In my opinion, 2v8 is already mid

Options
Error_Social
Error_Social Member Posts: 63
edited May 15 in Feedback and Suggestions

Not having every killer instantly has already killed it for me and also they removed slugging, I love to slug so this is really really bad in my opinion.

Post edited by Error_Social on

Comments

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 457
    Options

They probably have the Twins in mind with the removal of slugging. That's too bad, too, because two Victors downing and slugging eight Survivors sounds like the most fun you can have in the mode.

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 578
    Options

Agreed on the killer point. Me and my sister were super excited to play our mains but we're stuck in Huntress x Nurse meta already…

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 691
    Options

Yeah I don’t see at all how it’ll work. Not to mention the immense amount of bugs. Even when the idea was being thrown around I always thought it’s going to be one of those things that is like ‘careful what you wish for’. The novelty will wear off fast one way or another.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 689
    Options

Not gonna lie, I was looking forward to teaming up with another Legion like a proper gang and annoying twice the number of Survivors.

I think it will still be fun though, even with the limitations. They did say that it was a first iteration, so there's still hope for more Killers in the future.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,987
    Options

It's a shame its only the first 5 Killers.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I've missed that part of the stream.

Did they say which killers would be in or out?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,772
    Options

I saw lots of excitement in the stream chat for a Michael and Ghostface team up, and then they tell us its just five original killers…..and the mood dropped sharply.

• Error_Social
    Options
  • Error_Social
    Options

It is only the 5 free killers: Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, Nurse and Huntress

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 449
    Options

I think it will be fine for the first try at this, but I would rather see a kind of combination restrictions so you can't use two identical killers or too annoying combos.

• drsoontm
    Options

Thanks

I guess I'm lucky, Nurse and Huntress and the killers I play the most.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,147
    Options

2vs8 confirmed? Im fine if it has only 5 killers I have waited that mode so long. But I hope they add Oni in future.

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 264
    Options

They did say you can queue up as killer with a friend and coordinate on coms together so now killers can SWF. There ya go.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

but the way i understood it is that 2v8 isnt just a modiefer like my little oni but a seperate game mode that one guy made sure to make that clear.

and they said its the first version of it and they are gonna keep working on it so im pretty optemistic that we will get all killer sooner or later. and its make total sense to start with the killers that everyone 100% owns

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 76
    Options
  • coco_shotz
    coco_shotz Member Posts: 249
    Options

I feel like we are in the beta testing phase of 2v8 since the idea of letting the killers sync up was not considered in their development so it should be looked into. There is also the power of 8 survivors to be considered as well since having literally twice the amount can lead to some really intense metas can be found with such a large group trying to escape. I have hopes for this mode but I think it's not something they ever originally considered so it's gonna take some time to even out. That being said hopefully they make all the killers available since not having something you did pay for is not good business.

• drsoontm
    Options

Anyone knows when it will happen?

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

To be fair, my friends, I don't think anyone expected such heavy restrictions right from the get go.

Replacing hooks with cages was a given, and we knew it would happen. But I am sure everyone expected to play the characters they like to play. Now it seems like you are basically screwed if you don't main any of the first 5 original killers (excluding Hag for some reason, even though she was here before Huntress).

The very reason why everyone wanted 2v8 was for killer duos. Yes, BHVR will changed the mode eventually, but its very first version won't have the one thing people wanted. I can understand the frustration.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    edited May 14
    Options

I can't wait to pair with a Nurse or Hillbilly as Trapper and let them go nuts while I peacefully set about sorting out my garden, shouting "you got this man!" from the other side of the map.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 490
    Options

Lack of Slinger is very, very sad but I'm honestly happy you guys are even doing this.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,402
    Options

Maybe because Hag was not freely available across all platforms? So some players may not have access to her based on what they play on?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

First 5 killers is a let down, although with it being a new game mode, atleast they'll have chance to balance things and iron out any issues.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,917
    Options

I envisioned exactly these levels of limitations. Precisely why I always thought it was a terrible idea.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,147
    Options

Well excluding nurse the 5 original killers aren't that hard to play. Trapper for example is basically just m1.

• ZamasuManzon
    ZamasuManzon Member Posts: 99
    Options

Same here about the roster.
    2x8 is being asked for years now and when we finally get it it's only 5 original killers.
    When this was announced 2x8 already died to me.
    Much like RE4 Remake Mercenaries I'm not touching it until Wesker is added (my main)
    Pretty sure Dracula (new co-main with Wesker) will not be in it either for a long time.

"But they are adding more killers as time passes"
    Yeah, but when? Already waited years to play killer with a friend.

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 317
    Options

i think itll work and be very fun if they let you communicate with your teammates, both as survivor and killer, via an ingame text/proxmity voice chat system. it's obligatory at this point because of classes for each survivor and special team buffs with killer combinations. also it's just gonna make it so much more fun and chaotic. there's no immersion to be had so hopefully they wont pull that excuse if they dont add ingame comms.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

And just a few days ago someone told me killers would only slug to death if provoked by the survivor 🫠

• Error_Social
    Options

If that's the case, I stand corrected, I will retract that part of my criticism

• Error_Social
    Options

I am very negative, but that doesn't take away from the problems I laid out

• Error_Social
    Options

I was under the impression that if the gamemode didn't recieve enough support during its innitial run, it would be discontinued. If that's not the case then it's a relieve to hear that

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 101
    Options

twins won't be playable anyways . Just the 5 initial killers

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,647
    edited May 15
    Options

Dear bHVR Team,

I appreciate the effort and dedication you put into considering community suggestions, particularly with the upcoming 2v8 mode. However, I have some concerns about how the proposed changes may impact the experience, and I would like to share my perspective.

When voting for 2v8 Mode in the survey, I hoped for an experience that closely mirrors the existing game mechanics, including flashlight saves and carrying survivors to hooks. I understand that you have made these adjustments based on game developer assessments, possibly to ensure balance and fun. However, I believe the community should have the opportunity to experience and evaluate the most basic version of this mode before any substantial changes are implemented.

Introducing a dedicated perk class system and restrictions on playing the same two killers in 2v8 mode seems to go against the freedom to play characters we enjoy, which I had hoped would remain a cornerstone of this game. These changes could significantly alter the dynamic and enjoyment of the mode, especially for those who are fans of specific gameplay strategies like flashlight saves and for Killer the exciting moments when said save fails. Furthermore if someone dislikes the perkclass system, they would dislike this mode.

I believe starting with the most fundamental formula of 2v8, allowing the community to provide feedback based on that experience, would be more beneficial. If balancing issues arise, they can be addressed through community-driven feedback and iterations. This approach would ensure that any changes made are genuinely reflective of the community's desires and experiences.

Thank you for considering my feedback. I look forward to seeing how this mode evolves and hope that community input continues to play a crucial role in its development.

Best regards, Emeal

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

I dont think there will be an issue with it not receiving the support it needs.

The community as a whole is really excited about this. Now that we have it, we will support. It’s okay it is starting off small. That’s the smart thing to do. Less mess, less bugs. Add little by little

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,455
    Options
  • GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 271
    Options

Can we let them test the mode first? I think as a first step this is great, monitoring those 5 killers (+ their roles) will be easier than the whole thirty whatever.

They already said they'll introduce more killers in future versions, but let's see how ppl enjoy the mode first. And the good thing is that you're not forced to play it.

• Assembled18
    Assembled18 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 16
    Options

They said they're gonna add more killers in this mode and improve & add anything based on feedbacks. So you people have to wait and let them test this mode first.