Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

nVIDIA overlay no longer working

Tupper2K
Tupper2K Member Posts: 10

After the last patch my nVIDIA overlay stopped working for DBD. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if you were able to solve it?

The overlay works for other games without issue, it's just DBD, so I suspect it has something to do with the patch.

Answers

• kanj16
    kanj16 Member Posts: 1

Same exact problem. If you find a solution please post

• yaeguuji
    yaeguuji Member Posts: 2

same issue here too! thought something was messed up on my end :( hope this gets fixed soon, i've missed out on so many great clips in my swf because of clipping/overlay not working.

• TheResidentEvil
    TheResidentEvil Member Posts: 24

me aswell, lmk if you find a fix ;-;

• Tupper2K

I used DDU to uninstall the drivers and then re-install the drivers and it appears to be working as normal, although time will tell if it stays fixed.

Google the process of using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and make sure to download the drivers directly from Nvidia's website for your series of GPU before you use it. You should be using Windows Safe Mode for the uninstallation process. It's important to do your research because if you do it incorrectly you might mess something up.

Again, I'm hopeful that this is a solid fix given that these issues didn't arise until the UE5 update and maybe something didn't jive with old files or something.

Good luck.

• Tupper2K

Never mind. It stopped working.

• TheResidentEvil
    TheResidentEvil Member Posts: 24

LMAO yeah I tested all my other games and it works fine, just seems to be a DBD thing. Though at the start after launching for the first like 5 minutes it works as intended so you have some time to setup game filter, instant replay, all that jazz

• Fleshsuit
    Fleshsuit Member Posts: 3

Also having this issue since the engine update. Except I cannot edit filters or shadowplay 😭

• Fleshsuit
    Fleshsuit Member Posts: 3

I was able to fix my issue with Geforce Experience by using the experimental NVIDIA App (it's currently in beta). Only positive experiences with it so far.

• Yoshinite
    Yoshinite Member Posts: 1

Anyone find a solution to this? I've been seeing the overlay working for streamers, but i can't open it in the game, i can't record or anything, to use the filters i need to open Geforce experience and click "configurations" on the overlay to even be able to change filters. I wonder if this will ever be fixed.