Faster Sabo speed.... greaatttttttttt

Options
Orthane
Orthane Member Posts: 378

Sabo is easily the most unfun mechanic in the game and forces you to hard tunnel the person doing it. Why would you buff it?

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 425
    Options

Yeah I dunno. Seems like sabotage is at a sweet spot where you can hit the survivor twice during the action. Even a second less and you'd hit them once, they sabo and you lose your hard fought hook state. The action is already on a knife's edge, I see no reason to tip it over.

• Ohyakno
    Options

This like, doesn't happen. I've been playing since blight released and I've never had a killer just sit over my slugged body while my team was alive. Sabo squads are however, fairly common.

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 42
    Options

I haven't seen a sabo squad since the stone age.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,717
    edited May 9
    Options

how to defeat sabo as m1 killer with no ability.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

Seems like you annoyed the killer, this doesn't happen accidently.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,357
    Options

we don’t even have numbers, do we?? AND it’s a PTB and the devs have shown they are willing to tweak or even revert stuff completely if feedback is showing the changes really weren’t as expected..

• VomitMommy
    Options

There are definetly toxic killers, if you said hitting on hook, humping etc. that's not waste of time and easy to do.
    Throwing whole game to bleed out someone? That's not normal situation.

I have done this only to survivors who abused unhookable situations.

• VomitMommy
    Options

Well, he said it happened yesterday. So either they were simply unlucky and doesn't matter, or it happens regularly.

If it happens regularly to someone, I would like to see gameplay of them and their teammates, because from my experience, it's rare to happen unprovoked.

It used to be kinda more common with old Pig, but not really after they changed her traps.

I got bleed out 5 times in my 2k hours. 3 were deserved (we were SWF group builds), 1 was some russian streamer and 1 was random pig.

• Ohyakno
    Options
  • TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 373
    Options

The sabo changes seem strange to me i thought sabo was already good

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 125
    Options

sabo was in sweat spot? If you played for sabo you would most likely trade hooks XD wdym guys

• Rumble
    Rumble Member Posts: 102
    Options

The only time I've been bled out was because of my builds.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 10
    Options

Tell that to the Nurse with infectious and Lethal slugging everyone about one minute into the match and then just standing in the middle nodding like they won some kind of medal.

I'm pretty sure spawning into a match doesn't count as annoying the killer, does it?

——On topic: The Sabo-TB changes to me seem like an experiment to see where sabo is at. It isn't used much outside of dedicated builds - which probably isn't the intended way. I'm curious to see where tweaking TBs leads. Maybe we learn something interesting that leads to interesting changes - maybe we learn that Sabo should really not be touched. That's what PTB is for.

• Mooks
    Options

(sssshhhhhh, that’s the part that you should not speak out loud)

seriously though, it can be problematic with a swf that combo their entire builds around it (break out, flip flop, boil over, anti slug builds, etc) - but… indeed like the problem lies somewhere else and not toolbox sabotage..

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 125
    Options

Well, i am survivior more than a killer.

It is problematic if 2 people are doing the saves all together (1 for sabo, 1 for hit) - but then you have 2 less people on the gens.

I am actually interested in how it goes live - might be too busted because if toolbox speed will be faster and both of addons too then thats easy save most likely.

Agitation meta would be back, yaay

• Ohyakno
    Options

Trading hooks is powerful. Why do you think one of the more common perk ideas is the ability to give a teammate one of your hook stages?

• VomitMommy
    edited May 10
    Options

See This is the problem here, blame the victim.

Why should be that survivor be a victim? You just got bleed out, not end of the world. Kinda funny to try hide behind victim card for this.

Actually my solo q teammates Sabo the hook, so my guess is he thought we were in a swf. But sure blame me

I would blame that survivor then. But this is team game and this is risk of playing soloQ, you might get punished for someone else actions.

• VomitMommy
    Options

Tell that to the Nurse with infectious and Lethal slugging everyone about one minute into the match and then just standing in the middle nodding like they won some kind of medal.

I am not saying it can never happen. You have people who just want to boost their ego on both sides, but it is rare in my experience at least.

It still stands that in most cases, you just played around and found out.

I'm pretty sure spawning into a match doesn't count as annoying the killer, does it?

Nah, it does. You were supposed to spawn in different game. Killer wanted to just wait in lobby and you ruined it.

It isn't used much outside of dedicated builds - which probably isn't the intended way.

Well, it also makes dedicated builds better.

I have simple rule for this, if group denies me three hooks in a row, I am just not hooking for rest of the game. They clearly don't want me to…

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,075
    edited May 10
    Options

"I have simple rule for this, if group denies me three hooks in a row, I
    am just not hooking for rest of the game. They clearly don't want me to…"

Which I think is the appropriate way to respond.

As for the Sabo changes making dedicated builds much stronger; that depends on what they're planning/considering. Now, I won't hold my breath either way; from my perspective those dedicated sabo squads are as rare as that slugging nurse. I.e. whatever changes they have in mind will be pretty minor - except they prove to set some chain reaction in motion. Which is why there's PTB first.

• VomitMommy
    edited May 10
    Options

That this behavior is fun to verse?

It's not supposed to be fun.
    If devs want to fix it, they can just give survivors option to give up if they are on ground like 60 seconds in a row.

Just saying it's unfun thing, which is usually used as retaliation to another unfun thing.

• VomitMommy
    Options

I am not saying it can never happen, but if someone see it regularly, there is something wrong.

and of course you don't have to be part of this. It can be someone else in your team annoyed the killer. Well, it's team game and this is just another issues for soloQ.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,617
    Options

Because people complain about genrushing, so I guess they're trying to get people to save their toolbox charges for elsewhere. If survivors have nothing else to do then they're just going to sit on gens.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 805
    Options

I mean they nerfed BU which means no more FTP plays. They have to give alternatives to doing gens. Sometimes I think they should buff flashlights so SoloQ could have something. Sabo'ing seems needs coordination the same way FTP/BU did.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 473
    Options

Like when they nerfed the flashlight, if Matthew played killer and got abused by 4PT with sabotage, maybe they would nerf it the following week, but unfortunately, it's not an option now that there seems to be a lack of people playing killer on BhVR.

• Mooks
    Options

you literally just told someone that said it happened to them that it was their fault?? Said person did only tell about one single time it happened without implying it happening regularly for them..

• VomitMommy
    Options

you literally just told someone that said it happened to them that it was their fault

I said it doesn't happen accidently. "You" is meant as a prural for the team. It's strange that English doesn't have a different pronoun for singular and plural...

and I stand behind this. In most cases bleed out doesn't happen without a reason. It's still waste of time for the killer too.
    Of course you can just happen to either be collateral damage, or play against some toxic trash that simply wants to ruin someone's day.

Probably only exception I would say are slugging for 4k, but that doesn't fit description in that comment. That sometimes lead to bleed out, if second survivor just keeps hiding.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,202
    edited May 12
    Options

Sabo'ing was already in a pretty strong spot. This buff is going to be a nightmare and really going in the wrong direction. I don't think they realize how bad of a change this is. There's very little counter play to a sabo with background player. Not a healthy direction for the game at all. This is going to be one of those blatantly bad changes in the PTB that immediately gets reverted. Any player with good experience in the game could tell this is a bad idea just in concept.

• Mooks
    Options

I think you are severely underestimating how many toxic trash players (and humans in general) there are in this world.
    On one hand, good for you. On the other, don’t just assume the other side HAS to have done something to provoke it.