If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Wicked restriction please?

Options
Azulra
Azulra Member Posts: 397

Can we please have a restriction on Wicked where it has a pre-requisite of needing to go down at least 8 meters away from the basement stairs? All people are using it for is to be the biggest trolls by running into basement while injured and running all four Wicked, Plot Twist, Decisive Strike, and Off The Record.

I'm not saying that Wicked is too strong or anything. I'm just saying that it's an annoying perk that I only ever see trolls using it because, as survivor, it's annoying when your teammate isn't helping the team out by sitting slugged in the basement constantly and as killer it's annoying that you're forced to slug said survivor because you miss out on points for slugging survivors to death.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,232
    edited May 8
    Options

Wicked is fine. Going to be honest I run this perk but I've literally not seen a soul run this perk since the chapter so maybe I'm lucky / unlucky.

Wicked's main use is unhooking yourself from basement. Outside of that all it does is show aura of killer when you're unhooked. If you're getting bullied by survivors it's absolutely not because of this perk. If you get teammates who are useless with this perk they were honestly going to be useless without the perk.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,548
    edited May 8
    Options

I think the idea behind it was that if you're running Invocation and get caught, you have a way of getting yourself out of trouble. Restricting it's distance kind of defeats that purpose.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,924
    Options

Nah

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 408
    Options

Wicked doesn't work on death hook right? You can just take the hook and you won't have to deal with it for the rest of the match.

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 697
    Options

Wicked main thing is aura reading. Other on that is one use is specific scenario so why bother?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

Sable looks at the thread

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,051
    Options

How can they have Wicked and DS/OTR active at the SAME TIME? Wicked only works on their first hook. They don't have flip-flops so hook them somewhere else if it's such a problem. Agitation helps.

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 341
    Options
  • _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 332
    Options

I made a post about this being a nerf that may be needed to it in the future. Coz one thing I predicted when I saw in ptb and made my post about it, and have since experienced first hand, and seen in streams etc, is players purposefully abusing intelligent Killers into chasing them down into basement, wasting as much time as possible knowing that if they get hooked it's a free unhook, and if they get carried out of basement, they can wriggle off or waste even more time from the Killer even if they make it to a surface hook.

In addition, there is lots of perks that can be synergised with it to make this troll/cheesy play style even more obnoxious.

I love that Wicked can be used in a 'hero' play style, where you can rescue and trade in basement to give your team a fighting chance again, while saving yourself in the process, maintaining that reclaimed momentum. But there is a lot more ways it can be used to cheese situations, which sucks.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,024
    Options

Just slug them, if I know there is no chance of hooking anywhere else and survivor clearly wanted to run into the basement, I am fine with slugging.

To gain pressure against Wicked, you either need to slug them, or tunnel them out. I really don't think this perk should get nerfed, because there is a counterplay to it.

There is a different combination of perks I would much rather see nerfed…

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,300
    Options

Agitation and to a lesser extent Iron Grasp mitigate so many annoyances in this game. Much like Lightborn, having it when you need it feels soooooo good. The surv equivalent is running things like Unbreakable and making good use out of it.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,024
    Options

That would be like saying you need to slug or tunnel anyone with Deliverance

That's true, but you can't tell so easily survivor has it.

Not to mention sure you can suspect someone has it but you'll never know until they use it.

If I can't see any other reason for the action, I will expect what is left. If survivor runs into the basement on purpose, they have that perk.

Whenever survivor unhooks themself, whole chase you had with that survivor is kinda pointless unless you have perks to make it otherwise. You didn't get any pressure from it, as long other survivors know about it of course, because everyone else can stay on gens.

Slugging still let you keep some pressure at least, because unless that survivor has unbreakable, another survivor needs to go into basement to pick them up.

Alternative is to stay around and just don't let that survivor get out of the basement, down them after BT and try to hook them again to get desired result.