are fun. I've died to it myself against a Nemesis. You might lose a lot of games trying, but if you slug with NOED up and survivors open the gates themselves (which is what happened to me), then you're in business.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005
    edited April 30

This build has been tried countless times. It just doesn't work against SWFs.