Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is the forced short M1 attack intended or a bug???

Coffeecrashing
Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

Is the forced short M1 attack mechanic, that can steal hits from the killer, an intended feature or a bug? I opened the below bug report literally 12 months ago, and it’s still “under review”. Will BHVR ever tell us if this is a bug or not?

Forced short M1 attacks can steal hits from any killer, and it could happen in any game. This is a huge claim I’m making, but it’s still “under review” 12 months later.

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501

I forget where I saw it but peanits did reference it as a bug at one point. It's a very dumb thing to happen and is just a result of how bad the Aim dressing is.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,567

Good ol’ Aim Dressing.

It’s been a thing for ages. They mentioned something about it on a dev stream years ago at this point, but evidently it wasn’t a high priority.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

This phenomenon has already existed since at least 2018 when I started playing the game and has been neglected for a long time. Is it a problem because the survivors are getting away with it?

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

Its definitely gotten more pronounced. I think it is due to the rubberbanding issue going on right now. Sometimes i'll lunge at someone, and then i rubberband right back to where i was, but then my lunge doesn't happen. Similar thing is happening on survivor side where i'll just randomly see the killer "pop" back a bit. Had a situation where i got hit after vaulting because i rubberbanded back before i vaulted.

Things are a bit weird right now, so i'd say probably wait until those issues are fixed and see if it clears it up a bit more.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197

it is dedicate server certification. the server saw survivor was too far away so it dedicates your hit. the pull-back is server denying the hit. it is due to all rubber-banding that is going on after the patch.

• SimpleSage
    SimpleSage Member Posts: 96

I've seen it from time to time but recently its gotten soo bad. And it's not me rubber banding back or hit validation. 99% of the time I have ping sitting around 30, and when it isn't it's usually the server crashing out for everyone in the match. I see it when I get kind of close to survivors, I'll go to lunge and I just quick swing instead and miss a hit I would have gotten If I lunged. I've just resorted to standing on top of survivors before attacking so if I don't lunge it doesn't cost me the hit.

• Coffeecrashing
    edited May 8

My current theory is that the proximity checks, that the game uses to determine if the killer should be forbidden to lunge, is done on the killer side instead of the server side.

This means that when the game has issues like latency or rubberbanding, it’s more likely that the game will forbid the killer from lunging, even though the killer is too far away to hit the survivor with a short M1 attack.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

That does seem likely, however, this issue has been in the game for many many years.

At least since 2018, when I started playing. I think it's much more likely that it's something to do with aim dressing's interaction with the Dedicated Servers.

If the aim dressing was made for P2P, and then got ported over to DS, it would make sense why it's been significantly worse

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

Ah, you are talking about auto-miss.

That's BS but I don't think they'll ever fix it.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

aim dressing kills The Spirit for me. It didn't bother me when she had OP add-ons that let you run Survivors over in a Honda civic but now that you have to actually play her, I just keep eating Aim dressings.

I feel like I sometimes can't afford to play around Aim dressing on her because some hits can only be got by slapping people before they can physically react.

• Coffeecrashing

I’ve seen laggy PTBs, where a hit was stolen from me at least once per game, and when I watched streamers it was happening to them too. And I don’t think it was an input loss issue, because everything still looked smoothly animated.

And sometimes the stolen hit is super obvious. I’m talking about the killer and survivor not being near any objects, and both are just moving forward in a straight line, and the killer tries to lunge, and ends up whiffing a forced short M1 attack that doesn’t reach the survivor.

In any event, I’m 100% certain the issue is procuring because the proximity checks used to force a short M1 attack, are completely separate from the hit validation checks.

The big question is whether or not BHVR purposely refuses to comment on this, is because they don’t want more people to complain about it, even though they know it’s 100% unfair for killers to have hits stolen by a mechanic that like 99% of the player base doesn’t even know exists??? It’s literally been a full year, a full 12 months, and still no comments from BHVR.