If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

"Nah man, Flashlight saves, Background player, infinite Flashbangs are balanced bro"

Options
13»

Comments

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    Options

Your absolutely correct so do not get mad if a pallet save happens since you just want go grab and go. Smart killers do that in 90% of my games anyway lol.

• jokere98
    jokere98 Member Posts: 523
    Options

you know how much of an area to check it is?… you can't be serious

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 239
    Options

I just pick lightborn on most of my matches and watch them cry in the post game screen

Its always funny to see a wannabe bully squad still trying to flash you after they obviously noticed you have lightborn.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,423
    edited May 7
    Options

my only gripe is when you pick up a survivor completely facing a wall and still somehow getting blinded when nothing but the wall is in your LoS. Other than that blinds are fine

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,023
    edited May 7
    Options

People wanna act like this is non stop 4 man squads with infinite flashbangs refusing them a single hook, I've played killer only the last two days and have only seen it a handful of times, most of the time once I know they have it , it's no longer effective at that point, are people forgetting you have to do gens to get it in the first place?

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,709
    Options

Yeah, but it's a waste of a perk slot. Something as basic and necessary shouldn't require a whole perk. Survivors got basekit BT, yet killers still can only dream about basekit Lightborn. So the previously mentioned solutions about slugging builds is much better in my opinion, not only you deny survivors 318 of their god-mode and bully perks which activate only after pick-up or unhook, but also make them extremely salty.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
    Options

I just want to mention this, but if a Survivor is trying to get a save with Background Player, chances are they probably dont have Exhaustion considering the fact that they are passively following the chase.

And to an extent, some of the perks mentioned are kind of useless for the first chase; e.g. Genetic Limits and Septic Touch are too gimmicky and rely on you dropping chase a lot in the early game, Mindbreaker will get no value since they arent on a Generator anyways (MB is better for countering Sprint Burst), Blood Echo requires a hook and you havent hooked anyone yet.

IMO, I do think Background Player is a bit overtuned. Flashlights and Flashbangs are perfectly fine though and should remain unchanged, since if you remove them, you could just go for Sabo and Pallet Saves and Background Player still would remain the issue here.

• iOverSpray
    iOverSpray Member Posts: 88
    Options

They nerf flash lights out of lockers but allow flash bangs.. that should say enough to how ignorant the system is. I love the run a perk to counter a perk as well! It's so funny you expect my 4 perks to counter all 12 of yours, still have gen defense to counter your gen rush builds and be viable in a chase since windows now allows bum players to loop great. Makes sense.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Right, right. Your 4 perks to counter all 12 16 perks.

If you had to do that…. They wouldn't have, "still have gen defense to counter your gen rush builds" or "be viable in a chase since windows now allows bum players to loop great."

Thats way too many perks, chief lol. Anyway, your point is moot regardless.  It's so funny you expect my 4 perks

I don't expect your perks to do anything. I don't care about your perks. Go perk less, go full blown meta. Your perks are yours to cherish. All those words you splatted on the forums kind of make you look like you just want to get people riled up.

that should say enough to how ignorant the system is. I'm not convinced its the system, but rather killers who got caught in this situation and suddenly, an abrupt salt storm overcame them. Your example also just sounds like you're echoing something you heard somewhere.

Not trying to attack you, but you also strike me as someone who wouldn't mind that either.
    But I'm not, for the record :)

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    Options

Yeah, I rarely get blinded (maybe like 1 in 20 attempts actually works) except at pallets, and half of the few that do work are with my face in a wall from some inexplicable angle that seems impossible. The other half are (well) coordinated teams who plan to go down in the open.

But the overwhelming majority of the time being aware of your positioning and/or facing a wall with thwart just about any flashlight/flashbang save attempt, regardless of how fast they get there. Most attempts are just pathetic, really, and I'm glad they are wasting their time trying.

That said, I'll occasionally throw on Lightborn if I see 3-4 flashlights in lobby, and more often if I see no items in lobby, because that usually is an item swapping flashlight bully squad.

• iOverSpray
    iOverSpray Member Posts: 88
    Options

Part of the issue in these conversations is people like yourself can't not make it personal. I've not degraded, name called nor am I salty. I 4k wayyyyyy more games then I don't. The perks that make one mmr considerably balanced completely ruins the game in other mmr levels. I don't know what mmr I'm at but I do know I see the same 6 perks every game on every survivor so yes, to be viable I have to counter your perks. The attack here I suppose would be saying unless you're a potato still using urban evasion in a corner, you can't disagree with the situation. Facts don't have feelings homie, stop taking it personal.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

There's nothing personal here. I saw some things I wanted to address, so I did. Just forums for dbd talk, nothing more I assure you :)

GL in the fog.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,038
    Options

Sadly, the forums have been very vocal about disagreeing with you. People do want band-aid perks to continue.