DBD Confessionals

Options
Nun_So_Vile
Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,089
edited May 1 in General Discussions

Father Vile's Confessionals are now open. Come talk about some misdeeds in the fog that have been weighing on you and your DBD sins will be forgiven.

I accidentally body-blocked a window my teammate was trying to loop at and caused them to go down. This was because I was going one way trying to position myself for the FTP+BU and miss read what they were doing… ended up vaulting it from the opposite side before them and they went down next to me. Still was able to hit the FTP+BU when they went down, but…yeah…sorry Yuiβ€¦πŸ˜…

Share your DBD sins of the week that are weighing on you.

Post edited by Nun_So_Vile on

Comments

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

I have two, one as Survivor and one as Killer.

First, I left out of the exit gate instead of participating in the hook rescue for the last person. I was at full health and zero hook states…

Second, as Killer I was trying to two hook everyone. I wasn’t keeping track of my hooks and ended up sacrificing Renato… Sorry Renato.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited April 30
    Options

I keep cracking myself up with previous attempts at a response. My main surv is Quinny and so as you can imagine I have to sympathize as a fellow Quin. Yea, those tome challenges can be brutal with how they want you to behave in-game. Sometimes it's just against your own script. You did it for the challenge and now have a chance to wipe the slate clean. Your DBD sins are absolved and you have been forgiven!

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited May 1
    Options

I absolve you of your sins, you have been forgiven!

I feel like the hook one is easy to do on accident, especially when their team lets them hang on the hook and they go into stage 2. I've had games like that where I try to go around and 2 hook everyone and even when I leave the area with no intention of going back to hook they still let their teammate hang around on hook until 2nd stage. I don't know if they don't catch on or just apathy, but it happens.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 230
    Options

While i was playing killer last night, there was one survivor who was incrediblt toxic to me all game with teabags. Fast forward 4 gens and 11 hooks later, he was the last survivor alive and was on death hook. Still tea bagged me at every single attempt. Eventually I down him and pick him up. He doesn't struggle, accepting his fate. Instead of hooking him, I walked around looking for the hatch, and eventually I found it. About 1.5 meters from the hatch, I put the survivor down and watched him crawl to the hatch. As he was about to crawl into it, I walked up, closed the hatch, picked him back up, and hooked him on a nearby hook.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited May 1
    Options

We all have our black jacket moments. Times we feel the need to stray from the teachings of the Jedi and walk another, darker path... May you walk through the fog absolved of the disruption to your equilibrium that the toxic surv caused you. Perhaps consider picking a funny and nice surv or baby surv to go free in their trials if you still feel the need to balance the onus of that match.

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 409
    Options

Forgive me father because I have sinned 😒

Yesterday I played several clown matches with a very evil build: knockout, infectious fright, Hex: Third Seal and STBFL.

I don't know what possessed me to do these abominable things. All those survivors… l slugged them all.. for 4 minutes. I don't know why I did it but it felt good... a feeling I haven't had in a long time.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,826
    Options

That's a good way to handle Toxic players. He earned that! I'm giving you a Gold Star 🌟

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,826
    Options

Did you maybe have a bad day in real life and the negative emotions from it were transferred to the Survivors?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,070
    Options

I was on Ghostface. A survivor sent us to The Game and proceeded to pre-drop everything and teabag me the whole game. They were the last one alive with 1 gen left. I went crazy with the teabags after I downed them.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited May 1
    Options

No sin is too big to forgive. Even running a slug build and bleeding out survs. My dredge has one too with similar perks for when I'm feeling a bit of the ol' ultra-violence.

@Edgar As you should have, rightfully so.

I absolve you both of your DBD sins. may you walk the fog with clear heart and mind

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

Forgive me father for I have sinned. In a match against a face camping Bubba in which my team mates were sticking close to the hook I gave up shortly after hitting second stage.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited May 1
    Options

Xern & Burn, the Entity sees you and recognizes your devotion to it. Sometimes it does give us very tough battles when we're just doing our best so survive in its world. Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Entity is with you wherever you go. Walk the fog with a clear mind and conscience for your DBD sins have been absolved. You are forgiven!

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited May 1
    Options

I recently had a fellow Fog goer reach out to me in a DM for a DBD confessional and the person, who will be kept anonymous, asked me where I got my degree from. In case there was any doubt, I got my training and degree from the Silent Hill Institute of Theology.

All absolutions are backed by the merit of my degree

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    Options

I played anti hook with 3 buddies on badham… and I LIKED it ;-;

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 337
    Options

I confess a rare handful of my Mandy games were relentless in the past 😭 Normally, when someone boops her snoot, I’ll be friendly and we’ll do random fun stuff in the match.

But one survivor wanted a match and pulled out all the punches on me (Flashlight clicks, teabags, flashbang). Once I caught them, they wanted to give boops but I was so into the match I said β€œnah, not giving it this time” and struck them down while they were trying to sobs* boop da snoot *sobs 😭 And I hooked them and their teammates were telling me no by shaking their head, they were all standing there watching me destroy their teammate. 😭 How will I ever recover from how they were just standing there like β€œWhy Piggy.. why??”

Mandy’s eyes were red that day 🐷

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 490
    Options

I am that person that b lines straight to afk survivors with Lethal Pursuer. If I am playing an infect killer I may just infect and leave, but usually it's straight to hook.

I always give these people hatch, but the past few times they've just sacrificed themselves. I don't blame them, there's no voice chat but still, to somebody I am a monster. Still, it's a terrible feeling when that is how the match plays out

I get it, babies cry and pizzas get delivered. But my perk value, bro :(

One of my buddies is really bad for this. Whenever we play, he ALWAYS feels the need tohit the bong as the match is starting and it drives me insane.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 859
    Options

Oh Father Vile. I have a tendency to tunnel and camp any of the top popular survivors who keeps getting new skins. But its not my fault! I cant help it. The devs love and favor them so much. So.......i give my love to them too! And thats how i show it.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

One of my buddies is really bad for this. Whenever we play, he ALWAYS feels the need tohit the bong as the match is starting and it drives me insane.

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 154
    Options

The day after Sable Ward came out and everyone was using her invocation I renamed by account Sable Hunter ran territorial imperative on Bubba and basement camped everyone who went into the basement for a day.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited May 2
    Options

We can't expect the Entity to do all the work. Walk through the fog in peace for your DBD sins have been absolved mate. Along with the rest of you deadly sinners πŸ˜‰

• Nun_So_Vile
    Options

The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too. Walk through the fog of clear mind and heart, Q. Your DBD sins have been absolved.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    edited May 2
    Options

My worst one that weighs on me to this day... I was playing my usual game as Pig, maybe 4 months after I started playing, so I was still getting used to holding killer info and game state in my head... trying to 2 hook everyone before killing anyone (which has since become more a suggestion for an honest attempt at 6 hooks overall before murder switch unless absolutely necessary as I go up against better survivors), and had a commanding start. I hooked a Feng Min and even though it was completely uncontested, I saw she just got left to go to second stage... no reason, just her team shafted her.

Having been on the receiving end of that myself, I was irritated with the rest of the team, and went more hardball... and in my mind I made a mental note, and said to myself "Feng Min gets hatch".

I'm still going for 2 hooks on everyone, but now I want to win... I get to hook 7, and in the heat of the game I remembered I was giving her hatch, but just totally forgot the reason. I saw her and chased her down, ignoring other survivors to get my 8th hook... and as soon as I hooked her she was instantly sacrificed.

I looked back confused at first... then realised that the hooks I counted in my head for each survivor only remembered that for her I'd only hooked her once... I wasn't looking at my hook counts, I was justvtracking each survivor alone, and I gunned really hard for her to get my 8th hook to ensure I had enough time to kill everyone else...

I felt really guilty about it cause I proper beelined for her when I saw her like she owed me money... can only imagine what she thought 😟

I'm sorry Feng 😰

• Error_Social
    Error_Social Member Posts: 63
    Options

I played two matches as survivor when I first downloaded the game. Never again.

• dbdwight
    dbdwight Member Posts: 35
    Options

im beyond help father. ive already accepted eternal damnation awaits me in the afterlife πŸ˜”

(I played 3gen skull merchant when she dropped and enjoyed it)

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

I love having the last gen 99% with adrenaline and then tbagging in the killers face popping it and running away

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 691
    Options

The entity matched me with these poor unfortunate souls and I may have created some new Legion haters tonight :(

It was very obvious that they didn't stand much of a chance, though I didn't realise they were completely new to the game!

Eventually I stopped hooking anyone, only using my power to vault and chase and try to get 5th hit downs. I was also going to let them do some gens and heal up, so that they could at least earn some BP before they died but I guess I went a bit too hard. Before I realised the error of my ways, it was too late. So I promptly sacrificed David and hunted down the bots. Gave Nancy the hatch as is my custom (I almost always spare the last Survivor).

I'm sorry David and Nea. I guess it really is better to be swift and merciless in situations like this…

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 449
    Options

I brought myself to the new Haddonfield with a map offering while playing as Trapper.

If not for a key, I would get a 4k.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Options

Oh no, I Played on that map last night with a balanced landing build against a PH. Ended up being a hatch game like yours as well. I do not like the changes. Does not suit my taste and lowkey makes me miss OG Haddonfield. πŸ˜…πŸ‘€. Walk through the fog absolved of your dbd sins.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Options

Step into the sacred space of Father Vile's DBD confessional and experience the beauty of confession.

Share your thoughts and feelings in a medium designed for reflection and peace.

Let your soul be heard in a space that welcomes your truth with open arms πŸ€—

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 560
    Options

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned against my fellow survivor and teamed up with the killer. Bill and Yui were teaming up against killer and bullied him with flashlights and t-bagged him on every vault and pallet most of the game and not doing gens. I got so angry on behalf of the killer, who was clearly a new player, that I took pity towards him. I deleberitely sandbagged Billy on pallet so that the killer could down him. Billy and Yui took that personally and tried to bait the killer to me all the time.

Killer saw what they were trying to do, so he tunneled them both out with my help and let me and the fourth player escape